News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

[SNES] ActRaiser - "Birth of the People" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, September 23, 2019, 08:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: ActRaiser
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Birth of the People
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

There's not really much I have to say about this one, except three things:

- I need someone to make sure I made the best judgement possible about the chords in the last section
- does the last measure work?
- can I disable the built-in ritardando on the fermata articulation? There's no tempo change up to it and I'd like my playback to match that
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Just taking a peek right now, but I'd strongly recommend using 6-measure systems. It's very spread out right now and I think the pace that this piece moves is more suited to a more compact layout. (It also fits perfectly on one page!)

You cannot view this attachment.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on September 24, 2019, 04:01:40 PMJust taking a peek right now, but I'd strongly recommend using 6-measure systems. It's very spread out right now and I think the pace that this piece moves is more suited to a more compact layout. (It also fits perfectly on one page!)

Sure, I can do that. It looks nicer that way, thank you; files updated.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Biggest observation I have about this one is the disappearance of the main melody in m. 15-21. There's nothing wrong with what you wrote, but is the top melody not possible to include or prioritize?

Small suggestion: moving the F to the LH in m. 4/8 because it's already in range of what the LH is playing.

Quote from: LeviR.star on September 23, 2019, 08:40:13 PM- I need someone to make sure I made the best judgement possible about the chords in the last section
- does the last measure work?
It all looks good to me!

Quote from: LeviR.star on September 23, 2019, 08:40:13 PM- can I disable the built-in ritardando on the fermata articulation? There's no tempo change up to it and I'd like my playback to match that
Don't think I've done that before. Maybe try creating a new articulation with the fermata symbol and see if the playback is the same?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: LeviR.star on September 23, 2019, 08:40:13 PM- can I disable the built-in ritardando on the fermata articulation? There's no tempo change up to it and I'd like my playback to match that
Quote from: Latios212 on September 26, 2019, 05:13:08 PMDon't think I've done that before. Maybe try creating a new articulation with the fermata symbol and see if the playback is the same?

It's a setting under Human Playback. MIDI/Audio > Human Playback > Human Playback Preferences... > Tempo Variations > Uncheck "Ritardando Before Fermatas"

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on September 26, 2019, 05:13:08 PM- Biggest observation I have about this one is the disappearance of the main melody in m. 15-21. There's nothing wrong with what you wrote, but is the top melody not possible to include or prioritize?
- Small suggestion: moving the F to the LH in m. 4/8 because it's already in range of what the LH is playing.

- the main melody felt like it was moving slower than the line below it, and it felt hard to determine if it was really the main line or not, but it's a quick fix
- gotcha, I can do that

Quote from: Static on September 26, 2019, 07:02:59 PMIt's a setting under Human Playback. MIDI/Audio > Human Playback > Human Playback Preferences... > Tempo Variations > Uncheck "Ritardando Before Fermatas"

- thanks for that! Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks, but I still feel like I hear an even slighter delay...

Files updated.

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on September 26, 2019, 05:13:08 PMBiggest observation I have about this one is the disappearance of the main melody in m. 15-21. There's nothing wrong with what you wrote, but is the top melody not possible to include or prioritize?
Quote from: LeviR.star on September 28, 2019, 05:20:55 PM- the main melody felt like it was moving slower than the line below it, and it felt hard to determine if it was really the main line or not, but it's a quick fix

What you have right now is fine, but I think something like this works quite nicely:
Spoiler
[close]
It's something to consider, anyway.

The only other thing I noticed is that I think there's a G on top of the F-C dyad at the end of bar 26.

Everything else looks great!  It's a cool piece and now I've got the melody stuck in my head.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on September 29, 2019, 02:13:14 PM- What you have right now is fine, but I think something like this works quite nicely:
Spoiler
[close]
It's something to consider, anyway.

- The only other thing I noticed is that I think there's a G on top of the F-C dyad at the end of bar 26.

- I think that's a perfect way to combine all three voices! Consider it done.
- you got it; I'll go ahead and write that in

Files updated. Thanks, Libera!

Static

Looks excellent! I don't really got much to say about this one. Approved.

Libera

Great, I think that wraps up everything for me.  Accepted!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot