Series: Castlevania
Game: Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge
Console: Game Boy
Title: Ripe Seeds (Plant Castle)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Atcero

[attachment deleted by admin]

Atcero

Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

LeviR.star

Oh yeah, I love me some Belmont's Revenge. Great to see this here in submissions!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Zeila

Neat :>

• Idk why but the page number was of size 14 instead of 12
  • Someone can edit this when there's more feedback to be done/modified, but the last system on page 1 is a little close to the copyright and the performance note is outside of the margins (if that matters)
  • m2 LH is all beamed together, so just copy measure 1 again
  • m5+ LH it sounds like there should be a rest replacing the sixteenth notes on beat 3 instead of it being tied
  • m6/8/etc. RH beat 1.25 would be better as a dotted eighth note instead of eighth-tied sixteenth; the second eighth note (on beat 3.75) should be a sixteenth note tied to another sixteenth note
  • m13+ maybe you could write slurs here to represent the pulse/wave change

Static

In addition to all the stuff above:
  • This piece should be notated in D minor. As such, any Dbs should be spelled as C#s since they're part of A chords.
  • m20 RH beat 1 and beat 3.75 should be Bb instead of Bn.

Here's the file with slightly updated formatting: last system on page 1 isn't so close to the copyright info, performance note is moved to be within the page margins, and changed the page number font size. You should be able to edit everything else me and Zeila mentioned with just NotePad.

Atcero

Hey Zelia, quick question on this:

Quotem6/8/etc. RH beat 1.25 would be better as a dotted eighth note instead of eighth-tied sixteenth; the second eighth note (on beat 3.75) should be a sixteenth note tied to another sixteenth note

Why is it fine for the dotted eighth on beat 1.5 to cross that beam and not the eighth on beat 3.75?
Idk why i had it formatted that way but I think this is the correct version i should have done:

Spoiler
[close]

If the image doesnt load just ping me in discord and i can show ya what i mean since my images dont always like to work
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Zeila

Quote from: Atcero on June 12, 2021, 04:45:31 PMWhy is it fine for the dotted eighth on beat 1.5 to cross that beam and not the eighth on beat 3.75?
Well it wouldn't be okay for a dotted eighth note to be on beat 1.5, but in your sheet it's on beat 1.25 and would thus stay within the same beat unit. The beaming is better, but I forgot to mention that the notes within beat 3 and 4 should be beamed with each other over the sixteenth rests. Here's a picture for clarity:
You cannot view this attachment.

Atcero

That's what I had in my glitched picture. I always thought that was beat 2.25, not 1.25 but yes that makes a lot more sense thank you!

Also note for Notepad: some beaming changes and I cannot change key sig without transposing so I will need help with those sadly unless I re-export.

Spoiler
[close]

Static

Here you go, with correct beaming and key. All the other stuff still needs to be changed.

Something interesting to note: the two VGMdB albums with this OST (here and here) both have the title as "Ripe Seeds (Plant Castle BGM)". Personally, I would recommend changing it (and the current sheet on site could also be changed), but it's a very minor detail so keeping it is probably OK too... I'm just picky when it comes to these things. No big deal either way

Atcero

All updated, sorry it took so long! I did check the official CV box set and it did have the BGM so I added it. Looks like a lot of the older tracks have that note on em. Thank you guys!

Spoiler
[close]

Static

Quote from: Zeila on June 02, 2021, 09:47:59 PMm13+ maybe you could write slurs here to represent the pulse/wave change
Maybe consider this too, but if you want to keep everything unarticulated for simplicity's sake that's fine. Rest of the changes look great so I'll go ahead and give this one an approval.

(also be sure to change the title on page 2 to match the one on page 1)

Latios212

Quote from: Atcero on May 26, 2021, 04:21:44 PMTime to actually submit from a series I simp over
Wait, when did you ever submit something that's not Castlevania...?

Nice work! Just a couple of small things:
- Is there a reason why the second half of m. 13/15/17/19 LH is written with the bass notes on the offbeats? As opposed to the rest of the measures which start with the upper octave on beat 3.25
- The performance note - that doesn't really work nicely because you have some weird overlap between the hands if you lower the RH an octave. E.g. you can't sustain the D quarter note on beat 1 of 5 and the melody is oddly in between the LH octave notes in m. 6. I'd suggest just removing it for simplicity
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Atcero

All updated! I do want to leave out the slurs for simplicity sake for this one if thats fine. Thank you guys so much!

Spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Quote from: Latios212 on June 22, 2021, 03:21:18 PM- Is there a reason why the second half of m. 13/15/17/19 LH is written with the bass notes on the offbeats? As opposed to the rest of the measures which start with the upper octave on beat 3.25
Discussed over Discord, the alternating bass notes match the left/right sound channels. Strictly going by that the C's in the following measures would also be switched, but will keep those as is to keep the lower bass note hitting on beat 1.

edit: fixing the system spacing on page 1 and accepting
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta