One Deku stepped forward:
the duke of the land.

Dekuduke the brave,
no sword in his hand.

He said he would find
this fiend so terrible.

And he went on his quest...
and thus begins the parable.

Feel free to critique! This is the work of... about a week's work over Summer break! You can only imagine how bored I was. :P I don't really have a lot to say, so have fun!

...and no, the story has nothing to do with anything. :P

Tips
- You don't NEED to get Deku Nuts, or Deku Seeds... they just give you a higher score.
- Deku Nuts are generally dangerous to get... I don't recommend you try unless you are okay with dying. :P
- Clouds often warn you of danger, though not always.

;D

MasterPenguin

I can't get past 1 gazillion lbs. :/

kotorfanboy

MasterPenguin

I know. But when I jump down, I only reach the edge, where the spikes come up and kill you. If I jump a little before the spikes, the 1 gazillion lb thing will come and squish me.

=[

Jamaha

kotorfanboy

MasterPenguin: I guess you've got to find the sweet spot then

jake3343

Brawler4Ever

I hate playing this game for 1 1/2 hours and then having my brother kick me off at 9:30 PM...
Wouldn't you?
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Wrydryn

This is a very good yet hard game

KefkaticFanatic

Thanks for making it like IWBTG with cheap deaths.

D:

me irl
[close]

Super Zombie

It's like this game only better: http://technabob.com/blog/2007/02/03/hardest-platform-game-ever-and-its-in-ascii/ Both your game and this one have useless shooting. Coincidence? I think not! Okay, comments and suggestions. First off:

COMMENTS: This game is awesome. It's probably the most addicting Game Maker game I've ever played. The character sprite is really well done, the grass is great, the sounds and bgm are great, and the lack of buggyness is really good. I like how you added checkpoints. It would be impossible without them. I also like the variety in places (like the snowy place vs the normal place you start vs the boxes place). I like how the snow goes across the screen. The easter eggs are funny. The difficulty is right at the perfect point to annoy people because of it being difficult, while not being too difficult for someone to just say "screw it" and stop playing. It is really difficult, though.

SUGGESTIONS: You need a level select and a menu, as well as instructions and you could add in the story you posted in this thread. All that would be really easy to do. You could even have an opening cut scene with scrolling text, or voice overs (you could have people in the forum try to say the rhyme in a cool way). Another noticeable thing is the ground. While the grass is really good, the solid brown/blue ground (I haven't played through the whole game, and I don't think I will until there's a level select, so I don't know if there are more after that, though I assume there is) is dull and a simple pattern would change that. The levels with the boxes worked really well. You can also have something at the beginning of the level to tell people what level they're at. Next to level select, the thing that's needed most is more checkpoints.

This game could be an internet hit with some polish, and since this only took you a week, I doubt it would take much longer. If you converted it into a flash game and got it on a site like Addicting Games, it would be a huge hit.

KefkaticFanatic

The other game uses the shooting to kill pedobear.  But I mostly agree with the above post.

me irl
[close]

Super Zombie

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. DAMN YOU, PEDOBEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And DAMN YOU 4CHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For more info, see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA16PNZ8-2g and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOospcm5CXk&feature=related

And for God's sake, NEVER GO TO 4CHAN!!!!!!!!

ZeldaFan

all i can say is, it's a good thing there's unlimited lives  ;)

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D

Nakah

I like how the entire game is a series of booby traps where your meant to die there a few times before finally moving on.