Series: Dragon Quest
Game: Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Rondo
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

I know nothing about Dragon Quest music, so... source for the track title?
- This says "Rondo"
- This says "Rondo Royale"
- They do both agree on the Japanese title, "王宮のロンド", which Google tells me translates to something like "Royal Palace Rondo"
Thoughts? :P

About the sheet, just a few small comments:
- Put the treble clef change immediately preceding the Ab at the end of m. 10 (the subtle clef change at the end of m. 8 is easily missable or forgettable)
- I think the second half of the sheet (m. 9+) might be better in Cm (three flats) to parallel the C major of the first section. It begins on Cm in m. 9, resolves back to Cm in m. 15, and sets up the return to C major at the beginning via the D7 > G chords at the end
- I'd suggest extending the 8va in m. 12 one more eighth note, over the G, to preserve the contour of that run
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on May 31, 2021, 01:10:13 PMI know nothing about Dragon Quest music, so... source for the track title?
- This says "Rondo"
- This says "Rondo Royale"
- They do both agree on the Japanese title, "王宮のロンド", which Google tells me translates to something like "Royal Palace Rondo"
Thoughts? :P

From what I've seen, Smash Ultimate (which I think is a suitable reference,) uses the names from the Symphonic Suites, and Dragon Quest III, which has two different suites of its own, uses the title "Rondo" for both. Besides, "Rondo" is the most common title I've come across, so that's good enough for me.

Quote from: Latios212 on May 31, 2021, 01:10:13 PM- Put the treble clef change immediately preceding the Ab at the end of m. 10 (the subtle clef change at the end of m. 8 is easily missable or forgettable)
- I think the second half of the sheet (m. 9+) might be better in Cm (three flats) to parallel the C major of the first section. It begins on Cm in m. 9, resolves back to Cm in m. 15, and sets up the return to C major at the beginning via the D7 > G chords at the end
- I'd suggest extending the 8va in m. 12 one more eighth note, over the G, to preserve the contour of that run

- sure thing, but I'll have to manually inch the clef over to the left slightly
- good point, that was my plan originally, but for some reason I thought F minor was a good idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- another good point, I'll fix that

Files fixed.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on June 06, 2021, 07:55:48 PMFrom what I've seen, Smash Ultimate (which I think is a suitable reference,) uses the names from the Symphonic Suites, and Dragon Quest III, which has two different suites of its own, uses the title "Rondo" for both. Besides, "Rondo" is the most common title I've come across, so that's good enough for me.
Makes sense. Sheet looks great!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

It almost sounds like m14 LH beat 2 should be F-Eb-D-C, but it just isn't. Well, I don't have anything to add, this looks pretty great so I'll accept

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot