News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Wolfz Top 10s!!!

Started by Wolf, March 19, 2019, 09:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf

Other than game reviews, this is something I also wanna do. Talk about top tens of various things(mostly game related).

1.Super Smash Bros Music
2.Super Smash Bros Fighters
3.Super Smash Bros Stages
4.Game Franchises
5.Utaite Music
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Wolf

Wolfz top 10 Super Smash Bros Music!!!

10. Story 5 Meeting (Fire Emblem)

As a person who never played any Fire Emblem games, I didn't know much about the music in this game as well. But after listening to some I realized there are good music in this game. And my favorite was Story 5 Meeting. Now, I don't know how the title is supposed to be translated but judging to the feeling of the music my guess is that they're having a meeting or something?

9. Star Wolf (Star Fox)

No, this is not on the list because it's the theme of my favorite character. But because the music fits perfectly with the situation. Usually, Wolf and team Star Wolf show up out of the blue. You don't expect it. So the magnificent beginning gives the feeling of "Surprise motha fucka". And not to mention the entire melody sounds awesome. And especially with the Star Fox Assault version, that orchestra did a fantastic job preforming. Well you might wonder: This is not a Smash Bros original music! But if it's used in any Smash Bros game then I'd admit it is. And still if you think it's unfair, then fine SSBB version of Star Wolf still kicks as much ass as this one.

8. Divine Bloodlines (Castlevania)

Although Castlevania Dracula X wasn't a good game, the music was good. And the best music for me was Divine Bloodlines. This theme felt like Richter's theme song. And it has been used for such purposes. And when I heard the Smash Bros version at the Simon/Richter SSBU teaser it was the 2 theme songs I was hyped about!

7. VS. Ridley (Metroid)

Well the Brawl version was already good, but the Ultimate version made the Brawl version sound like crap! It upgraded everything I liked about the Brawl version. More rocking, more electric sound effects, more dark feeling, it just sounds perfect for a theme song of a big dragon looking boss! It fits the atmosphere.

6. Lost Painting (Castlevania)

Sure for a music that wasn't well known it had 2 versions before this masterpiece came along. Castlevania Symphony of the Night, and Castlevania Harmony of Despair. Both versions sound quite similar. Calm and melodramatic. But the SSBU version has a rock theme mixed with it. Well Nintendo arranged most of the Castlevania themes into rock versions but it's refreshing to hear something that was calm.

5. King Dedede's Theme (Kirby)

This music sounds just like a theme song for King Dedede. A fast and upbeat music. And not to mention the piano part and the orchestral part are just wonderful.

4. Gank-Plank Galleon (Donkey Kong)

First we had the SNES version, then we had the SSBB version(if I missed any, let me know), and then we got this one. I mean don't get me wrong the SSBB version of Gang-Plank Galleon(or King K. Rool/Ship Deck 2) was awesome, but just like Richter, when King K. Rool was announced as a new Smash Bros fighter this song was just FUCKING MIND BLOWING!!!!!!!!! The jazzy theme with all the trumpets was enough to make my hyped about King K. Rool's announcement! And it wasn't just me. Lots and lots of people tried to get the whole song by extracting it from other videos. And people did all this even with the demo version out on the site! Holy shit! No argument here. This song is clearly on almost everyone's top 10.

3. Lifelight (Super Smash Bros)

English

Japanese

Every Smash Bros game had a main theme song. It's been a tradition ever since the Smash Bros series was out. And at 2018 E3 we got to listen to the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate main theme song! Well for me it sounded a lot better than the 3DS & Wii-U theme, but what we didn't know was that this song was going to have lyrics(and a name). I was shocked already from seeing the adventure mode: World of Light. I had my mouth wide open because of all the hypes and surprises. And when I finally calmed myself enough to shut my mouth I heard Lifelight and had my mouth wide open again! I couldn't believe a Smash Bros theme with lyrics would exist.

