Series: Animal Crossing
Game: Animal Crossing: Wild World
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Steep Hill (Aircheck)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: octolad

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

Hey, I've seen you around before I think, but here's an official welcome to NSM! Good choice of arrangement here, but we have some things to go over. By the way, when you submit something, you should include some kind of audio link so it's easier for us to find and check your sheet:

OK, some feedback for you:

• This song first appeared in Doubutsu no Mori e+, the Japanese-only sequel to Animal Crossing (Doubutsu no Mori +) on the GameCube. Its first western appearance was in Animal Crossing: Wild World. Someday, we might reorganize things, but to keep everything consistent in the Animal Crossing section on site, this should be labeled as Wild World.
  • Contrary to popular belief, Kazumi Totaka did not compose many songs for the Animal Crossing series, he's just been the sound producer. Toru Minegishi composed this particular track, as well as most K.K. songs and general indoor themes.
  • The notes are all accurate, but the biggest issue is the beaming/note grouping. You seem to choose the biggest note values possible to fill space, but in standard 4/4 time, you should always be showing where the beats are. Here's what I mean:
    Measure 4
    Beat 2 is clearly shown, as it should be.
    [close]
    Measute 5
    Notice how the ties easily show where beat 3 is in particular; this makes reading the sheet much easier, because the RH and LH parts line up rhythmically and visually.
    [close]
    There are more examples, but you should use these few to fix the rest. As a general rule, beat 3 is always shown; do not write a note that goes across beat 3 without using a tie, unless it's a half note that falls exactly on beat 2. Also, when writing 16th notes, make sure all the rhythms are written in groups of 4 16th notes; do not beam 16th notes across any beat. If you have any questions, let me know.
  • You should have a starting dynamic (p or mp would work nicely).
  • You should be able to fit this whole sheet on one page since I've done that with an arrangement I made awhile ago. It looks like you use NotePad, so I can take care of this for you later.

Generally a pretty good sheet, nice work.

Libera

octolad

Ok, so I'm pretty sure I've covered everything. However, I ran into another unrelated problem:

Back before I submitted this sheet, I ran into a problem in measure 11; I couldn't find the articulation for both an accent mark and a staccato dot combined. Eventually I managed to find it somehow, but now I can't... again. So, I opened a sheet with that specific articulation on Notepad, and I selected that note to select an articulation. I found that there were nearly 40 accents I could choose from on that sheet, and only 19 were available on mine. I had each one open simultaneously with the same exact version of Finale (2012). Do you know why this could be? I managed to resolve this problem, but not in a way that would help me for next time.

Also, I do need help fitting it all onto one page.

Here's the link

Thank you for the welcome, and thank you in advance!

Static

You don't need to worry about editing your sheets right now, since it'll likely introduce a bunch of new problems with all that constant conversion; I have some edited files here. Compared to your edits, I changed some of the note values and rests to make the rhythms even more clear, fit it all on one page and adjusted the spacing/formatting, and repositioned the dynamics and other markings to align better with the notes. I also removed the repeat sign at the beginning since it's unnecessary. If you're fine with these additional changes, feel free to edit the submission with the files I sent. If you have any questions or want further explanation also let me know.

octolad

Alright, I edited the submission with the edits you sent; thank you again for all the help!

Static

Quote from: octolad on November 20, 2019, 03:14:07 PMAlright, I edited the submission with the edits you sent; thank you again for all the help!
You're very welcome! I'm always glad to help. When I was looking this over again, I realized that while I was working on it, I messed up the rhythm in m12 and 16 accidentally (on beat 4). I've edited the files above with those fixes, and I approve.

Zeta