News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Food/Cooking Update

Started by Libera, January 26, 2020, 01:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rubikium

Two more sheets for the update!

[GBA] Kirby & The Amazing Mirror - "Olive Ocean"
[WiiU] New Super Mario Bros. U - "Meringue Clouds"

Things to fix?
Olive Ocean
mm. 13-14: Either silent the playback or change sound to L.H. bass drum, R.H. side stick, or similar sounds; Make both clef at the start invisible
m. 14: Add courtesy bass clef at the end of both staff
m. 22: Add courtesy key signature (without affecting playback)

Meringue Clouds
Playback: Should change to triplet swing
[close]

Latios212

Quote from: Radiak488417 on February 06, 2020, 12:26:39 AMHere's my submission:

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky: "Apple Woods"
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]
Your links aren't working for me; I think you're using your personal links instead of the ones via clicking "Share"
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Radiak488417

Latios212

No problem!

Updated the OP and Dropbox with the status of everything so far, I think. More feedback coming soon.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 02, 2020, 07:40:12 AMYou could put a repeat sign at the end of Coffee Break, since it loops back to the start at least once at every Pac-Man intermission.
Done.

Quote from: mastersuperfan on February 04, 2020, 08:10:34 PMThis sounds really good but I have to question the right hand in m7-8... Also, I think that the LH dyads might actually all be triads in m17-24—for example, I'm hearing F#'s and G's under the dyads in m17-18 (i.e. F#-B-D#, G-C-E, and G-B-E triads).
I could write it as a glissando instead, but the run fits evenly into those measures, so I'd rather keep it as-is. The thing about the triads is true, but I decided to keep it all dyads so it's easier.

Thanks for the feedback, both of you!

My final two sheets for this update:

Final Fantasy VII - Under the Rotting Pizza
Final Fantasy VIII - The Salt Flats

Zeila

I edited one of my sheets, although I'm still a little unsure about the last section

[MUL] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Link's Memories: "Silent Princess"
MID | MUS | MUSX | PDF | Original

LeviR.star

Quote from: Zeila on February 07, 2020, 03:44:48 PM[MUL] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Link's Memories: "Silent Princess"
MID | MUS | MUSX | PDF | Original

Pardon me for asking; Zelda may not be my area of expertise, but exacly what makes this sheet fitting for a Food/Cooking update?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Zeila

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 07, 2020, 03:52:03 PMPardon me for asking; Zelda may not be my area of expertise, but exacly what makes this sheet fitting for a Food/Cooking update?
I'm reaching a bit but the flower part of the name can be used in cooking recipes:

Link can cook with it to create "Sneaky" dishes or sell it for ten Rupees. Like all flowers it is classified as an "Herb" and will usually produce herb based dishes when cooked... etc.

If it's not acceptable then I'm fine with that

Latios212

that's perfectly fine haha it's a cooking ingredient

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Code_Name_Geek

This is the last arrangement from me for this project, and probably the most challenging of the three arranging-wise.

Stardew Valley - Frozen Pizza and Eggs (Shane's Theme)
[MUS] [MUSX] [PDF] [MIDI]

Libera

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on February 08, 2020, 12:32:50 PMThis is the last arrangement from me for this project, and probably the most challenging of the three arranging-wise.

Hey, same here.  I've added Fantastical Feast to the dropbox.

Latios212

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on February 07, 2020, 06:23:43 PMHere is what I worked on, Soda Jungle

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmmjhc3uozyfc5v/NSMBU%20Soda%20Jungle.musx?dl=0 .MUSX

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7gva6zhsld8tg7y/NSMBU%20Soda%20Jungle.mus?dl=0 .MUS

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3yom11zaqknyng/NSMBU%20Soda%20Jungle.mid?dl=0 .MIDI

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ya3ws3gi2n3jciv/NSMBU%20Soda%20Jungle.pdf?dl=0 .PDF

https://youtu.be/6JigVt4w0vc Original
This... needs more help than just some simple feedback. Don't mean to be rude or anything, but this would benefit from a longer discussion on things we can shape up. I'd highly recommend submitting this through normal submissions instead, or having someone like Levi help you fix it up, so that we can ensure this sheet is the best it can be!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Treat Land - Rubikium
Cool, thanks for the fixes. The remainder of my feedback:
- F should restrike under the melody in m. 18 beat 3.
- I'm not sure the grace notes on page 2 really work? They distract from the smoothness of the melody quite a bit and I don't really hear them in the original.
- m. 31 should have a C# in the right hand
- I'd suggest adding more harmonies in m. 43+ since the music is at a climax here. For m. 44 for example the middle voices plays Eb - (holds Eb) - Db and ends on a C in m. 45. Some more thickness in the chords here would help the sound.
- The notes between the staves demand some more space in between the staves. Specifically m. 6 and 49-50.
- I think the left hand pattern for m. 21 should be like the one in m. 22 (ascending to beat 3) - similar for the measures following it
- For the main left hand pattern in m. 29-42 I'd consider putting beat 1 down an octave and seeing how that sounds to you. It would bring out the deeper bass tones in the original without making the entire pattern too bassy.

Good work!

Quote from: McDucky on February 02, 2020, 02:36:29 PMDon't know why I left it like that, but I've fixed it up now.
I also removed the time signature changes in the middle because I felt it wasn't really necessary.

I have considered notating it in Db Major (based on the final chord), C Major, or Gb Major, but I think the split double signatures makes the most sense and looks the cleanest.
Okay, cool! I adjusted a few final things - double barlines at the key changes, a note flipping issue in m. 11, a clarifying courtesy accidental in m. 8 (keysig makes it look like a different note, parentheses help clarify it's the same note), moved m. 14 up a system to balance out the last couple systems, and bumped the tempo marking up slightly. Let me know if I messed up anything. Approving this one!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Greg

I've got one to throw in.

Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time - Yoob's Belly
MUSXMUSMIDPDFSource