Series: Castlevania
Game: Castlevania: Bloodlines
Console: Sega Genesis
Title: Reincarnated Soul
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

Sorry for the wait!  Checking now...

-Eb on beat 1.25 in bar 5 should be a Dn.
-In bars 4 and 5 I think that final long run (starting on beat 3.5 of bar 4) would probably be better at pitch, or at least higher than it currently is.  I get that it means that the right hand can lead directly into bar 6, but I think having a single jump there isn't so bad (whether it's two octaves or one).
-I'm not convinced about the time signature in the final two bars.  I had a bit of a think/look and this was what I came up with:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
I think the patterns, particularly the left hand ones, make much more sense when you write it out like this.
-Also, note in the above picture that I changed a lot of the accidentals because there's a lot of mixing up sharps with flats going on in the chromatic stuff.  I won't go through them here because you can see what changes I'm suggesting in the picture, but let me know if anything isn't clear.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on March 26, 2020, 06:40:35 AM-Eb on beat 1.25 in bar 5 should be a Dn.
-In bars 4 and 5 I think that final long run (starting on beat 3.5 of bar 4) would probably be better at pitch, or at least higher than it currently is.  I get that it means that the right hand can lead directly into bar 6, but I think having a single jump there isn't so bad (whether it's two octaves or one).
-I'm not convinced about the time signature in the final two bars.  I had a bit of a think/look and this was what I came up with:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
I think the patterns, particularly the left hand ones, make much more sense when you write it out like this.
-Also, note in the above picture that I changed a lot of the accidentals because there's a lot of mixing up sharps with flats going on in the chromatic stuff.  I won't go through them here because you can see what changes I'm suggesting in the picture, but let me know if anything isn't clear.

- right
- sure, on second thought I think the performer can manage jumping a 7th
- ooh, that works much better, thank you. It's good to know there's a much more proper way to notate it
- thanks for re-writing those, I was overthinking them a little too much

Fixed!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

Those edits look good, but I just remembered something that I spotted when I looked at this before but I obviously forgot to put it in my post.  I'm hearing the C restruck on beat 2.25 of bar 11 rather than the Eb.  Sorry for forgetting to put that in last time.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on March 27, 2020, 01:49:20 PMThose edits look good, but I just remembered something that I spotted when I looked at this before but I obviously forgot to put it in my post.  I'm hearing the C restruck on beat 2.25 of bar 11 rather than the Eb.  Sorry for forgetting to put that in last time.

Thanks for pointing that out! Fixed.

Libera

Awesome.  I'll fix the articulations after/just before it's accepted.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on April 03, 2020, 01:20:26 PMI'll fix the articulations after/just before it's accepted.

As long as you leave the PDF alone (it'll be fine unchanged), go ahead :)

Static

LeviR.star

I should point out that the RH triads in the beginning are expanded from the original to accommodate the bass line. Some of them are weird stretches, could I get some opinions on whether or not they work for this, or how they might be changed?

Libera

I thought that was what was going on when I looked at it originally; it looked fine to me then and still does.  I've also fixed the articulations now so unless you want more opinions then I can accept.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on April 10, 2020, 01:25:52 PMI thought that was what was going on when I looked at it originally; it looked fine to me then and still does.  I've also fixed the articulations now so unless you want more opinions then I can accept.

Works for me; go for it.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot