News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Rolled Chords?

Started by Sir Awesomesauce, August 18, 2008, 11:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Awesomesauce

Is there any way to put Rolled Chords into Finale Notepad? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolled_chord) I tried the articulation tool, but it didn't do anything. I know a way you CAN reproduce the sound, but it would make things look cleaner and simpler if I could do this.

(I'm arranging Ocarina of Time: Ice Cavern)
You should read my post, it's probably above this.

Davey

Probably not... Finale Notepad doesn't even have an 8va. So I suggest you ask someone in help to add it in for you. Someone with Finale 2008. Someone like ME GIMME THE DAMN FILE.

Sir Awesomesauce

Well its not a big deal, I can get by. I was just wondering if I was missing something obvious. I'll upload it in a sec, calm down!  ;)

http://www.mediafire.com//?sharekey=be9dcddc6f7c3461ab1eab3e9fa335ca0aa048dbace78b5a

I think that's how you do it, but I suck at that kind of stuff. Tell me if it works!

Echo

You probably did it wrong, because putting it in from the articulation tool in NotePad works fine for me.

Sir Awesomesauce

I figured out the problem. The rolled-chord articulation (The wavy line) was too short, so I couldn't tell if the notes were being pressed at different times. I just lengthened it and it worked.  :P

Thanks for your help you guys.

PianoMan

NO!!! YOU CAN!!! That little wavy-type thing? select it, double-click whichever note you want it to start at, and drag to the last note.

Brawler4Ever

Hey...I also arranged this...but I deleted it because it sucked and because it was already arranged(but then taken off the site apparently  :P)
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Echo

Just to let people know, the glissando one turns out red and it will work to the same effect as a rolled chord pretty much, although it should really be used only for actual glisses in my opinion since it won't look as nice as the articulation version. For the articulation tool for a rolled chord, the higher square is used for positioning, and the lower one for adjusting the length. It might cause freezing problems though if you adjust it using the control pad.

Sir Awesomesauce

It DOES cause freezing problems, whenever I try and play back what I have so far, it freaks out and closes. Any way to get around this? (And don't say "don't play it back" because that's not really a solution!) :-\

Echo

Try deleting them and then putting them in again, but don't adjust them with the control pad, only the mouse. For me, at least, it seems that the freezing problems only happen when I edit them using the control pad.

Sir Awesomesauce

I've been using the mouse, and I move them using the mouse. Aesthetically it looks great, but when I play it back, it freezes.

Echo

Then just settle for the glissando tool for now, I guess. Or, use the glissandos as markers, and then switch them to the articulation version for when you want to upload/print them.

I don't know, I was just really stubborn and kept on redoing it the first few times it crashed on me, and now it never crashes.

Sir Awesomesauce

Woohoo!  :D    Finally got it to work. It was the weirdest thing too, I was going to try the glissando thing, that froze it too...

BUT, I just kept it all non-rolled till the very end, added them in, and saved it. I said to myself, "what the heck!" and played it.... No freezing all the way through!

Also, since we're kinda on the subject, the Ice Cavern thing doesn't really have a bass except for the wind. Do you think there's a way to reproduce the sound on Piano?  ???

The-Real-Link

Quote from: Sir Awesomesauce on August 19, 2008, 10:05:55 PMWoohoo!  :D    Finally got it to work. It was the weirdest thing too, I was going to try the glissando thing, that froze it too...

BUT, I just kept it all non-rolled till the very end, added them in, and saved it. I said to myself, "what the heck!" and played it.... No freezing all the way through!

Also, since we're kinda on the subject, the Ice Cavern thing doesn't really have a bass except for the wind. Do you think there's a way to reproduce the sound on Piano?  ???
What I would do for the bass, since the actualy game only uses non-reproducable sounds, is to use arpeggiated chords played at a faster speed up and down the 2 octaves below the melody. If you want I could give you a sample of what I'm talking about.

Sir Awesomesauce

A sample would be appreciated very much :)