News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Nine Lives' Halloween Sheet

Started by NineLives, September 30, 2021, 04:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NineLives

Wario Land 4 - "Crescent Moon Village" | FOLDER
Hopefully, sharing the folder will make it so all the files are downloadable. If not, let me know!

Zeila

This is an appropriate song choice 🌙 🏘️
  • if you want to be quirky, you could notate a few "AAH"s in the beginning with x noteheads
  • m2 beat 3.5 sounds like the B bends to an A here. Idk if you missed that or if you intentionally did it that way to differentiate it from m6 though. Same thing goes for m10 vs m14
  • m24 RH beat 3.5 missing E quarter note
  • m25-40 LH you could add the guitar plucks on beats 2/4 here to make it feel busier
  • m49/51 RH beat 3.75 break up the eighth note into tied sixteenth notes so it doesn't cross beat 4
  • m49-62 RH it would be nice to add the upper harmony layer on some of those notes, although that might raise the difficulty too much in comparison to the rest of the song
  • m49-62 LH another suggestion to make that section a little livelier is to lower the bass part and add octave hits on beats 2 and 4 where there are currently eighth note rests
  • m50/52 RH beat 2 add a staccato to the eighth note perhaps?
  • m52 RH missing two sixteenth D's on beat 1
  • m55/56 RH beat 1 add a staccato here (in m56 it would apply to both notes)
  • m57-62 RH all of the quarter notes sound staccato

NineLives

I've updated the sheet a bit.
Quote from: Zeila on October 05, 2021, 11:01:32 PM
  • m2 beat 3.5 sounds like the B bends to an A here. Idk if you missed that or if you intentionally did it that way to differentiate it from m6 though. Same thing goes for m10 vs m14
  • m24 RH beat 3.5 missing E quarter note
  • m52 RH missing two sixteenth D's on beat 1
I know quite a few of the notes bend, but I'd rather keep it just a long note of the initial hit to differentiate it from the times it's not bent and rather just a couple of eighth notes. On the source above, I don't hear the E you're speaking of in measure 24. For measure 52, I hear it more as a single eighth note rather than two sixteenths.
Quote from: Zeila on October 05, 2021, 11:01:32 PM
  • m49-62 RH it would be nice to add the upper harmony layer on some of those notes, although that might raise the difficulty too much in comparison to the rest of the song
  • m49-62 LH another suggestion to make that section a little livelier is to lower the bass part and add octave hits on beats 2 and 4 where there are currently eighth note rests
I do agree that the difficulty spike for the first suggestion is too high compared to the rest of the piece and how the right hand is right now is a tad more complicated rather than a lot more, which I feel is more preferable. On the second suggestion, I don't really like the sound of the lower octave bass since it's also seemingly out of nowhere. Maybe if it was throughout the entire piece, it might sit a little better with me, but for just the one section, I don't hear it working in well.

Static

• m8 RH beat 4.5: This triplet should be C-A-G#.
  • m9/11/13/15 beat 3: Ebs should be D#s. At least to my hear, this gives off more of a EmM7 or Gaug sound. This also applies to m41-48.
  • m16/48 LH beat 4.5: D# should be Dn.
  • m25-40 RH: If you want, you could add that half note string voice (the one you wrote in m39-40) throughout this section, omitting notes or changing the octaves as you see fit.
  • m25-40 LH: Some of these chords should be inverted down by one note, and the B chords in all the even measures should just be F#-A-D#. This is what I'm getting (same for all the measures in this section - chords only, ignore the bass):
  • m32 RH beat 2: This note sounds like it's longer just like the surrounding notes, not staccato.
  • m36 RH beat 4.5: This note should be tied (unlike m27).
  • m49/52 RH beat 1: These 8th notes sound staccato to me.
  • m52 RH beat 2.75: This 16th note sounds a bit longer (i.e. tied into beat 3).
  • m54 RH beat 1.25: This E should be a G instead.
  • m58 RH beat 4.75: This D# sounds more like an E, and it sounds like it's tied to the next measure.
  • m62 RH beats 3-4: The guitar part sounds like it mirrors the bass rhythmically here:
Cool sheet

Edit: One last little thing, I'm not sure "Andantino" is really the best tempo indication for a funk tune like this. I mean it's technically correct but it's not really stylistically correct if that makes sense. Just the tempo number will suffice, or maybe put Funk or Funky or something similar.

NineLives

All right! The sheet's been updated with the above changes!

Static

Looks great! Just a few more details:
  • m28/36 RH beat 3: The half note in the lower layer is off-center, so just delete it and re-enter it and it'll be positioned correctly.
  • With the melody in m25-40 flipped up, the spaces between systems are a bit more cramped. You might want to try having 5 systems on page 2, and 6 on page 3.
  • For m53 beat 1.25, I think I hear the E under the G now, though it's a bit hard to tell. The G is definitely the more prominent note but I also don't hear a note above it, so that would make it part of the upper voice anyway.

NineLives

Static

Quote from: Static on October 18, 2021, 01:46:45 PMFor m53 beat 1.25, I think I hear the E under the G now, though it's a bit hard to tell. The G is definitely the more prominent note but I also don't hear a note above it, so that would make it part of the upper voice anyway.
Sorry if I was unclear, I meant you could keep the E as you had before. But it's fine with the G too.

Either way, I'll approve this one, nice work

Latios212

Looks good, just a couple of small things!

- m. 24 - missing a quarter note E on beat 3.5 in the melody. It also sounds like beat 3 should be a rest instead of a tied melody note.
- m. 28/36 beat 2 chord - I would recommend replacing the A's in these chords with B's since these measures don't seem to highlight the seventh (A) like the other similar ones do. Not a big difference though.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NineLives

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle