TWG CXIII: Screw Strategy, We Have Money!

Started by davy, July 08, 2019, 10:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Most suspicious at the top, least suspicious at the bottom.

WOLF ALARM
1. MadDemon: Of all the people who posted Night 1, he posted the least. The most likely candidate for an inactive wolf scenario who couldn't get online enough to discuss with his partner who to wolf.
2. Hoggers: The way Hoggers has been acting is very bizarre, the not the least of which is his Shy vote last Day and strange explanation surrounding it. If he's a human, he's like Mikey and being what I like to call a "wildcard" (someone who acts completely nonsensical regardless of their role) but I'd rather not discard my suspicion of him based on that.

SUS SAUCE
3. mikey: Was originally below FG, but now above because of recent events. He's always a wildcard, and that alone is no reason to suspect him, but he's definitely been fishing for claims, and making a noob mistake like not specifying which night he was referring to seems bizarre unless it was intentional.
4. Funnygurl555: She's been suspicious ever since "the slip," and she really hasn't done anything to convince me otherwise, especially after her weird, seeming out-of-game-motivated push on Mikey last day.

LESS SUSPICIOUS
5. ShyYoshiGuy: Has shown genuine intent and improvement from previous games, even if I don't believe he's always on the mark.
6. E. Gadd Industries: Just got hit twice. Not a smart move to make yourself so vulnerable by taking two shots as a wolf. Not only that, it's clear why he got hit too: he's been super helpful and good at analysis.

PROBABLY NOT WOLF
7. EveningSun720: Uncounterclaimed. Either the real Banker is playing it safe and doesn't want to die, or they're the real deal. If you ignore the claim they're pretty neutral.

Mikey x MadDemon is less likely unless they're doing some crazy distancing tactic, though could be possible. I could see MadDemon x Hoggers or MadDemon x Funnygurl. I do like how MadDemon called out Mikey today, although I still can't get the idea of the inactive wolf out of my head. Mikey x Hoggers is a possibility, although I don't know how likely they would be to vote Shy together last phase. Hoggers x Funny is a possibility, though less likely.

This took me like 5 hours to do lol

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MadDemon

the entire inactivity argument is bs

i made a post, which signified i was on, and i could shoot someone regardless of contact or not

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MadDemon on July 13, 2019, 09:56:11 PMthe entire inactivity argument is bs

i made a post, which signified i was on, and i could shoot someone regardless of contact or not
wolf partners usually like to discuss with each other before they shoot

especially in a game like this where they need to coordinate their kills

and honestly it's not surprising that you could just get on, post once, and forget about the rest of the phase

If you have any suggestions who would make a better inactive wolf, please feel free to make suggestions.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MadDemon

what if
just think about this for a sec
there isnt an inactive wolf

BlackDragonSlayer

If that's your best response to being suspected, that's a pretty poor one.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MadDemon

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 13, 2019, 10:32:35 PMIf that's your best response to being suspected, that's a pretty poor one.
listen man idfk
i just know im not the wolf, and the only other relatively inactive dude was eveningsun, who is almost a confirmed pr
thats the only thought that comes to mind

MadDemon

MadDemon

anyone could be it, especially since i believe everyone made atleast one post

in my case, you say:
"wolf partners usually like to discuss with each other before they shoot

especially in a game like this where they need to coordinate their kills"

taking a shot is still better than nothing

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MadDemon on July 13, 2019, 10:56:26 PMlisten man idfk
i just know im not the wolf, and the only other relatively inactive dude was eveningsun, who is almost a confirmed pr
thats the only thought that comes to mind
I'm not that convinced, and I'm not that convinced of other reasons why the wolves might forgo a kill.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MadDemon

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 13, 2019, 11:09:47 PMI'm not that convinced, and I'm not that convinced of other reasons why the wolves might forgo a kill.
not convinced of eveningsun being a pr?

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: MadDemon on July 13, 2019, 10:31:12 PMwhat if
just think about this for a sec
there isnt an inactive wolf
I thought this over, and there might be some validity here. If mikey is a wolf, I could see him trying to pull some crazy weird tactic that involves having him or a partner not vote in order to throw suspicion onto a less active person. Sure, it might not be a smart strategy, but if MadDemon is town, then it seems to be working well on BDS.

Also to note, based on what's happened up to now (although I haven't read the Discord since around 14 hours ago), my suspicions have shifted a little bit. I'll think them over, finalize them, and then post my thoughts on the game as a whole tomorrow.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

EveningSun720

I'm down to Lynch MafiaDemon today.

Then if Elijah shoots, hopefully the wolf, game over or 1 more.
If Elijah doesn't shoot anything, then he is the wolf based on money and his claim of buying gun.

Everyone good with this?

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: EveningSun720 on July 14, 2019, 02:17:00 AMI'm down to Lynch MafiaDemon today.

Then if Elijah shoots, hopefully the wolf, game over or 1 more.
If Elijah doesn't shoot anything, then he is the wolf based on money and his claim of buying gun.

Everyone good with this?

Elijah being hoggers?
"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

mikey

Yes I think the game is just bds&syg
If one of you two are a pr you should claim because I will be sinking as many shots into these slots as possible and anyone who thinks I'm town ought to do the same

shyyoshiguy
unmotivated