News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Project Theme Ideas

Started by Kricketune54, January 12, 2022, 10:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kricketune54

Had some ideas wanted to put out there, and well, either write it down or lose it forever as a whisper in the wind...

Year 20XX  - Calling it this because it sounds cool (obviously the update name would be different per the year you decide on), but the idea would be to pick a decade or a specific year as a project theme. 

Speaking more recently, maybe you like 2021 for games (Deltarune Chp 2, Bowser's Fury, Metroid Dread, BDSP etc.)?  Or 2017 (BoTW, Mario Odyssey, Nier Automata, Cuphead)?  Obviously I named off some of the bigger titles of those years and those likely don't cover everyone's interest, so perhaps the decade idea works better.  That way it's not also limited to consoles or platform like an arcade only or Nintendo 64 one would be (though both I like  :) ).

NSM Updates to Chill and Study To - This update seems pretty self explanatory.  Arrange music that is relaxing, most likely lower tempo, and with pleasant keys and chords.  Could kinda frame it as a playlist type update hahah

Kricketune54

5 more project ideas I came up with recently  :)

NSM Sports League - Racing, fishing, olympics, any sort of sporting activities or tournament type themes!  Maybe could be set up  like the food update but a sports club with different events

The Go Outside, Touch Grass Update - Field themes, exploration, any sort of adventuring themes!  A fun listing could also work for this too.

The Game Over Update - All the arrangements are game over jingles, or pieces that play upon failure (ex. last place finishes in Mario, bee stings in Animal Crossing, bad endings, etc.)

Press Start Update - This would be an update of all title screen or title screen themes!  Might be a bit of a tougher project since title screen themes can sometimes be quite elaborate

The Great Menu Update - No, not title screens, but any themes that play on menu screens, whether it's the pause, collectibles, or multiplayer menus

LeviR.star

Quote from: Kricketune54 on January 12, 2022, 10:31:53 AMYear 20XX  - Calling it this because it sounds cool (obviously the update name would be different per the year you decide on), but the idea would be to pick a decade or a specific year as a project theme. 

These are all super cool ideas but I would just end up cheesing this one, y'know why? This is why.

Joking aside, I like proposals a lot! The Press Start Update and NSM Sports League are the most enticing, but what I really love about these are the names, real clever stuff here.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

NineLives

I'd definitely be up for the sports one too for obvious reasons.

Fantastic Ike

Could also do a spring update (e.g. grassy levels) or even an N * S * M  update (like tracks that only start with those letters). Food for thought (hey that could even be a project although I think we've done that before)

Kricketune54

Quote from: LeviR.star on March 03, 2022, 04:32:27 PMThese are all super cool ideas but I would just end up cheesing this one, y'know why? This is why.

Definitely  was what I was going for haha, and I appreciate the other ideas getting put out!  I should've specified anyone feel free to drop ideas

Sebastian

These are definitely some cool ideas.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Fantastic Ike on March 04, 2022, 07:05:43 AMCould also do a spring update (e.g. grassy levels) or even an N * S * M  update (like tracks that only start with those letters). Food for thought (hey that could even be a project although I think we've done that before)
the
N
S
M
update sounds really fun tbh

Kricketune54

Thought of a few more project ideas recently

The Spelunking/Cave Update - Environmental tracks specifically for cave or underground settings. Probably a good amount of dungeon themes fit this niche as well.

The Metropolis Update - A project based around cities, and the themes that personify them. Not towns, but big locations  ;D

One of the Updates of All Time - Songs that are bad - not poorly arranged for piano, but VGM that makes you go  :o. This might be a bit subjective, but there's playlists out there of stuff that is just not considered good, whether it's chords, sound fonts, or the general musicality.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Kricketune54 on May 30, 2023, 11:35:23 AMThought of a few more project ideas recently

The Spelunking/Cave Update - Environmental tracks specifically for cave or underground settings. Probably a good amount of dungeon themes fit this niche as well.

The Metropolis Update - A project based around cities, and the themes that personify them. Not towns, but big locations  ;D

One of the Updates of All Time - Songs that are bad - not poorly arranged for piano, but VGM that makes you go  :o. This might be a bit subjective, but there's playlists out there of stuff that is just not considered good, whether it's chords, sound fonts, or the general musicality.

All excellent ideas, I especially like the "updates of all time" idea. There's so many funny options to arrange for that theme, even some that I've already arranged ::)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 30, 2023, 12:06:21 PMAll excellent ideas, I especially like the "updates of all time" idea. There's so many funny options to arrange for that theme, even some that I've already arranged ::)

It'd be like a second April Fools update, love it! XDD
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

XiaoMigros

Fantastic Ike

Maybe we could do an "Away from the Action" theme? Pause menus, minigames, shops, maybe victory fanfares? Stuff that would correlate to bonus content or otherwise deviate from normal gameplay.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Fantastic Ike on June 26, 2023, 08:30:58 AMMaybe we could do an "Away from the Action" theme? Pause menus, minigames, shops, maybe victory fanfares? Stuff that would correlate to bonus content or otherwise deviate from normal gameplay.
I like this idea!!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]