News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Changing a rhythm in Finale

Started by Code_Name_Geek, May 09, 2019, 11:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Code_Name_Geek

Title says all... :P

Here's the rhythm I have:
Dotted 8th note + 16th note

Here's the rhythm I want:
8th note + 16th rest + 16th note

So essentially, I want to replace the dot with a 16th rest. Is there an easy way to do it without re-inputting it? This rhythm is all over my arrangement; I don't mind changing each instance individually but I don't want to have to input all the notes again. I've tried changing the note duration a few different ways but it keeps putting the 16th rest after the 16th note when I want it before. (And I also don't know how to move the 16th note over by a 1/4 of a beat...)

Any help is appreciated!

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on May 09, 2019, 11:24:42 AMIs there an easy way to do it without re-inputting it?
No

Well, the easiest way to do it is to go to quick entry mode (pressing enter when you have a note selected), then moving the note to the correct note (pressing up or down on the arrow keys), then changing the note to the correct rhythm (in your case, you put an eighth note), pressing enter, switching to the next correct note/rest and repeat. Hopefully that helps despite being literally text lol.

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 09, 2019, 03:14:03 PMNo

Well, the easiest way to do it is to go to quick entry mode (pressing enter when you have a note selected), then moving the note to the correct note (pressing up or down on the arrow keys), then changing the note to the correct rhythm (in your case, you put an eighth note), pressing enter, switching to the next correct note/rest and repeat. Hopefully that helps despite being literally text lol.
I assumed I was just missing some super simple way but I guess it's not as simple as I thought! I ended up editing the original document in Musescore (in which the same task is as simple as clicking the note you want to change and pressing a single key) and exporting a new XML, which I used to copy/paste the new rhythms to the Finale file in order to keep the rest of the formatting that had already been fixed. Thanks anyways for the help, I'm going to have to figure Finale out someday!