2. Gourmet Race (Kirby)

I think some people were expecting this one to be on the list. And even if it was this music has like 4 versions! I like to call this the "Kirby Daddy Buffs". But anyway, the ones I like are the Melee version and the Brawl version. I like the Melee versions orchestral feeling as well as the rocking tune of the Brawl version. But the brawl version gives the most feeling of a "race". If you think of the word "race", you would think of something fast. And the Brawl version has that feeling. But that calm and classic version of the Melee version is just too good too.

1. Bramble Blast/Stickerbush Symphony (Donkey Kong)

I know you guys have your own no.1's but this is only my opinion. This theme doesn't need explanations. It's just a FUCKING MASTERPIECE!!!!!!!! The original SNES version might not sound as good as this one does, but that's because the Brawl version is so touching! I remember when I played SSBB for the first time. I was playing Subspace Emissary, and when Fox finally showed up and teamed up with Diddy Kong this song played. And it fit in perfectly. The feeling of Diddy Kong(how he just lost his best friend and helplessly ran away) and Fox(just came here like 2 minutes ago and fucking Rayquaza destroyed my Arwing) matches this songs atmosphere. And I don't know if it's just because of my nostalgic feeling but it gives me memories of my favorite times. The time when I played SSBB with my brother. Also, it relaxes me. Seriously if you never played Subspace Emissary then I suggest you do. You never know unless you played it.

And that concludes my first top 10's. Hope you liked it and tell me what your top 10 SSB musics are.

Dekkadeci

Sure, why not. My Smash Bros. music lists are going to be organized a wee bit differently, though.

I may as well give out the warning that the only Smash Bros. games I've played are the first 3, which is probably skewing my results.

First, my favourite menu theme:

1. Smash Bros. Brawl Menu
Spoiler
[close]
Maybe all that time I spent on Brawl's menus helped, but I still love that 3-3-3-3-2-2 rhythm and its relative consonance compared to the previous menu themes. I personally don't find the succeeding games' themes to be quite as catchy.

Next, my Top 5 Smash Bros. Remixes:

5. Spark Man Stage (Smash Bros. 4)
Spoiler
[close]
This gets major points for being the only Smash Bros. 4 remix I remember. Admittedly, Smash Bros. 4 didn't bring in nearly as many remixes as its predecessor, favouring a large influx of raw-ripped themes instead.

4. Shin Onigashima (Smash Bros. Brawl)
Spoiler
[close]
I've read that the Japanese find this remix as hilarious as we find the Brawl Gourmet Race remix to be--reasonably famous, traditionally decidedly NOT heavy metal music remixed into heavy metal form. Screw the original music, this folk metal remix is great fun.

3. Meta Knight's Revenge (Smash Bros. Brawl)
Spoiler
[close]
With big band jazz-style remixes like these, who needs Meta Knight's theme in the series? (OK, I'm a bigger fan of the Halberd themes anyway, and I bet quite a lot of other people share my opinion.) This was one of the only themes I remember from playing Smash Bros. Brawl (note that I did that before plunging headlong into its OST), and it's one of the themes that got me into investigating Kirby series music in earnest.

2. Battle! Team Galactic (Smash Bros. Brawl)
Spoiler
[close]
The Team Galactic Grunt theme was one of the only themes I remember from playing Pokemon Diamond (admittedly, I probably played half that game with the sound off), and this remix brings in some great instrumentation changes. Rumours are that this remix is also faster.

1. Corneria (Smash Bros. Brawl)
Spoiler
[close]
Admittedly, I like Star Fox's Corneria theme a lot, but this is definitely a remix that improves on the original. No more G major tonic chords in a G minor piece, for starters! The extensions are also a nice touch instead of merely being annoying.

Finally, my Top 5 Themes Introduced to Smash Bros. Unmodified:

5. Those Who Stand Against Our Path (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Spoiler
[close]
I find Xenoblade Chronicles 2's battle themes to be better overall than Xenoblade Chronicles's, so I was glad that one of my favourites made it into Smash Bros. Ultimate. Come on, You Will Recall Our Names...

4. Dangerous Dinner (Kirby's Return to Dream Land)
Spoiler
[close]
I was hooked by this map theme the first time I listened to it, and I'm so dang glad it's in Smash Bros. Ultimate, even if I can't quite figure out why.

3. Mechanical Rhythm (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Spoiler
[close]
It's over 3 minutes long and loads of fun! Par for the course for Xenoblade Chronicles, right? ...OK, I find that game's battle themes to be not so catchy overall, but its best still blow loads of battle themes out of the water. The double-loop-with-extras structure is a nice touch.

2. You Will Know Our Names (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Spoiler
[close]
...OK, I'll admit that the Smash Bros. series was the way I was first exposed to Xenoblade's music. This theme's tendency to turn into a nearly melody-free heavy metal jamming session took a bit of getting used to for me, but this stuff ends up being pretty darn memorable in the end.

1. Boss Fight 1 (Kid Icarus: Uprising)
Spoiler
[close]
Compact and vibrant, this boss theme also got me hooked from first listen, and it's never let go since.

Wolf

I can totally agree with some of your list.(like Corneria or Meta Knights revenge) But I do have to say I'm not picky with music, if there's a music I like, then I like it the same with any other musics. So there are a lot I didn't add on my list.(besides, I had a lot of trouble picking top 10's when I really liked a lot of SSB musics. But Bramble Blast doesn't change)

BTW, if you played the first 3 games, shouldn't it be Super Smash Bros, Super Smash Bros Melee, and Super Smash Bros Brawl?

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Wolf on March 21, 2019, 03:46:36 AMBTW, if you played the first 3 games, shouldn't it be Super Smash Bros, Super Smash Bros Melee, and Super Smash Bros Brawl?
Yup, you got that correct.

Wolf

Quote from: Dekkadeci on March 21, 2019, 06:54:05 AMYup, you got that correct.
Then what's all the Smash 4 musics on your list?

SlowPokemon

Do a top ten Smash characters!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

all 10 of them would be wolf
unmotivated

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Wolf on March 21, 2019, 05:55:57 PMThen what's all the Smash 4 musics on your list?
Brawl has some great remixes (the "Theme of Samus Aran, Space Warrior" was close to making my remix list, and I also love a good rendition of Ridley's theme), but I don't remember its raw-rips anywhere near as distinctly. The only other non-Smash-Bros.-original music I remember from playing Brawl was the "Opening/Menu (Metroid Prime)" theme (which includes nearly all of that game's credits theme in practically unmodified form).

I've spent quite a lot of time bouncing around the Smash Bros. 4 OST on collation sites and YouTube searching for good music, and I got introduced to some great music that way (my already mentioned "Mechanical Rhythm" and "You Will Know Our Names") as well as getting some of my Smash Bros. 4 OST predictions correct (the final boss/Dark Star Core theme from Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, "Jergingha: Planet Destruction Form" from The Wonderful 101).

Wolf

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 21, 2019, 07:29:17 PMDo a top ten Smash characters!
Good call. And no, I don't think Wolf would be on the list. There are much more better fighters than him(for my opinion)

Wolf

Actually, if the subject is Top 10 FAVORITE Smash Fighters then well I have to admit Wolf is my no. 1

And that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

Wolfz Top 10 Smash Bros Fighters!!!

NOTE: This is Super Smash Bros. Ultimate standards

10. Marth/Lucina/Roy/Chrom

Although these 4 fighters are technically different(except Marth and Lucina), all 4 of these fighters have the same side special called Dancing Blade. And for whatever reason I find this move very fun and addicting. It just feels so good to hit an enemy multiple times. Other than that, they're fast and has a long range or attacks thanks to their swords.

9. Ike

Sure he's slow and his attacks(especially his smash attacks) are delayed, but all that shit are covered by his overly powerful damage. One thing I like best with Ike is his edge guarding. I can just stay on the edge and charge my side smash and it makes the opponent hard to get back. And once the opponent figures out how to dodge this edge guarding you can just charge a down smash and do a counter attack. Also, his long sword makes his attack range long like the other Fire Emblem fighters.

