News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

TWG Suggestions, Comments, and Discussion

Started by Nakah, July 29, 2008, 07:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

HOW DID I GUESS
Also I have a Zelda Majoras Mask themed manhunt so is it okay if I can get the legal rights off you?

FSM-Reapr

First I need to see the game. I have a special gimmick to mine.

Yugi

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on October 22, 2012, 04:17:21 PMFirst I need to see the game. I have a special gimmick to mine.
LET ME GUESS THE BULLET SYSTEM!?

FSM-Reapr

lol nope.

hint: It has something to do with the Song of Time. :o

Yugi

vermilionvermin

FSM, I really like the game idea, the only problem I see with it is that it'll be really difficult to coordinate all 12 players' schedules and your own so that people can catch the Pokemon at the start of the game.

FSM-Reapr

That's why I will find out the time and if it's okay to everyone I'll start the game. If someone still is missing, no worries. Those who still miss the challenge, will still get 6 Pokemon that will not be any weaker than the others'. This is a pressure strategy game. Also I will add a trading option in the game.

Mashi

FSM, whether your game is balanced depends on the Pokemon that will be distributed.  And, not to detract from your efforts, I don't really like the gimmick of catching a Pokemon in a framed set of time, since it becomes unfair for Players that aren't able to come online in time.

I would recommend randomly distributing Pokemon to different Players (so an Item Game, in that sense).  You could also announce a short list of Pokemon every Day/Night Phase and have Players try to capture them during the entirety of the Phase (in which the rules followed are the same as what you've stated), since it removes the unfairness of placing Players on a time limit.  I don't think that Players should be capable of using 6 powers at once, anyhow, so this change is probably best, if you want to keep your mechanic.

Zunawe

I tried to organize these games as best I could and convert them to roles and such we could understand easily. Yes, I did edit a few of the roles, but all I believe I did was elaborate to make it clear or delete unnecessary comments. I just had to do something so I could understand it.

I'm You and You're Him

Cult:
Caitlino (Wolf Converter) - The loving person who just wants to make loads of friends! Each night he jumps out to his favourite people and makes them join his group.
Cheezybite (Wolf Vigi) - Caitlino's  trusty friend, the backup for Cait. Knows Cait. Can kill one person per night. If Cait dies he loses his vigi power.

Humans:
Icanhasdonut (Brutal) - X nights after being converted, will rejoin human team and kill a cultist along the way.
Sabriena (Brutal) - (Same as Icanhasdonut)
Maraoone
Transfordete
Housefly
Gayali
Squeeval
Thegameres
Pompomball
Iisbored

This game really needs fixing, because there's no way for the wolves to win that's specified. I guess it could be that the wolves convert everybody, but that doesn't work because of the special roles.

Title Here!!

Wolves:
Polygone (Master Wolf) - Can survive a single lynching/wolfing/vigi. Can choose one of the following actions each night:
      - Vigi (2 uses)
      - Guard (Unlimited uses)
      - Revive (Single Use)
Can choose one of the following actions each day:           
     - Guard (Unlimited uses)
     - Remove 2 votes from a player (Two uses)
Icanhasdonut (Personal Punching Bag?) - If Poly dies then Ican will die too. All actions put on Poly will redirect to Ican.
Iisbored - Lynching vote counts as 0.
*Wolfings still occur normally*

Humans:
Gzgregory (Seer/Vigi) - Can survive two lynchings/wolfings/vigis. Must choose between seering or vigi'ing.
Maraoone (Guardian/Role-Blocker) - If he guards two wolves in a row, the second wolf is killed.
Pompomball (Useless Message Sender [I don't see the point]) - Sends anonymous message via host to any two players by name telling them who should be targeted.
Teddyhelper (Seer) - A little person who just wants to help out! During the night she follows people home and from this she finds out their team.

Specials:
Wrpbeater (Independent) - Likes to go solo. Wrp is a super strong person that can hold off only one battle! He kills a player every night and blocks the ability of another! He's very quick so every ability used on him only has a 50% chance of working!
Cheerydog (Traitor/Vigi) - During the game is a human until night 5, if still living will join the wolves and receive vigi power. Power not activated until team change.

Well the basic idea is that a group of people are walking around when out of nowhere bolts of lightening come from the sky and strike them all. They all swap bodies and run off, some try get together because things have to be sorted out, but people have turned to evil, others turned good, and others just want to have loads of friends and make a nice big group!

All phases will end at 9:00pm GMT+1.

The closed communication will render multiple roles ineffective, so it's basically useless. Some of the other things weren't needed either.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

FSM-Reapr

First of all, is it Pokemon, or Pokemons?

Don't worry, the Pokemon has been balanced(trust me, thinking powers for 72 Pokemon was hell).
Imo the Ninja Challenge idea is good. The Pokemon are balanced, also, it's not smart to get just one type of Pokemon because you can be a wolf or a human. Also, there are like 1-2 seering and guarding Pokemon that are limited in a way no one will imagine.

Zunawe

Pokemon is singular and plural.

What if all pokemon were listed at once, and each player voted for the pokemon they wanted with the ball they wanted. All votes would be anonymous, and if there's a tie between players, one is randomly chosen. Unwanted pokemon would then be distributed randomly.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Kman96

Party Hard!
[close]

EFitTrainr

I like food.

Zunawe

I saw that, which is surprising because I don't watch a lot of Doctor Who extra things.

I program things

Mashi

FSM-Reapr, it's common procedure for TWC (+Bird!) to review games, even if the game creator believes it's balanced, because he/she may have overlooked things.

And the Ninja idea is unfair, as vermilionvermin and I have stated, so it's not a good idea in that sense.