TWG Suggestions, Comments, and Discussion

Started by Nakah, July 29, 2008, 07:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on October 21, 2012, 07:17:08 AMI disagree. First of all, it's not fun to host knowing that you're missing a game. And second of all, I don't like playing in two games at a time. Too much mayhem going on.
...the games could "blend into each other," potentially causing trouble...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

If I was to post a game in this thread that I would like to host would you guys help me with finishing touches and balancing and stuff? Are you allowed to post mafia sort of games? Like a mafia werewolf thing?

FSM-Reapr

We'll help you in anything!

Also, what is this Mafia you speak of?

vermilionvermin

Mafia games are very similar to The Werewolf Game, and usually have pretty much the same roles, just with different games.  We usually do not allow people to host a game on NSM until they've played three games here just so they can get used to some of the differences between NSM and other sites, but you can still post a game here!

Toby

I don't know it's just that all you guys do things like

1. Wolf
2. Wolf
3. Human
4. Human
5. Human

so on so on

Thats werewolf games right? Can you do hidden roles and stuff? Or have everyone with a power role..? I don't know

spitllama

Look at ANY other game besides "Lynch 'Em All!" and you'll see the games are not all that simple.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FSM-Reapr

Toby

Right well this is a game I posted on my other website, it's pretty unique and can only be used on that site for obvious reasons. I didn't get any votes so I want to try improve it, help? :D

I'm You and You're Him
The roles:
Cult:
Caitlino- The loving person who just wants to make loads of friends! Each night he jumps out to his favourite people and makes them join his group, but sometimes he jumps out on bad people but still convinces them to join his group, however these people end up running off back to their old group and also killing one from Caitlino's group!
Cheezybite- Caitlino's  trusty friend, the backup for Cait. Knows Cait. Can kill one person per night. If Cait dies he loses his vigi power.
People the cult can recruit:
Maraoone
Transfordete
Housefly
Gayali
Squeeval
Thegameres
Pompomball
Iisbored
Bad people the cult can recruit:
Icanhasdonut
Sabriena

Mafia:
Polygone- leader, JoAT, first possible death he survives. Can choose one of the following actions each night:
      -Kill a player x2
      -Bodyguard a player x99
                    -Revive a player x1
Can choose one of the following actions each day:           
                    -Bodyguard a player x99
                    -Remove 2 votes from a player x2
Icanhasdonut- follower of Polygone. If Poly dies then Ican will die too. Shows as green if seered. All actions put on Poly will redirect to Ican.
Iisbored- Treestump, no actions, vote counts as 0.
*Wolfs also have an extra kill even Polygone participates in this*
Town:
Gzgregory- leader, survives a death twice. Can either find out one of his team mates, or he can kill someone.
Maraoone- Loves people so much he just has to take them home with him! Protects a player but also keeps them from using an ability. Sometimes he takes people in and ends up not liking them, so he kills them... hehehehehe. If Mara targets someone from a different group twice then the second person from a different group that Mara targeted will be killed.
Pompomball- Can send an anonymous message to someone telling them who to target, this person can also perform their action twice, isn't Pom so helpful!?

Teddyhelper- A little person who just wants to help out! During the night she follows people home and from this she finds out their team. Teddy is a seer.
Cheerydog- a traitor type, during the game is a VT until night 5, if still living will join the mafia and receive a 1 shot vigi kill.

*Any other names are town Vt's*

The other guy:
Wrpbeater- Likes to go solo. Wrp is a super strong person that can hold off only one battle! He kills a player every night and blocks the ability of the other! He's very quick so every ability used on him has a 50% chance of working! Wrp's a cunning character, so beware of him!

Well the basic idea is that a group of people are walking around when out of nowhere bolts of lightening come from the sky and strike them all. They all swap bodies and run off, some try get together because things have to be sorted out, but people have turned to evil, others turned good, and others just want to have loads of friends and make a nice big group!

This game is closed communication. Unless otherwise stated in your role (that means only the town can't speak to each other)
Roles are NOT revealed upon death.
If you die you are allowed a death post, please do not reveal any information if you are dead.
Day and night phases last 2 days, they will end at 9:00pm GMT+1.
Speed lynches are in this game.
There will be a people who have voted count, and not a vote count due to some roles.
The host knows everything. If the host is wrong, refer back to the first sentence on this rule.
Have fun!

FSM-Reapr

Toby

Wait, there's 11 roles mensioned, would 9-14 VT's be too many? Also the names mensioned are the players that will probably play the game and have a distinct personality, I should mension Gz runs the games. That's why he's leader.

Also how about I let the cult only recruit VT's and make the bad people to recruit Iisbored, the treestump and 2 other VT's? I just noticed how many VT's there would be .-.

Greg

Wee, honestly, I don't think anyone here understands all of your acronyms. XD

Mashi

To be honest, your game display is very ambiguous and disorganised.  I tried to organise it myself, but even that's too difficult to do.

Rather than listing every Role that Cult can cult, why not just list the 3 people they can cult?  Caitlino's culting power on 'bad people' is ambiguous (it doesn't specify a time for when the culted Player will betray the Cult, nor how the killed Player is chosen, for example).  It's too cumbersome to even know how many Players are required for the game, it's unclear which Players are Mafia and which Players are Town, Roles such as Sabriena aren't defined (is she a Traitor?), Villagers aren't listed, seering colours aren't identified, etc.

Also, I don't quite understand the closed communication; none of the Roles you've listed specify being able to speak.  And if only Power Roles are able to post in the thread, determining the side of Players becomes immensely easy based on who's capable of posting in the thread.

With my dislike of conversion games aside, I'm not even sure if proper procedure for balancing was taken into account.  I feel that a bunch of interesting powers were simply put together in the creation of the game.  We'll go to balancing when the game is better organised in its display, however.

Greg

Closed communication means no PMs or private communication. I don't think we've ever done that sort of thing here before, though.

Bird

The Boy Who Cried Wolf:

I think people will be much more likely to provide criticism and comment on your game if it's easier to read. I don't even know how many players can play it!
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Toby