8. Falco

If it was Brawl, Falco would have been my no. 2. Because in ultimate, he sure did get weaker. His jump ability got buffed, but for me it makes it harder to air attack. It might come in handy when you're doing off stage battles but the fighters I usually play are the ones that can't do off stage battles so it's nothing for me. But still Falco has average speed and average damage. Although to this day I still wish he'd stop kicking his Reflector.

7. Corrin

If you're in NSM Discord server, you all know how much I hate this guy. I've got my ass kicked by a ton of 9.LV Corrins and still to this day if I ever see one I get a mental trauma. But if you hate something you might as well do it. Since I've seen the potential of a good Corrin I know how good he is if you're good at him. And after playing for a while, I started to get good. And eventually became good enough to be on this top 10 list. Just all the combos you can do with him is the biggest charm I got. And his abilities are Dragon related, and I like dragons. :)

6. Simon/Richter

Ever since Brawl came out I thought about future fighters that might make it into the roster. And one of them was Simon. So when I saw the trailer I was like "Oh my fucking god!!! I'm like a prophet or something!!!" Seriously though, whipping for main attacks, axes, Boomerangs, holy water, knives for special moves, it's just perfect for a Smash Bros fighter. And as a Castlevania fan I was just soooooo excited. And when I played him, I was impressed with the long ranged attacks. Also, his down tilt attack is the slide and kick move that appeared in I think Dracula X and that's just so cool.

5. Ridley

I'm not a Metroid fan and when I heard a lot of people requesting Ridley as a playable fighter, I laughed at them. Because honestly, back then I thought Ridley was fine as a boss, not a fighter. Besides "Ridley is too big for Smash." But if by some fucking miracle they'd make Ridley as a fighter, I would be curious to try him. And that became a yes. When I saw his trailer, it was unexpected. I thought the direct was over and that shit came out! At first I was like "What's this shit?" But after seeing Samus and the dark atmosphere I realized it was going to be Ridley. And when he appeared, my mouth was wide open for like 10 minutes. Nintendo did a really good job with the size adjusting and all of his moves feels like I'm playing a mini sized boss. And not to mention his bad ass taunt.

4. King K. Rool

Another huge request people wanted. And with Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, It's time they had a new DK fighter that's NOT initial's DK. All I can say with King K. Rool is: He's fun to use. His neutral special is more fun than Kirby's neutral special, he has an excellent recovery for a big fighter, and his overall fighting style matches his characteristics.

3. Fox

When I played Fox in Brawl, he sure is fast but has weak damage. And that's the one thing I didn't like about him. But for some reason his overall damage got buffed. So now he's a fast and strong fighter. I actually played him so much that it took me a while to get used to Wolf's slow movement speed.

2. Incineroar

The last fighter to be announced(excluding DLC). Some people were expecting him as a newcomer but honestly it was unexpected for me. Besides I don't know much about Pokémon and I never heard of Incineroar. But after seeing his moves I kinda got attached with the wrestling move sets, not to mention his final smash. And Incineroar eventually became my no.2 fighter.

1. Wolf

Do I need an explanation for this? Wolf is like my kindred soul mate. If this game didn't have Wolf then I wouldn't have enjoyed this game as much as I do now. When I saw his return I was at my school looking at my phone and I almost shouted "FUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" in front of the whole class. Anyway, if you're wondering why I like Wolf so much is because... Well there are a few reasons. 1: Wolf was my first main in Brawl. Before I got him unlocked I used Fox and Falco but as soon as I got Wolf, I just played him straight until I realized I mastered him. 2: His characteristics in Star Fox games(mostly the Star Fox Assault one) is my type. 3: I like dogs(well I might as well come clean with this fact: I'm a furry).

As always, let me know what your top 10 smash fighters are!

Wolf

Like with my game reviews, I would like suggestions for top 10's.(thanks for the 2nd suggestion Slowpokemon)

Wolf

Wolfz top 10 Super Smash Bros Stages!!!

10. Spear Pillar

I'm not a fan of Pokèmon, and don't know much about them. But I sure heard of Dialga/Palkia. And this stage has either one of them appearing on the background. And not just for show, but they both have stage hazards too. And other Pokèmons can show up as well. Although I think this stage sucks when playing competitively(it's banned in tournaments), but it's a cool stage too play with friends.

9. Shadow Moses Island

Only one reason I like this stage: Snakes codecs. Thise are fun to hear and when I played Brawl, I'd do this everytime I'm bored. But one thing that breaks all the joy: Smash Ultimate didn't add more codecs. At first I didn't realize what the fuck was going on when I tried Incineroar until I looked it up on the Internet. Oh but Palutena's Temple got updates. You wanna know why??? Because Kid Icarus Uprising was directed by Sakurai, another Sakurai daddy buff. Anything Sakurai touched gets a shit ton of things while stuff like Star Fox gets nothing. I'd love that man but he makes some selfish decisions.

8. Port Town Aero Dive

The background has some serious race going on! And fighting on this stage while listening to Mute City gives you the mood of being inside a F-Zero game. Not to mention the giant R.O.B statue on the background.

7. New Donk City Hall

With all the Super Mario Odyssey hype and the Jump up! Superstar! Pushing both the stage and the music were almost confirmed to be added. My only wish was if they added Break Through(Lead the Way) and Steam Gardens too and that came true! This stage is mainly a big tour around the New Donk City tower and as a person who beat SMO it's fun to look at!

6. Corneria

For a stage that was seen in EVERY Smash Bros game(Sector Z counts as this stage), it feels like a simple stage for me. But the design is unique, and it's just cool to see fighters fighting on top of the Hreat Fox. Pretty much if anyone fights on top of any vehicle it looks cool. And this stage has smash taunts so checking out those are again... cool.

5. Dracula's Castle

Of course when Simon and Richter were introduced a Castlevania stage was also guaranteed to be made. And a well made stage. It looks just like Dracula's Castle, and you can see other cameos like Carmilla, the fucking Medusa head, and the Werewolf from Rondo of blood. And if you look closely, the Werewolf does his bouncing on walls attack straight from the game. BTW I always thought that was silly for a Werewolf to bounce around on walls. Kinda like a pinball machine or something... It's fucking Werewolf Pinball!!!

4. Lylat Cruise

As with Corneria, it's just cool to fight in outer space. And the platforms are shaped like Battlefield so a lot people like this stage too. And some parts of this stage are references to Star Fox Assault like the battle of the Oikonny rebellion on Fourtuna. And this stage has smash taunts like Corneria did but it's even more detailed.

3. Bridge of Eldin

2 reasons why I like this stage: 1. Its a flat stage. 2. You could do crazy shit with the cracked prt of the bridge back in Brawl. If you read my Game Glitches part 2 review, I introduced this glitch. But other than Jigglypuff, you can do more things with other fighters. With R.O.B, you can make his laser beams infinite and also infinite invincibility. Even the smallest framed final smashes can be done like Fox's Landmaster. If you time it just right, you can make Fox glow. If you do it with Metaknight, you can make him freeze. It's hours of fun!!!

2. Orbital Gate Assault

The stage I dreamed to see in Smash Ultimate but "ultimately" rejected. Damn I was so impressed with the tiniest details they added to this stage. As the name implies, it takes place on the battle with the Aparoids in Star Fox Assault level 8. And as a person who played Star Fox Assault and loved it it was just a stage made directly for me! And after that I was hoping to see it in Smash Ultimate. And since Wolf was back I was expecting some more smash taunts too(I forgot to mention this stage has smash taunts too). But NOPE! Didn't happen man. And like I already said in my SSBU review, this stage alone took a year to make. So transferring to the Switch could have been a time eater. If that's the case then I can understand. But if you can how bout make Krystal or Panther as a DLC fighter and have this stage as their DLC package.

1. Final Destination

When I play competitively, the stage I use the most is Final Destination. Because it's just a plain flat platform with mediocre size. Usually in tournaments it's either this or Battlefield. But those 3 platforms on the top bother me with my style of gaming. I know some people prefer this stage because they can land combos but unless I master Luigi's 0 death combo or something it aint gonna happen to me.

And there goes my top 10 Smash Bros Stages! Tell me yours and tell me what I should do next!