Tobbeh99's Replacements

Started by Tobbeh99, June 03, 2020, 12:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

Thought of participating to this.

Zelda: Link's Awakening:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qky19rr5e2o03l/Zelda%20Link%27s%20Awakening%20Fixed%20Sheets.zip?dl=0
Ost:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5o_UOPNaQQ&list=PLDF2556A8C45BF850

Zelda: Oracle of Seasaons/Ages:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbnqrhcr1s1t0ut/Zelda%20Oracles%20URL%20Fix.zip?dl=0
Ost:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNHrUBooqrg&list=PLD7475F03564D42CA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3LXEInpQCc&list=PL2F0B084555138765

Yoshi's Story - Baby Bowser's Lullaby:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xsku6h5xka2lhx/Baby%20Bowser%27s%20Lullaby.zip?dl=0
Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf76B8W38eQ

Also I've edited my own arrangements as well:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cdam9rrz595g5yg/AADcls_u7E-y0Jy9D8bgAw7-a?dl=0

The songs:
K.K. Bazaar (Aircheck) - Youtube
Voyager Youtube
Dark Covenant Youtube
Successor of Fate Youtube
Eternal Bond Youtube
Red Wings Youtube
Clair Youtube
Victory Road Youtube
Courage (Dungeon) Youtube
Courage (Dungeon) (Duet) Youtube
Into The Wilderness Youtube
Zed's Theme Youtube
A Person's Warmth Youtube
Zelda Awakens Youtube
A Siege of Worlds Youtube

look here for a more detailed log of what I fixed
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Thanks Tobbeh and sorry for not having the time to go through them in the time since you made that changelog.

Please read the instructions in the project post and DM me your email address so you can add the sheets to the shared Dropbox folder for consideration.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Hey Tobbeh - I see your changelog for your sheets, but what did you change for the Link's Awakening/Oracles sheets? Could you provide a changelog for those? It would be helpful to note what we need to review and re-review for each arrangement... whether it was nothing more than a URL change or a significant reworking of the arrangement.

Additionally, just messaged Bespinben; some of the Link's Awakening sheets need to be redone a la Tal Tal Heights...
- Mabe Village
- Opening
- Ballad of the Wind Fish
- Link Awakens

Would you like to do them? I'd be happy to help out with one or two of these if needed

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

Well for Oracles I have a word document with the changes in the link in the OP. But the one for Link's Awakening seems to be missing... :/
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Mind making one? It would be really helpful to us.

Also let me know if you want to redo any of those four Link's Awakening sheets that need redoing, otherwise I'll assume you don't and we'll see if I or someone else has time to instead. (I'd like to take Mabe Village)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

eehh.. not really feeling for it. I did various changes to Link's Awakening. Some were only small formatting fixes, others were fixing wrong notes etc.

And don't know about those songs you mentioned. :/

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

I guess that's okay... though you'll need to take responsibility for your own sheets, unless you're okay with us making edits to them.

Noted about those few Link's Awakening sheets, I'll see if we can get them replaced elsewhere

edit: took care of Mabe Village

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Baby Bowser's Lullaby
Looks pretty good! A few things:
- The grace notes in m. 8/19 aren't really necessary after the trills
- The slurs in m. 19 could use a bit of flattening
- Margins are pretty small overall - you've got a ton of space to use on page 2 as well so I'd recommend expanding the last couple of systems and sticking with 4/system
- The articulations in the last measure should go under the notes

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Hey Tobbeh - hope you are doing well! Just checking in here. You know how the submissions process works - there needs to be a back and forth conversation between the updaters and the arranger in order for a sheet to be accepted. You've put in a ton of sheets here which is great, but if you're not going to put in the effort to go through them with us (see: not replying to my last couple of posts or helping enumerate what you've edited) it's not fair for the updaters to review these sheets over other ones by other arrangers who are actively putting in hard work. Not to shrug off the work you've already put into these sheets, but the review process is important.

You can let me know if you're going to be around to respond to feedback on your sheets; otherwise we'll prioritize arrangements from other arrangers, and if we have time pick some from here that we need for the site and go over them and make edits ourselves.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

Sorry for not responding. I believe I fixed the things you asked me about in Baby Bower's Lullaby, but forgot to reply.

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

No worries. There are still a bunch of things to go though:

Quote from: Latios212 on July 07, 2020, 04:02:08 PM- The grace notes in m. 8/19 aren't really necessary after the trills
These are fine to keep if you want, but just want to be sure

Quote from: Latios212 on July 07, 2020, 04:02:08 PM- The slurs in m. 19 could use a bit of flattening
- Margins are pretty small overall - you've got a ton of space to use on page 2 as well so I'd recommend expanding the last couple of systems and sticking with 4/system
- The articulations in the last measure should go under the notes
Not sure if I'm looking at the right file? These still... the slurs are still rather oddly curved, the top and bottom margins are still small (the text extends outside the margins too), and the articulations still appear above the notes in my file.

In addition:
- Some staccatos appear to be flipped on the wrong side of the note - for example m. 1 beat 1 upper layer, m. 9 beat 1 RH, RH notes in m. 8.
- The rolls in m. 3 and similar should extend as far as the noteheads, not the full length of the stems.

Quote from: Latios212 on August 13, 2020, 05:10:30 PMYou can let me know if you're going to be around to respond to feedback on your sheets; otherwise we'll prioritize arrangements from other arrangers, and if we have time pick some from here that we need for the site and go over them and make edits ourselves.
Still this as well - are you going to be around to make edits or should we plan on doing some for you?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

Hmm. The thing is that, on my original file (musx) it looks fine. But on the mus. file, it looks bad. I think it's a thing with the new finale version. So I exported a musx. file now. It should work.

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

I see some of the stuff updated, like the articulations in the last measure and the slurs at the top of page 2. But the following still look unchanged:
Quote from: Latios212 on July 07, 2020, 04:02:08 PM- Margins are pretty small overall - you've got a ton of space to use on page 2 as well so I'd recommend expanding the last couple of systems and sticking with 4/system
Quote from: Latios212 on August 18, 2020, 03:31:33 PMSome staccatos appear to be flipped on the wrong side of the note - for example m. 1 beat 1 upper layer, m. 9 beat 1 RH, RH notes in m. 8.
- The rolls in m. 3 and similar should extend as far as the noteheads, not the full length of the stems.

And this one more time... I would appreciate an answer on this. So that we can plan accordingly on spending time making edits for you, or not. (It also might be faster if we do some edits on the edit replacements instead of going back and forth)
Quote from: Latios212 on August 18, 2020, 03:31:33 PM
Quote from: Latios212 on August 13, 2020, 05:10:30 PMYou can let me know if you're going to be around to respond to feedback on your sheets; otherwise we'll prioritize arrangements from other arrangers, and if we have time pick some from here that we need for the site and go over them and make edits ourselves.
Still this as well - are you going to be around to make edits or should we plan on doing some for you?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

It's fine if you do some edits. Especially if they are just fixes and touch-ups. I'm a bit unsure if I'll be around, hopefully I will to answer your posts.

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Got it, thanks!

Baby Bowser's Lullaby
Fixed margins, spacing, and what seemed to be v26 problems with articulations. Approved!

MSF and I started going through the Link's Awakening sheets, and will work on fixing them up as we go through them. Changelog to come as we make edits and corrections.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle