Console: PC
Title: Silver Will
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Maelstrom

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

Static

Nice to see a Legend of Heroes sheet! Also this reminds me I still have to finish Sophisticated Fight
  • I would include the intro, even if it's just octave C#s in the bass. It's still part of the track.
  • m9 RH beat 2: The G#s should be G naturals.
  • m18 RH beat 3-4: The C naturals should be B#s and the Ebs should be D#s (G#7b9 chord).
  • m19-25 RH: The lower harmony sounds like it should be a 6th below the melody, not a 3rd.
  • m34 LH sounds a bit more complex than you've written it. If you intentionally simplified it there, that's fine, but I wanted to point it out anyway.
Cool sheet.

Maelstrom

yes finish sophisticated fight already
Quote from: Static on May 22, 2020, 06:43:30 PMm34 LH sounds a bit more complex than you've written it. If you intentionally simplified it there, that's fine, but I wanted to point it out anyway.
please don't give measure numbers after you add measures
yeah it was simplified to be more pianistic and playable.
While I was at it, I simplified the LH 16th runs to make the song more consistently playable.
Now there's never more than one 16th note in a row outside a few places in the melody where it's easy to reach without any crossing over.

I took the liberty of making the intro fermatas instead of two measures because that seems more in like with how someone would play it and not because 2 measures completely ruined my measure spacing

files updated

Static

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 23, 2020, 08:54:29 AMyes finish sophisticated fight alreadyplease don't give measure numbers after you add measures
Oh yeah, I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 23, 2020, 08:54:29 AMI took the liberty of making the intro fermatas instead of two measures because that seems more in like with how someone would play it and not because 2 measures completely ruined my measure spacing
Fair enough lol

Looks nice.

Latios212

Awesome! Just a few tiny things.

- m. 20 - make the first note an eighth + rest like m. 12. Also I'm hearing a C# instead of B under the G# in the second dyad
- Last bass notes of m. 34/42 and 36/44 should be lower (E# and C# respectively)
- Would be nice to move the 2,4. ending numbers left a bit.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Libera

Just popping in to say that I don't see why there are 3rd and 4th time repeats in the last section here.  It makes it look like that section plays four times whereas it doesn't in the original, it just goes straight back to bar 2 after bar 52 the first time.  Maybe there's something I'm missing but it doesn't make sense to me.

Maelstrom

It's because of the D.S.
It causes everything to be played a second time, and I made those changes so they're reflected in Finale's playback.

Latios212

Right, but as Libera said it looks misleading from the performer's standpoint. You can edit the displayed text to be different than the ending numbers used for playback.

You cannot view this attachment.

edit: I got it, accepting
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta