News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Zeila's Colors Project Sheets

Started by Zeila, July 26, 2021, 02:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeila

I made some changes to Sunset Express according to feedback from Radiak, and I put a mus file in the Approved folder. My comments are in red

-m7 RH: I hear an Eb on beat 1.25.
-m8 RH: I hear a Dn on beat 4.75.
-m16 RH beat 2.5 sounds more like Ab than Bb to me.
-I don't really hear the Ebs on beats 3.5 and 4.25 in m17 and m33 LH.
-I'm not hearing any Dns in m18 in either the LH or RH, to me it sounds like the chord is Abmaj7/Bb (aka the Mario Kart chord 😎). So you can keep the Bb and Ab in the LH, and in the RH you could add a C and an Eb under the G on beat 1. This all applies to m34 as well.
I still hear a Dn but I opted to use Eb for now because the sax also plays that note, but if other people do hear Dn then I can change it back

-Any reason beat 1.75 of m33 RH doesn't have Gb on the bottom like m17?
That was just me being inconsistent, so I added it back in

-m42 RH: grace note on beat 1?
-m42 LH: I think it might sound a bit nicer if you took out the middle notes here, I can't hear those 5ths in the original and the 3rd is taken by the RH on beat 3 so the LH doesn't necessarily need to double it.

edit: apparently there's an issue with previewing posts on unarchived threads? but it was able to post so it's not a big deal. Also I forgot to fix a typo regarding measure 16

Bloop

After a tiny fix via discord, Sunset Express is re-accepted! Thanks to Radiak too for pointing things out we didn't notice :p