Game: Xenogears
Console: PlayStation
Title: A Gathering of Stars in the Night Sky
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Khunjund

This is a well-made arrangement. My only nitpicks would be that there's no change in texture before measure 19, and that you introduce a second-layer line in measure 15, but don't really do anything with it—if you want to include it, I would keep it all the way to the resolution on C in measure 17, moving up an octave on the second Db of measure 16.

Also, in measure 9 on beats 3 and 4 the left hand goes Bb Db C, doing a kind of double appoggiatura around the C note which you could include if you wanted.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Static

Yeah I think that sounds good, I wrote out that voice until m17 - I only hear 1 whole note Db in m16 however. I don't hear the Db in m9, although that does sound really nice there.

Khunjund

Sorry, I made a mistake. This is what I hear in measure 9, with the Eb one octave higher no beat 3 (which gave me that wrap-around effect):
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Static

Libera

-Bar 23 beat 2 the left hand sounds like an F rather than a G like it was in bar 19.
-Would recommend a double barline at the segno.
-Bars 19-27 sounds louder and fuller to me than 5-18, but your dynamics are the other way around.  I think it'd make sense to swap the mf and mp here.  The crescendo in in 25 would then also be less abrupt.  (If you change this remember to drop or swap the dim in bar 18.)
-Could we be consistent with titles for this game?  I've been going off of https://vgmdb.net/album/48 and your previous sheets matched this too.  As in 'A Gathering of Stars in the Night Sky'.

Nice sheet.  I've recently been trying to get back into playing more so I'll definitely have a go at this one.

Static

Quote from: Libera on October 31, 2020, 05:35:20 AM-Bar 23 beat 2 the left hand sounds like an F rather than a G like it was in bar 19.
-Would recommend a double barline at the segno.
Done and done

Quote from: Libera on October 31, 2020, 05:35:20 AM-Bars 19-27 sounds louder and fuller to me than 5-18, but your dynamics are the other way around.  I think it'd make sense to swap the mf and mp here.  The crescendo in in 25 would then also be less abrupt.  (If you change this remember to drop or swap the dim in bar 18.)
Hm, I still hear the opposite. In m5-18, you have the full string section come in, but m19-27 is just the bass, keyboard, oboe, clarinet, and flute. The texture feels a lot more sparse there. That crescendo is abrupt though, so I changed the forte to a mezzoforte. The melody in octaves give it a loud enough sound anyway.

Quote from: Libera on October 31, 2020, 05:35:20 AM-Could we be consistent with titles for this game?  I've been going off of https://vgmdb.net/album/48 and your previous sheets matched this too.  As in 'A Gathering of Stars in the Night Sky'.
Done

Quote from: Libera on October 31, 2020, 05:35:20 AMNice sheet.  I've recently been trying to get back into playing more so I'll definitely have a go at this one.
I'm looking forward to it

Libera

Quote from: Static on November 14, 2020, 02:57:00 PMHm, I still hear the opposite. In m5-18, you have the full string section come in, but m19-27 is just the bass, keyboard, oboe, clarinet, and flute. The texture feels a lot more sparse there.

I guess I thinking more in terms of volume but the instrumentation is a bit sparser without the strings, so that's fair.

Approved!

Latios212

I definitely want to print and play this one. It sounds super nice and is really simple :)

I have nothing to add - great job!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot