Title: End of the Road
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Renaud Bergeron

[attachment deleted by admin]

Khunjund

Please stop making lists using hyphens.

Latios212

This looks really nice! I just have a few rather small comments:
- Thoughts about tying something over between m. 6-7 so it's not just empty in the left hand? The way it's written right now doesn't readily imply that the chord/pedal is held over from the first system to the second. If you think it's not ambiguous though, it's fine.
- The last measure needs a click to respace (notes too close to the left barline)
- URL is missing the www
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Khunjund

Quote from: Latios212 on July 18, 2021, 05:45:44 PMThis looks really nice! I just have a few rather small comments:
- Thoughts about tying something over between m. 6-7 so it's not just empty in the left hand? The way it's written right now doesn't readily imply that the chord/pedal is held over from the first system to the second. If you think it's not ambiguous though, it's fine.
- The last measure needs a click to respace (notes too close to the left barline)
- URL is missing the www

I get what you mean. My problem is that whatever I do here, I'd also have to do for the right hand in measures 17 and 20, for consistency. I thought about hiding the rest and making it a blank measure, but that wouldn't work for the right hand. Tying just the last note looks off to me, as would putting open ties or l.v. etc., which also seems redundant when I've already written con pedale. Ultimately I think leaving the rest there is the least bad option.

Fixed the URL and last measure.

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Nice sheet
  • m9: This rolled chord also has an additional low Ab. You could include it in the LH if you want instead of holding the previous Ab all the way though those bars.
  • You added an extra Db in m24 RH that isn't there. Beat 1 is Fb (doubled in the LH), beat 1.5 should be Ab, and so on up to the high C. The Db is skipped.
  • m25 RH is missing a C under the Gb. I don't think it's that hard to play coming from m24.

Khunjund

Quote from: Static on October 08, 2021, 01:32:18 PM
  • m9: This rolled chord also has an additional low Ab. You could include it in the LH if you want instead of holding the previous Ab all the way though those bars.

Added.

• You added an extra Db in m24 RH that isn't there. Beat 1 is Fb (doubled in the LH), beat 1.5 should be Ab, and so on up to the high C. The Db is skipped.

You're right that I added that Db, but rather than the arpeggio doubling the Fb on beat 1, I think I can hear it playing a Db just below it.

• m25 RH is missing a C under the Gb. I don't think it's that hard to play coming from m24.

I think I omitted that one intentionally, but I can't remember why, so I put it back in. ;P

Static

Quote from: Khunjund on October 10, 2021, 12:05:02 PMYou're right that I added that Db, but rather than the arpeggio doubling the Fb on beat 1, I think I can hear it playing a Db just below it.
I don't think that Db is in the harp part in particular, but I do hear it there. You might also want to consider swapping the Db and Fb between hands, but what you have helps visually separate the voices. Up to you

For the chord in m9, the arpeggio marking should stretch to include that Ab.

Khunjund

Quote from: Static on October 10, 2021, 12:15:31 PMI don't think that Db is in the harp part in particular, but I do hear it there. You might also want to consider swapping the Db and Fb between hands, but what you have helps visually separate the voices. Up to you

I'd prefer keeping it like that. If someone wants to swap which hand plays which, they can, and this way the voices are much clearer.

Quote from: Static on October 10, 2021, 12:15:31 PMFor the chord in m9, the arpeggio marking should stretch to include that Ab.

Done.

Static

Looks good!

We discussed adding the "Piano" text to the first system; remember to do this for all future sheets

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot