Title: Rikku's Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

Fantastic Ike

Latios212

Looks good! Just a few small things from me:
- m. 8 beat 1 top layer sounds like a higher G instead of a D?
- m. 8/22 second half - there's F and E on top of these offbeat chords, did you omit them for simplicity? (I ask because the chords are present unaltered everywhere else where possible)
- The inner ties in m. 16/18 could probably be adjusted a bit so they don't blend in with the ledger lines as much
- m. 29 - the A# would probably be simpler as a Bb within the key signature
- Courtesy Bb in m. 31?
- This is a stylistic choice that I'm fine with you keeping if you want, but neither the bass note nor the melody actually carries over from m. 44 into 45 in the original.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on January 25, 2022, 07:16:54 PM- m. 8 beat 1 top layer sounds like a higher G instead of a D?

Not sure about this one, I still think it's a D.  That G sounds like it's moving to an F on the next bit, i.e. its just part of the chords that I've already written in the left hand.

Quote from: Latios212 on January 25, 2022, 07:16:54 PM- m. 8/22 second half - there's F and E on top of these offbeat chords, did you omit them for simplicity? (I ask because the chords are present unaltered everywhere else where possible)

I've adjusted these chords to make them more like the original.  The simplification was unnecessary I think.

Quote from: Latios212 on January 25, 2022, 07:16:54 PM- The inner ties in m. 16/18 could probably be adjusted a bit so they don't blend in with the ledger lines as much
- Courtesy Bb in m. 31?
- This is a stylistic choice that I'm fine with you keeping if you want, but neither the bass note nor the melody actually carries over from m. 44 into 45 in the original.

All fixed.  I just wasn't really paying much attention in 45 I guess.

Quote from: Latios212 on January 25, 2022, 07:16:54 PM- m. 29 - the A# would probably be simpler as a Bb within the key signature

I think we had a similar disagreement in another FFX sheet (and harmonically the situations are very similar).  I guess I still see this as a chromatic passing note so it makes more sense to me as an A#, even if it isn't in the key signature.

Files updated.  Thanks for checking!

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on January 26, 2022, 11:21:37 AMNot sure about this one, I still think it's a D.  That G sounds like it's moving to an F on the next bit, i.e. its just part of the chords that I've already written in the left hand.
Ah got it! Yeah that makes sense, I see what you were going for now.

Quote from: Libera on January 26, 2022, 11:21:37 AMI think we had a similar disagreement in another FFX sheet (and harmonically the situations are very similar).  I guess I still see this as a chromatic passing note so it makes more sense to me as an A#, even if it isn't in the key signature.
Sure, sounds good~

Good to go from me!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Looking really good! Just two small things I noticed:
-Maybe you could write 'con pedale' at the start? I think you were intending that the player should use a pedal, but it's not clear from the notation until m40.
-m29: I don't hear the bass note D restruck on beat 3.

Libera

Thanks for having a look!

Quote from: Bloop on January 29, 2022, 07:38:42 AM-Maybe you could write 'con pedale' at the start? I think you were intending that the player should use a pedal, but it's not clear from the notation until m40.

I wasn't intending the performer to use pedal aside from what is necessary to play what is written, so I don't really want to put a 'con pedale' indication in.

Quote from: Bloop on January 29, 2022, 07:38:42 AM-m29: I don't hear the bass note D restruck on beat 3.

It's quieter than the following bass notes, but I think I hear a D struck on beat 3.  There's definitely something on that beat and if I take out the bass note then nothing will happen there.

Bloop

Quote from: Libera on January 29, 2022, 08:37:45 AMI wasn't intending the performer to use pedal aside from what is necessary to play what is written, so I don't really want to put a 'con pedale' indication in.
Ah alright, I figured it would work pretty well since the guitar is also letting notes ring. Either way works though, so leaving it out is fine too ^^

Leaving the bass note in sounds good too, so I'll accept!
You cannot view this attachment.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot