News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

TWG Suggestions, Comments, and Discussion

Started by Nakah, July 29, 2008, 07:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

askalice23

ok ok ok, i have the ebst idea ever..... a host who ends the phases on time :O

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Quote from: askalice23 on September 11, 2010, 09:10:25 AMok ok ok, i have the ebst idea ever..... a host who ends the phases on time :O

I second that!

Mashi

Name:   SuperFireKirby
Position:   Nintendo Nocturne
Date Registered:   July 13, 2008, 06:35:11 PM
Last Active:   September 08, 2010, 09:29:01 PM

Don't criticize yet.  He may be having some sort of problem in real life, or may not be able to get on.  He obviously hasn't been doing much here, so I think it's safe to say something was brought up and it was important enough that he had to forget about the game.

Of course, I may be wrong, but that doesn't mean you should be bandwagoning him with little evidence! (Hehe, TWG puns)

askalice23

but he most likely knew something was going down the 8th and could have warned us.... and if its something stupid like school... well that would be ridiculous cause we all have to deal with stuff like that and find a way on.

DrP

he has been complaining a lot about schoolwork and what not, so maybe he wants to churn everything out

IF YOU KNOW SFK IRL, someone please find out what's going on!

Mashi

I made this for you guys for next sign ups.  Yaaaay.

Hosting Policy:

Experience-
A player must have played an ample amount of games.  I would suggest around 5-10.
A player must have been somewhat active in said games.

Skill-
In order to Host, a player must prove to be at least 'mid-tier' level.  Whether low or high.
This means:
An understanding of TWG fundamentals.
An understanding of TWG terminology.
An honorable mention, or showing constant skilled play.
To be able to constructively criticize and analyze players during the Post Game.
Sportsmanship; winning requires team work, one can rarely ever blame another player for losing, chances are it's probably partially one's own fault.

Time-
If one is to Host, they must have ample time to actually do so.  Unexpected circumstances are of course understandable, but anything otherwise is not.
When hosting, the Host should be informed about how long hosting will take.  Hosting is a time consuming process, it's longer than may be expected.
A Host must be able to prepare a Post Game of some sort.  This means keeping an eye on the game and some sort of time for thinking about the Players of the game.  This includes deciding MVP and player analysis at the least.

Dedication-
A Host must be determined to Host a game.  Just hosting just to host a game isn't all a Host should want.  They must want to be motivated to help improve players and have another view of TWG.

Other-
Games must be accepted to be hosted by the super secret TWC Members (Well, them or someone experienced).  Yeah, I bet you weren't even aware of it's existence.  Well, I may or may not have been doing some super snooping as well as a secret TWG in a hidden board and won and it was awesome.  Aside from that though.
You must be at least five feet tall to host.

That is all.

DrP

Well, I pass that final stipulation with flying colors!!!

Well, I may not be the best, but I would be dedicated to hosting. It isn't all about having the power, it is using it to bring others up a level (with experience, not rare candies). Once I am back in school and I HAVE TIME, and since my brain will be sharper, I will be on the top of my game!

ALSO, has anyone seen Person A, he/she fowarded me his/her role PM... hahaha (this is a joke, and doesn't pertain to anything... just in light of the previous circumstances).... Nik out!

askalice23

So when you host youll send me pms of other peoples roles right xD

haha jk

DrP

of course... haha.

I seriously think that this game I have made is the winning ticket!

Jub3r7

My fail application? NOTE THE QUOTE at the bottom.
Experience-
A player must have played an ample amount of games.  I would suggest around 5-10. Not yet.
A player must have been somewhat active in said games. So far....

Skill-
In order to Host, a player must prove to be at least 'mid-tier' level.  Whether low or high. Low?
This means:
An understanding of TWG fundamentals. Check.
An understanding of TWG terminology. Check.
An honorable mention, or showing constant skilled play. Neither conditions are met....
To be able to constructively criticize and analyze players during the Post Game. Does this in LA all the time.
Sportsmanship; winning requires team work, one can rarely ever blame another player for losing, chances are it's probably partially one's own fault. I usually put the blame on myself all the time....

Time-
If one is to Host, they must have ample time to actually do so.  Unexpected circumstances are of course understandable, but anything otherwise is not. I can get on every day from 3:00 to 4:00 EST.
When hosting, the Host should be informed about how long hosting will take.  Hosting is a time consuming process, it's longer than may be expected. Every day for a month, more or less.
A Host must be able to prepare a Post Game of some sort.  This means keeping an eye on the game and some sort of time for thinking about the Players of the game.  This includes deciding MVP and player analysis at the least. MVP voting system, anyone? Would it be okay if I let the players vote on that?

Dedication-
A Host must be determined to Host a game.  Just hosting just to host a game isn't all a Host should want.  They must want to be motivated to help improve players and have another view of TWG. Motivation (Check). Helping players. (Need more experience to do that.) and lastly, TWG perspective. For me, it's mostly about the perspective....

Other-
Games must be accepted to be hosted by the super secret TWC Members (Well, them or someone experienced).  Yeah, I bet you weren't even aware of it's existence.  Well, I may or may not have been doing some super snooping as well as a secret TWG in a hidden board and won and it was awesome.  Aside from that though. They probably won't like me....
You must be at least five feet tall to host. 5'8

QuoteNot yet.
I need more experience.
To get more experience, I need more games in.
To get more games in, I have to finish TWG X.
To finish TWG X, SFK should end the night phase.
For SFK to finish the night phase, schools need to give less work.
For schools to give less work, I would need to work harder....
So in the end, it's my fault....
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

askalice23

haha the secret TWC... i think it oly has 3 members

Mashi

ASKALICE23, YOU'RE RUINING IT FOR THE OTHERS.

Guys, don't ask alice (Hahaha, Mashi you're so clever) anything about this stuff ok????

Jub3r7

Haha, I think I know 2 out three members now.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

DrP

Well, the TWC doesnt exist here... its a LLC thing