[NDS] Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version - "Skyarrow Bridge" (Replacement) by Onionleaf

Started by Zeta, August 09, 2020, 02:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Black Version & Pokémon White Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Skyarrow Bridge
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Onionleaf

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Onionleaf

Latios212

Yay! I love this piece!

- Consecutive thirds as 16th notes in m. 2 is pretty rough, and they also make the naturally light and airy piece sound overly bassy (especially considering the parts around it). I'd suggest considering removing the lower notes.
- Overall I feel like the phrase marks over pretty much every system don't really help a lot, especially given that the melody has rests peppered everywhere throughout it.
- Db in m. 2 should be C# (chromatically ascending to D in m. 3)
- Make sure the page 1 footer and page 2 header are within the page margins.

Honestly I don't have much to add other than the few small things above. You've done a great job with this arrangement :)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Well... it's been a while, I hope you're still out there somewhere Onionleaf :) I made the edits above, except for removing the phrase markings.

And I'll now approve!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

To be honest, I feel uncertain/uncomfortable about a lot of the chords and harmonies in this sheet. It's hard for me to figure out the exact chords from the audio, so I'm having a hard time pinpointing what's different, but m8-10 sound especially off to me. At some point I might see if I can get a sequence of the audio file to check the notes. For now, though, here's what I could identify:
- I'm not sure what's going on with the slurs in this sheet. There are slurs that go over rests and staccatos and other slurs—it seems like it would be best to just remove them instead. EDIT: oh they're what you referred to as phrase markings. They seem more confusing than useful to me though
- I think it would also look way cleaner to rewrite all the 16th note + 16th rest instances on beat 4.5 as just a staccato eighth note. I find the way it is right now hard to read.
- In the chords in the first half of m4, I hear an additional F on top.
- Not sure why m4 LH beat 2.75 is inverted up
- I still hear the top D on m4 LH beat 4.5 too
- m5 LH, the G minor chord strikes on beat 3.25. The current LH part deviates from the original a bit too much to my ear, I think
- I think we could remove the harmonies under m6/10 RH beat 2.75 as well
- The bass note in the second half of m8 LH should be G instead of F
- In the first half of m10, I'm hearing Eb's instead of C's in the chord
- I hear an Eb on top of the m10 LH beat 4 chord
- m12/14/16/18 beat 2.25 should probably be written as 16ths instead of 8ths, since the rest of the sheet uses sixteenths instead of staccato eighths on beat x.25.
- The grace notes in m11/13/18 are G-A rather than Ab.
- m12 LH beats 2.25/2.75 are missing the bass at the bottom (C --> Bb). After adding the bass, I think the Eb --> D in the LH could also be transposed up to the RH.
- The bass note on m14 LH beat 2.75 is Bb in the original. I'm not sure I hear an F here.
- Same deal with m16/18 LH beat 2.25/2.75, also missing the bass notes from the original.
- Parallel thirds still need to be removed from m18 LH beat 3
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

In the interest of getting this one finished, MSF has made some edits on a file which I've given a quick skim over to reset articulations and adjust a few slurs.

I've uploaded the updated files to the NSM Panel and will now accept this replacement!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta