BloOoOoOoOp's Halloween Sheet

Started by Bloop, September 30, 2021, 03:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloop

Not necessarily my spoopiest sheet, but a sheet I'd love to see on the site.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Last Day (Final Hours)
[ZIP]

The official title is likely "Last Day", but I think the track is better known as "Final Hours", which fits a bit more imo. I'll change to Last Day though if that's preferred. title changed

cashwarrior1

When I saw the title I was like "how can you arrange that?" but it actually turns out pretty nice!

My only comments would be measure 8's decrescendo should be lined up with the crescendo on measure 7 and should be moved a little so it doesn't touch the bar line.
Similarly on measure 20 the decrescendo also touches the barline.

Bloop

Thanks for spotting that! (i should've known better lol)
Fixed!

Latios212

thanks finale

You cannot view this attachment.

This is a really hauntingly beautiful piece I've never heard before. The sheet looks great, I just have a couple of smaller comments:
- I'm curious why you decided to write the tuplet run in m. 11 but not 15 or 21.
- The bottom ties in m. 15-20 should bend upwards away from the new note in the lower layer
- Maybe move a measure up to the relatively empty first system to give the tuplet run more room?
- The systems on page 2 could be moved a tad closer together to make the header have a little more room under it.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Quote from: Latios212 on October 25, 2021, 08:48:04 PM- I'm curious why you decided to write the tuplet run in m. 11 but not 15 or 21.
I think it was just an oversight actually, I added the one in m11 at a later stage and didn't notice them at 15 or 21 at first. I've added them in! All measure and staff distributions should be alright too.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

• Official title is Last Day, and I still see that title around YouTube and other sites sometimes along with Final Hours. I'd go with "Last Day (Final Hours)" or something.
  • I'm trying to figure out if there's a better way to distribute these measures. Page 2 looks a lot emptier compared with the rest even though it's similar material. Seems like what you have is really the best it'll look.
  • The Bb in m18 RH Layer 1 sounds like it's rearticulated several times (there's several other notes that sound like this too, but this measure stood out to me the most).

I think that's it.

Bloop

Quote from: Static on October 28, 2021, 06:54:01 PM
  • I'm trying to figure out if there's a better way to distribute these measures. Page 2 looks a lot emptier compared with the rest even though it's similar material. Seems like what you have is really the best it'll look.
Yeah the sextuplets make the measure distribution a bit weird. I can do the last 6 measures at 3 measures per system, and use the extra space to widen the rest of measures, but then some of the structure gets lost. I think I prefer the 2 measures per system at the end more anyways, also because of the structure.

Quote from: Static on October 28, 2021, 06:54:01 PM
  • The Bb in m18 RH Layer 1 sounds like it's rearticulated several times (there's several other notes that sound like this too, but this measure stood out to me the most).
I think that's just kinda how the synth strings sound. Restriking this and possibly other notes kinda takes away from the impact.

I did change the title though!

Static

Looks good! Makes sense about those strings