News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

RS for Consoles?

Started by Tranzlater, August 27, 2008, 06:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tranzlater

How about it? With Runescape HD released, I can imagine it on consoles.
The thing is, is that it's online.
And that would mean that if they released it on 360, Wii and PS3, then they would need to connect together, and I don't think Nintendo would approve.
Maybe just Wii? The controls are perfect, and it would be good if there was a DS version to connect to if you wanted to play RS while not sat at a PC?
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.

kotorfanboy

It would need a lot of new features put into it, but yea, I could see it happening.

gamer4251

Gower said something about it ages ago.  It would need another graphics overhaul though.

acropol

Mike

Runescape? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Nice good one... wait you're serious?

kotorfanboy

I dont think it would be very good, but I could still see it happening.

Gooch

lol, good one. That would be a horrible idea and Gower was pretty much joking when he said that. They have since said (as well as the general consensus) that THERE WILL BE NO RUNESCAPE FOR A CONSOLE! It would be too hard to make, no one would buy it ('tis only played because its cheap), and there would be too much adaptions to make. The Wii only has a ghost of a chance if they SHOULD happen to do this. But, in the long run, it simply...wont...happen.

Wrydryn

wow just wow I can't belive this...
I played runescape but i knew member ship was a rip-off since there are crappy graphics, slow servers,and weird people on. If you have a member ship you are blind to them.

Tranzlater

Runescapes awesome- Membership is cheaper than club penguin O_o
Anyways, if they did do a new game, it wouldn't JUST be Jagex making it, some other companies may help (they are pretty small) so it would be different. Similar items, chars etc.
Probably not for long.

KefkaticFanatic

The only successful MMO on a console is FFXI, and that's because it was made for a console and PC version when it was first released.  Runescape is too dominant on PC controls to work properly on any console as is.

me irl
[close]

Jedesyus

Quote from: Tranzlater on August 30, 2008, 12:39:19 PMRunescapes awesome- Membership is cheaper than club penguin O_o
Anyways, if they did do a new game, it wouldn't JUST be Jagex making it, some other companies may help (they are pretty small) so it would be different. Similar items, chars etc.

+ Club Penguin is owned by Disney, anything owned by Disney should be nuked - then eaten by a grue, then shot, then nuked again

RS for a consol would be majorly screwed, but one of Jagex's rcent polls asked what type of hand held system you play the most and the top answer was Nintendo DS, you can only guess what that means...

Wrydryn

Ok i'm still against it but if they did do it they would get rid of chat.

Tranzlater

Well text chat would be pretty crud but live chat would make things a hell of a lot easier.
Probably not for long.

Wrydryn

no I mean like people who are stupid and 20+ who "WANT" little children(for a note I only know this cause I watch the news) so no chat but still why runescape it sucks! Also I've never play WoW but it seems more likely for that to come out first.

Tranzlater

Maybe WoW, but look, you may only be able to talk to friends etc. which you've traded codes with, and anyways when there's wiispeak everyone in the room can listen in. Automatic paedophile protection.
Probably not for long.