News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[Wii] Xenoblade Chronicles - "Memories" by Zanza

Started by Zeta, February 19, 2022, 08:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

Quote from: Zanza on September 26, 2022, 12:27:46 PMI know I shouldn't really care, but I don't get why the 2 layers m32 LH should stay like that
Oh I misread and thought you meant m33 (i.e. what is currently m33 in the most recent revision).
You're right that m32 should be flipped as I had mentioned previously. If you check that link I posted above, new files are up now with that fix

Zanza

Loberto Marco

Bloop

Sorry for the wait on this one! These last three months have been quite busy for most of us updaters

-The diminuendo from m8 to m10 is quite long for just going from mp to p: however, maybe you could crescendo to mf in m5 or 6 when the strings come in, so the diminuendo afterwards covers some more dynamic range?
-m12: You could tie the E# in the R.H. to m13 too, like you did in the L.H.
-m21: The E in the L.H. on beat 4.5 should be a D#. Also, you could move this cello line down an octave and add a C# in m22 if you want
-m22: The C#'s on beat 3 and 4 in the L.H. are also played in the R.H.: you could add parentheses to the ones in the L.H.
-m24: The B on beat 4 in the L.H. is also played by the R.H., you could parenthesize the L.H. one again or remove it (and make the note on beat 3.5 a quarter note), so the L.H. mirrors beats 1-2
-m25: I'd write this B-Dn motion in beat 2.5-3 in the R.H., since the R.H. already plays that same B on beat 1 too. It'd make this bar a little bit less confusing to read on first glance.
-m30: I think I hear an F# on beat 4 in the L.H.
-m30-31: Maybe you could tie over or extend some notes in the L.H., so there are no rests: rests kinda look weird in-between notes when you use pedal.
-m35: Maybe you could cross-staff the lower layer of the R.H. in beat 4-4.5 to the L.H., since the L.H. plays this same C# and is more able to play the B than the R.H.
-m41: I hear a G# on beat 2 in the L.H. instead of E
-m48-49: Instead of the decrescendo in the L.H., you could actually crescendo in m48 and decrescendo in m49 to imitate the swelling of the strings in that bar. Make sure to put the dynamic markings in-between the two staves, instead of underneath.

Zanza

I've updated the files. Just a quick thing: other than everything you've listed, I've actually transcribed the cello in the mid of the song, so I added a new layer and everything (it's noticeable on the score). I've also updated the formatting and something here and there, but I don't remember precisely what I did because I tweaked the score some time ago but haven't updated it on the site back then, I apologize. Also, Static mentioned some formatting he did with the file; I would've updated the .mus, but I just can't find a way to work with Finale notepad, so the changes he did are basically gone.
Loberto Marco

Bloop

Quote from: Zanza on January 30, 2023, 11:20:50 AMAlso, Static mentioned some formatting he did with the file; I would've updated the .mus, but I just can't find a way to work with Finale notepad, so the changes he did are basically gone.
Do you mean working with notepad in general? We don't want to be fixing some formatting every time if it can be avoided. I believe all of the changes you made should be able to be done in notepad too.

Some little things that popped up though (besides all the formatting things):
-m26: Make sure to add some rests before the B-Dn in the R.H., because currently it starts out of nowhere.
-m27-29: All quarter notes on beat 2 and 4 should have their stems flipped.
-m30: The E# in the R.H. is the same as in the L.H., you could add parentheses around one of them (preferably the R.H.), or remove the R.H. one and add a (dashed) line towards the one in the L.H. (which I could add for you too, if you can't get it to work in notepad)
Talking about parentheses though, did you have an opinion on this?
Quote from: Bloop on December 29, 2022, 11:39:42 AM-m22 (m23 in the current pdf): The C#'s on beat 3 and 4 in the L.H. are also played in the R.H.: you could add parentheses to the ones in the L.H.

Zanza

I know there's feedback on this submission, I'll work on the score whenever I happen to find time. Thank you
Loberto Marco

Zanza

I've just updated the files with correct formatting
Loberto Marco

Bloop

Almost done! Just a few things (that coincidentally are all on a 3rd beat in the R.H.):

-m12: The sharp of the E# in the R.H. on beat 3 is missing.
-m25: There's a half rest in the R.H. on beat 3 that you could hide
-m29: You can move the left parenthesis in the R.H. a bit more left, currently it's clashing with the sharp. There's a parenthesis in the L.H. that should be deleted as well. Also, I think you can hide the lower 8th rest in the R.H. on beat 3, as it isn't strictly necessary, but it's not wrong either.

Bloop

Bump for arranger, are you able to make these changes/agree with them so we can finish this up?

Zanza

Sorry for the late reply... done everything except that "double rest" (apparently I'm not able to move rests on finale full version).
Loberto Marco

Zanza

Loberto Marco

Bloop

Awesome! Then with that, I'm finally ready to accept!
You cannot view this attachment.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot