Game: Harvest Moon 2 GBC
Console: Game Boy Color
Title: Spring
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Code_Name_Geek

[attachment deleted by admin]

Code_Name_Geek

A few things to note about this piece:
-The track title on the linked video mislabels this as winter but it is actually the spring theme (more info in my personal arrangements thread if needed).
-I tried to find a composer for this game but it wasn't listed anywhere, not even in the end of game credits.
-I deliberately flipped some octaves in the left hand accompaniment to make it more characteristic of a ragtime piano piece.

Latios212

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on November 05, 2019, 02:11:49 PM-I tried to find a composer for this game but it wasn't listed anywhere, not even in the end of game credits.
Tsuyoshi Tanaka? Maybe this is just an educated guess based on other HM games, particularly the other GB version?

Everything looks good :P However, for the triads at the end, I would recommend moving them down an octave and splitting them between both hands (so the LH can play the bottom notes).
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Latios212 on November 09, 2019, 10:27:53 AMTsuyoshi Tanaka? Maybe this is just an educated guess based on other HM games, particularly the other GB version?

Everything looks good :P However, for the triads at the end, I would recommend moving them down an octave and splitting them between both hands (so the LH can play the bottom notes).
Sorry for the delay on this, I was trying to find out more about the composer but edits have been made!

Tsuyoshi Tanaka was my best guess as well, though I was hesitant to put the composer without being sure. At least one source I consulted doesn't credit him for Harvest Moon 2 GBC, though I'm noticing now that they don't have him credited for Harvest Moon GB either (which reuses the music from the original SNES game) so perhaps it's missing HM2 GBC as well.

Slight digression on the HMGB situation:
Spoiler
The in-game credits for HMGB also don't credit Tsuyoshi Tanaka as composer; instead they credit someone named Youjirou Okino, who isn't mentioned at all in that VGMDB link to the official soundtrack. My best guess at that is that he may have been the sound designer to adapt the SNES tracks for the Gameboy, which seems to be the conclusion drawn in this link I found as well. This would be similar to what happened between Back to Nature and it's remake/port, Friends of Mineral Town. However, this would mean that Tsuyoshi Tanaka possibly never worked directly on this game which makes it harder to conclude that he would have worked on HM2 GBC. Either that or it's a mistranslation, which Natsume was well-known for in the days when they localized these games.
[close]

Anyways, I'm thinking I may have mixed up the end-game credits for this with another game. Despite combing YouTube in both English and my very limited Japanese (as this series has always been more popular in Japan), I wasn't able to find any videos of the end-game credits. I do know one person who is currently playing this game who offered to check the credits for me if they ever finish the game, but since there's no telling if/when that will happen (or if it will even answer the question), I may just go with Tsuyoshi Tanaka for now since it's the best guess we have.

Latios212

Sounds good and looks good. Listing Tsuyoshi Tanaka as the composed based on this info sounds like the safest bet for now. Approved!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

All the notes look good and the arrangement is fine but just some visual things.

-The tempo marking and the swing indicator are both quite cramped together next to the staff; you could definitely let them have a bit more space.
-The mp in bar 15 could be placed more centred under beat 1.5 (that would also keep it away from the slur a bit).

Also I'll need to fix the articulations when you're done, but that's no problem.

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Libera on November 19, 2019, 02:02:50 PMAll the notes look good and the arrangement is fine but just some visual things.

-The tempo marking and the swing indicator are both quite cramped together next to the staff; you could definitely let them have a bit more space.
-The mp in bar 15 could be placed more centred under beat 1.5 (that would also keep it away from the slur a bit).

Also I'll need to fix the articulations when you're done, but that's no problem.
Good catches, done!

Libera

Awesome, I just fixed up the articulations and I shall now accept.  Nice stuff.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot