Title: Main Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Jacopo Tore

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

Sorry for the wait! Here's some feedback

First of all, thess videos have the music much clearer:

• m5: The fermatas should all be lined up on the same beat; the whole notes should be written as quarter notes tied to a dotted half note, with the fermata over the dotted half note.
  • m7: I think it's a bit too much to play moving 5ths like that at 180bpm, maybe just include the top notes.
  • Konami developed the game, so they should also be in the copyright info.
  • Isn't this sheet technically two sheets in one? The Main Theme should just be the Toccata and Fugue excerpt in m1-5, but m6-23 is a different track. The track starting at m6 also continues for awhile past what you have written (you left out some parts), you can hear some of that in the video I linked above. You can also hear this in the NES version of the soundtrack here.
  • Usually, our rule is to only have one track per sheet, unless it's a collection of sound effects or short jingles. Based on the above, I would either just include the Main Theme (Credit ~ Start), or BGM 1 (the track starting at m6).

I'm not terribly familiar with the A5200 port of Gyruss, but I'm assuming the music is at least similarly organized to the NES port. There isn't much info I can find on specifically the soundtrack.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Static on August 02, 2020, 11:34:33 AMSorry for the wait! Here's some feedback

First of all, thess videos have the music much clearer:

• m5: The fermatas should all be lined up on the same beat; the whole notes should be written as quarter notes tied to a dotted half note, with the fermata over the dotted half note.
  • m7: I think it's a bit too much to play moving 5ths like that at 180bpm, maybe just include the top notes.
  • Konami developed the game, so they should also be in the copyright info.
  • Isn't this sheet technically two sheets in one? The Main Theme should just be the Toccata and Fugue excerpt in m1-5, but m6-23 is a different track. The track starting at m6 also continues for awhile past what you have written (you left out some parts), you can hear some of that in the video I linked above. You can also hear this in the NES version of the soundtrack here.
  • Usually, our rule is to only have one track per sheet, unless it's a collection of sound effects or short jingles. Based on the above, I would either just include the Main Theme (Credit ~ Start), or BGM 1 (the track starting at m6).

I'm not terribly familiar with the A5200 port of Gyruss, but I'm assuming the music is at least similarly organized to the NES port. There isn't much info I can find on specifically the soundtrack.

first of all thanks for the reply (and for the videos), I used an emulator for ATARI and I played the game, it seems that the music is united; I have not considered a comparison with the NES because they seem very different to each other.

Static

Quote from: JacopoTore on August 03, 2020, 03:15:10 AMfirst of all thanks for the reply (and for the videos), I used an emulator for ATARI and I played the game, it seems that the music is united; I have not considered a comparison with the NES because they seem very different to each other.

Awesome, the music is supposed to be connected. When you play it in an emulator, does the song continue past m23 like in the videos I linked? If it does, add that part, unless you think it's part of a different track altogether.

Aside from that, just address the first 3 points in my post above and I think this one's good to go.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Static on August 03, 2020, 10:41:23 AMAwesome, the music is supposed to be connected. When you play it in an emulator, does the song continue past m23 like in the videos I linked? If it does, add that part, unless you think it's part of a different track altogether.

Aside from that, just address the first 3 points in my post above and I think this one's good to go.

No, the music still continue in loop m20-23 forever (I left the
emulator for two hour opened)
Regarding the m7 I'd like to leave as people can hear :( I know what is the problem but I want to respect the music more than the performer
BTW I am learning various things from your advice. How come you never intervened before in my posts??

Static

Quote from: JacopoTore on August 04, 2020, 05:01:08 AMNo, the music still continue in loop m20-23 forever (I left the
emulator for two hour opened)
Regarding the m7 I'd like to leave as people can hear :( I know what is the problem but I want to respect the music more than the performer
BTW I am learning various things from your advice. How come you never intervened before in my posts??

OK, sounds good then. Sorry if I didn't clarify enough, but both Konami and Parker Bros. should be in the copyright info; you just needed to add Konami.

JacopoTore

Quote from: Static on August 04, 2020, 01:47:34 PMOK, sounds good then. Sorry if I didn't clarify enough, but both Konami and Parker Bros. should be in the copyright info; you just needed to add Konami.
Ok I'm sorry to!
Hope it is good now, another time thanks!

Static

Looks great! The only thing I would change is the "and"; it should just be a comma - don't worry, I did that for you. Approved.

Latios212

This is based off of a composition by Bach, so he should be credited in the composer info.

Aside from that, don't think I have anything to add so I'll make that small edit and accept!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot