News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

LeviR.star's Replacements

Started by LeviR.star, May 31, 2020, 10:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

LeviR.star's Replacements Thread

Oh man, was this separate topics idea a game changer. This'll work out much better for special updates, and I'm so happy for this change!

~ - ~

Anyhoo, below is a list of songs I have arrangements already made for, with the old sheets' PDFs linked. Note that the names used in this thread are not the given ones from the site, they're the names I'd like the replacements to have. There's not very many here because I usually submit the replacements I make right away.

Contents: 10 Sheets
[NES] Mega Man

Stage Select: [OG] [SOURCE]
Cut Man Stage: [OG] [SOURCE]
Dr. Wily Stage 1: [OG] [SOURCE]
Dr. Wily Stage 2: [OG] [SOURCE]
Dr. Wily Stage Boss: [OG] [SOURCE]
Game Over: [OG] [SOURCE]

[NES] Mega Man 5

Dr. Wily Stage: [OG] [SOURCE]

[NES] Mega Man 6

Stage Select: [OG] [SOURCE]

*[ARCADE] Dig Dug

Movement: [OG]
Start: [OG]

Entire OST: [SOURCE]

(*I plan to replace both of these with a sheet that covers the entire OST)
[close]

And below here is a list of sheets I never was able to start...

Contents: 8 *Missed* Sheets ~ R.I.P.
[NES] Kid Icarus

Title Screen: [OG]  [SOURCE] (Suggested by Latios!)

[N64] Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

Bumper-Crop Bump: [OG] [SOURCE]

[Wii] Kirby's Epic Yarn

Prelude to Yin-Yarn: [OG] [SOURCE]

[NES] Mega Man

Fire Man Stage: [OG] [SOURCE]

[NES] Mega Man 2

Bubble Man Stage: [OG] [SOURCE]

[NES] Mega Man 4

Drill Man Stage: [OG] [SOURCE]

[GEN] Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Act 2 Boss: [OG] [SOURCE]

[ARCADE] Ms. Pac-Man

Music from Ms. Pac-Man: [OG] [Source Pending]
[close]

... but hey, at least I managed to fix up one edit replacement in time, 'cause those don't take too long at all!

Contents: 1 Measly New Sheet
[NES] Mega Man

Elec Man Stage: [OG] [SOURCE]
[close]

Status: No Kid Icarus sheet this time, but we did manage to get in an edit replacement for Mega Man's "Elec Man Stage". Now we wait...
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Thanks, I've updated the Mega Man titles on site with the real ones.

Could you provide YouTube links for the tracks you're replacing?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on June 01, 2020, 09:54:09 AMCould you provide YouTube links for the tracks you're replacing?

You got it! I've also provided a KHInsider download page for Dig Dug, and I'll keep looking for the Ms. Pac-Man OST.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

Having just gotten around to updating my "Cut Man Stage" sheet, I am now finished with fixing up my old replacements, bringing my project total up to 9! The deadline is tomorrow, so I figure I'll have enough time to make at least 1 new sheet. Stay tuned ~

LeviR.star

Change of plans... in the interest of polishing up the original Mega Man as much as possible, I've just put together a last-minute edit replacement of Dudeman's "Elec Man Stage" sheet. A friend pulled me away to do something today, and even if I had time, I'd rather take a week or two to come up with a decent take on that Kid Icarus one.

That's all, folks!

Static

Cut Man Stage
  • That weird thing in m3 would probably be better written as a staccato 8th note (with both notes) and one of those squiggly arpeggio lines. Or, alternatively, just have the top note and make the lower note a grace note.
  • m15: That half note in the LH is definitely not a half note in the original.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on June 14, 2020, 01:30:42 PMCut Man Stage
  • That weird thing in m3 would probably be better written as a staccato 8th note (with both notes) and one of those squiggly arpeggio lines. Or, alternatively, just have the top note and make the lower note a grace note.
  • m15: That half note in the LH is definitely not a half note in the original.

- I figured my best bet would be to transcribe it straight from the original, so once someone else figured a grace note would be acceptable, I could set some time aside to try and get the slash kind enabled. Thanks!

- must have been a leftover from my old PA draft that I never caught. Adjusted!

File for "Cut Man Stage" has been updated.

Static

Quote from: LeviR.star on June 14, 2020, 03:57:45 PM- I figured my best bet would be to transcribe it straight from the original, so once someone else figured a grace note would be acceptable, I could set some time aside to try and get the slash kind enabled. Thanks!

- must have been a leftover from my old PA draft that I never caught. Adjusted!

File for "Cut Man Stage" has been updated.
Looks good! I'll approve now.

Latios212

Mega Man - Stage Select
Looks great!

Mega Man - Dr. Wily Stage 1
The figure in m. 10/12/14 is pretty tricky - both to execute as you wrote it, and to discern what exactly is going on in the original. I suggest the following simplification which makes it much easier to play by cutting the pitches that are already part of the melody while maintaining the harmonically important notes (also your notes are misaligned on beat 3.5). Everything else about this one looks good!

You cannot view this attachment.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on June 16, 2020, 02:18:46 PMMega Man - Dr. Wily Stage 1
The figure in m. 10/12/14 is pretty tricky - both to execute as you wrote it, and to discern what exactly is going on in the original. I suggest the following simplification which makes it much easier to play by cutting the pitches that are already part of the melody while maintaining the harmonically important notes (also your notes are misaligned on beat 3.5). Everything else about this one looks good!

You cannot view this attachment.

I gotta say, I was worried for this one. Luckily, you've found a pretty good solution! I'll change it to look like that, and make sure the beats are aligned correctly.

File for "Dr. Wily Stage 1" has been updated.

Latios212

Mega Man - Dr. Wily Stage 1
Awesome, glad it works for you! Approving :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Mega Man - Cut Man Stage
Looks great! Just one tiny thing - if you're cutting the last system short I would suggest making the spacing consistent - dragging the barlines roughly to where they are in the above systems so the measures aren't comparatively stretched out.

Mega Man - Dr. Wily Stage 2
Also just one layout comment - this could very easily fit on one page if you use 3 measures per system instead of 2. There's no crazy rhythms or anything with this one so I don't think it looks at all cramped with 3 measures to a system and it fits nicely.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Stage Select

Accepted!

Dr. Wily Stage 1

Accepted! x2 Combo!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on July 05, 2020, 09:12:29 AMMega Man - Cut Man Stage
Looks great! Just one tiny thing - if you're cutting the last system short I would suggest making the spacing consistent - dragging the barlines roughly to where they are in the above systems so the measures aren't comparatively stretched out.

Mega Man - Dr. Wily Stage 2
Also just one layout comment - this could very easily fit on one page if you use 3 measures per system instead of 2. There's no crazy rhythms or anything with this one so I don't think it looks at all cramped with 3 measures to a system and it fits nicely.

- I guess there's no good reason for those two to be stretched like they are; I can move that final barline farther to the left just fine!

- Hmm, you're right. Not sure why I thought three to a systsem was going to be squished -- done!

Files for "Cut Man Stage" and "Dr. Wily Stage 2" have been updated.

Latios212

Cool, accepting Cut Man Stage and approving Dr. Wily Stage 2 :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle