News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[SWITCH] Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity - "A Quiet Moment" by XiaoMigros

Started by Zeta, December 30, 2020, 07:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: A Quiet Moment
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: XiaoMigros

[attachment deleted by admin]

Khunjund

Hello, welcome to NSM.

When submitting a sheet, please link a YouTube video or other primary source to the music like so:

This allows updaters and other users to easily compare your arrangement to the original and avoids confusion if there exist multiple versions of the piece, etc.
Please stop making lists using hyphens.

XiaoMigros

Latios212

Nice work! This is looking good.

I'll help iron out the formatting stuff later, but a few pieces of feedback about the arrangement itself for now:
- The lower layer notes in m. 9 and 13 should tie over to the next measure. Measures 11-12 are also missing a Gb that's part of that same voice bridging the gap between the Ab and F.
- Similarly, m. 15-16 should have a Gb tied over to fill in the lower layer. Measures 17-18 should have the Ab tied over, and m. 19-20 should have Gb and F.
- Eb at the first ending should have a C below it, just like the measure above it.
- For the low extra notes in the left hand, I would suggest writing them like this instead of just having them be an eighth note on beat 1 of alternate measures:
You cannot view this attachment.
- m. 22's beat 1 in the left hand should be Gb instead of Bb.
- m. 25-26 second left hand notes should be Gb instead of Db.

Is the second ending a custom ending you wrote?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

Thanks for your feedback!

As I tend to do more transcribing most of my arrangements are... "unpolished", to say the least. What you've pointed out seems reasonable and I'll fix those errors. The second ending is a custom ending I added, do you want that removed or not?

Latios212

You're welcome, here to help :) The custom ending is fine to keep if you want. Let me know if you have any other questions about the above.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Hey, in the future it would help if you posted when you updated the sheet to let us know :) I just noticed that you made some edits after my last post.

I fixed up the formatting as well as a few other things:
- Don't need the forward repeat bar at the front
- Flipped Rh melody note up in m. 14
- Added the Gb in m. 15-16 I mentioned above
- Use two quarter rests instead of a half rest in 3/4 time
- Tied lower layer between m. 21-22
- Split m. 23 into two layers so the lower layer couple be tied over. Same with 25-26
- Moved the last note to the RH

Here's the file, let me know if everything looks good to you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/douin1zmukg49k3/A%20Quiet%20Moment.mus?dl=1

(Also we should figure out what to do with m. 21-24 lowest later so the performer knows to restrike the bass notes instead of hold them, but I don't have any bright ideas at the moment)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

Hey! From now on I'll say when I've updated the sheet then, if I don't forget that is🙃
 - By default I add forward repeat bars, I have no clue why and I know you don't need them, but I'll try to remove them in the future
- The other edits you've made look good to me, I'll update the submission after I've posted this
The only thing that comes to mind for measures 21-24 is to make the ties dotted? Though I think that might be a bit unclear to the performer. I'll have a think but otherwise I could always remove the tie completely (that isn't optimal either).

XiaoMigros

While going over the piece again I fixed up a few more minor things:
 - I wrote whole-measure rests in the right hand's 1st voice as such instead of their literal value (dotted half).
 - I moved the Gb in Measures 11-12 into the second voice to emphasise the lesser significance of this note, and to show it is a continuation of the second voice from the previous two measures.
Thank you to all the updaters for your time and patience!

Latios212

Cool, I've made sure your files are updated with that and formatting ^^

Approving this one!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Zeta