Mordent on chords?

Started by Echo, August 18, 2008, 09:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Echo

Um, yeah. So I want to know if there's a way to write out a way for both/all notes in a chord to be played with a mordent (look up mordent on wikipedia if you don't know what it looks like). On NotePad at least, I can put a mordent on a chord, but only the top note gets played with a mordent, when I want both notes to be played that way.

Like for this song I'm arranging. For now I made them into triplets, but the way I want to write them is as if they were quarter notes with a mordent over them. But the problem is I don't know how to show that both notes of the chord should be mordent'd. Is it even possible to do that? (not in a Finale program point of view, but in a musical point of view in general)

So... Anybody know?

The-Real-Link

Well let's see. A.) You could break the chord into to layers. One with the stem up, the other down. And then add a mordent to both notes.  B.) You could do it Baroque style and actually write out the mordent with either triplets or 32nd notes. or C.) You could give it to someone with a higher version of finale (Like me) who can write them as grace notes.