News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[GBA] Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones - "Comrades" by Zeila

Started by Zeta, November 16, 2019, 02:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Fire Emblem
Game: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Comrades
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Zeila

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

- https
- In m. 15 either move the rest below the whole notes or flip the stems up for layer 2 (I would recommend the latter)
- Intentional that the Bb is included in both layers in m. 19?
- I would suggest keeping the voices separated in the last few measures even when they move in parallel. The top voice in m. 24-25 for example is very distinct from the lower line that continues playing ascending staccato notes.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

Quote from: Latios212 on November 17, 2019, 09:15:47 AM- I would suggest keeping the voices separated in the last few measures even when they move in parallel. The top voice in m. 24-25 for example is very distinct from the lower line that continues playing ascending staccato notes.
I ended up moving the top notes down an octave in order to make the division clearer, and then I also flipped the slurs and added staccatos

I fixed the other stuff too, thanks!

Latios212

Sounds good. I think it may be better to flip layer 2 up in m. 23 and 25 though so the layer doesn't have to flip between m. 24-25 (D-E) and 25-26 (E-F#) but it's alright as is too.

Anyway, looks good!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Looks pretty good generally.  Just I think the top notes in bar 6 should be G then E as those seem to be the melody notes here, at least as I hear it.

Also obviously I'll fix the accidentals afterwards.

Libera

Quote from: Libera on November 20, 2019, 04:24:14 PMJust I think the top notes in bar 6 should be G then E as those seem to be the melody notes here, at least as I hear it.

Zeila asked me to make this edit for her since she's currently busy and I was going to need to edit the accidentals anyway so I've put up new files.

Quote from: Latios212 on November 20, 2019, 03:51:23 PMI think it may be better to flip layer 2 up in m. 23 and 25 though so the layer doesn't have to flip between m. 24-25 (D-E) and 25-26 (E-F#) but it's alright as is too.

Zeila didn't really have a preference on this but I personally think it's better the way it currently is, so I think I'm just going to leave this as-is if that's alright.

I shall now accept!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot