Console: Wii U
Title: Switch Scramble Circus
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: amc

[attachment deleted by admin]

amc

Dropped my phone in McDonald's sprite and that mf started charging

Latios212

Good sheet. Overall the left hand jumps are very big, and the song moves at a pretty brisk pace. Closing the gap by adjusting the bass by an octave, for example, would make this sheet much easier to play without sounding a whole lot different. Up to you, though.

Other stuff:
- Make sure the headers and footer are inside the page margins.
- mf in m. 2 is a bit far to the right
- The 1./2. in the ending markings are a bit far to the right in m. 6/7/15/17 - they'd be better above the beat 1 notes
- / at end of URL

Also I see that instead of using staccatos everywhere you opted to use slurs for the phrases that are played more legato. However, I think some more slurs could be used in certain places to notate how the melody is articulated. Specifically these places should be clarified:
- beats 3-3.5 of m. 15, 17, 19-21, and 23
- beats 1-1.5 of m. 26
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

amc

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

- It's fine if you don't want to write out staccatos everywhere (they would be on most of the notes if you used them), but to clarify, I would at least put an italicized expression in m2 like "staccato" or "sempre staccato."
- Regarding the 32nd notes at the end of m1, I think it would be better to turn them into grace notes because they're part of an ascending scale that starts around beat 4, but they don't really have a prominent rhythm of their own. I also think including three notes from the scale (C-D-E) sounds better than two (D-E), so I would suggest something like this:
[close]
- The first half of m11: I'm not really sure I hear that rhythm in the LH in the original. It works fine if you want to keep the bassline continuous, but if you wanted to stick more closely to the original, you could also consider something like this (it's up to you whether you want to change it or not):
[close]
- In m13 and m26, the slurs on RH beat 1.5 are virtually touching the accidental, so you could adjust the height of the slur a bit so that there's a little more space.
- There's no need to break the beam in m22 between beat 3 and 3.5.
- There are some places where you could double the melody with octaves in the RH to add emphasis, such as m24 beat 3 to m26 beat 3 and/or end of m26 to m27 (either/or works, or both, your choice), as well as m34-35.
- In m29 and m33, the upper dyad in the LH (G-Bb) also plays on beat 2.5 and is held to beat 3, just as the low Db is (see image):
[close]
- You might consider adding slurs to the D-C#-D bit in m30 and the corresponding F-D-F bit in m34.
- You could put a crescendo in m33 and a fortissimo in m34.
- In m35, I get that the two layers in the LH actually have different note durations in the original (trombone vs. tuba), but I think that trying to preserve them on piano in the same hand might be a bit unnecessarily tricky. I think it would be better to combine the notes into one layer and keep the note durations the same between the top and the bottom (quarter notes on beats 1 and 2, either a quarter note or an eighth note on beat 3, up to preference).
- I would put accents on both the RH and the LH on m35 beat 4 (the final beat).
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

amc

mastersuperfan

Looks good! Do you mind moving the mezzo forte in m8 down a bit to be centered between the staves, and the forte in m32 slightly to the right so it's not so close to the barline? Once that's done, I'll accept.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

amc

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot