News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[SW] Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country - "Auresco, Royal Capital/Night" by Latios21

Started by Zeta, August 01, 2022, 05:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Xeno
Game: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Auresco, Royal Capital/Night
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

Note about the track title: the official soundtrack release uses "/Night" instead of " (Night)", which is inconsistent with the OST from the first game. I'd be happy to use (and probably prefer) the parentheses instead of the slash if others think it makes sense to do so; otherwise I don't mind leaving it as is either.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Nice sheet!  I guess this is another Xenoblade 2 sheet that can come out surprisingly satisfyingly on solo piano.  Of course, I'm here to mostly talk about details, which is inevitable with these sheets I feel.

-You could drop the time signature changes in favour of a fermata (even though it is completely measured).  It might look more appealing, but I don't particularly mind.
-Missing a note on beat 1.5 of bar 12.  Same for beats 1.5 and 3.5 in bars 14-15.  These could probably go in the left hand.
-The cello pops in at bar 21 and then suddenly disappears in bar 22 beat 2.5.  Is there a reason for that?  I think it could help to fill of the harmony a little more in places, particularly 24 which seems emptier compared to the rest of the sheet.  I think everywhere else the RH patterns work nicely.
-I think if you're going to put beat 3 of the left hand of bar 22 up an octave you should do the same for beat 4, to preserve the rising arpeggio there.
-I think something like this might work better / be more consistent with how you have written the LH elsewhere for bar 25:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
At the moment the bass falls rather than rises to beat 4, and we're missing any movement on beat 3.5.
-The LH note on beat 2 of bar 30 sounds like a C to me.
-Similarly missing anything on beat 3.5 of bar 33.
-I think the bass restrikes on beat 2 of bar 37, although it is softer than the other notes.  It definitely hits another low D on beat 4.5 though.
-I'd suggest inverting the LH chords in bar 40 up once (D# F# An Bn) so that you get across the rising pattern (and also the chord sounds a bit less muddy higher up).
-I hear an F# instead of an A for the bass on beat 3.5 of bar 40.
-I hear the bass hit an E on beat 2.5 and an Fn on beat 4.5 of bar 41.
-I'm not super sure about that D in bar 44.  It sounds just like Esus4 to me.  Maybe you're hearing the D lingering from the previous bar?

Quote from: Latios212 on August 01, 2022, 05:07:30 PMNote about the track title: the official soundtrack release uses "/Night" instead of " (Night)", which is inconsistent with the OST from the first game. I'd be happy to use (and probably prefer) the parentheses instead of the slash if others think it makes sense to do so; otherwise I don't mind leaving it as is either.

I say since both Xenoblade 2 and Torna's OST are consistent about this we should go with the slash.  It makes less sense, but it's certainly more stylish!

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on August 28, 2022, 11:18:19 AMNice sheet!  I guess this is another Xenoblade 2 sheet that can come out surprisingly satisfyingly on solo piano.
Thanks! Yeah I overall like how this one came out (more so after updating it based on your comments). It's surprisingly simple harmonically so most of the work was just playing around with the voicings...

Quote from: Libera on August 28, 2022, 11:18:19 AM-You could drop the time signature changes in favour of a fermata (even though it is completely measured).  It might look more appealing, but I don't particularly mind.
I think I like it as is; right now the measure changes line up with the left hand chord changes.

Quote from: Libera on August 28, 2022, 11:18:19 AM-Missing a note on beat 1.5 of bar 12.  Same for beats 1.5 and 3.5 in bars 14-15.  These could probably go in the left hand.
Yup agreed the notes should be there, though in a couple of places I needed to play around with which note in the chord to put to avoid the right hand a bit. Hope these notes sound good.

Quote from: Libera on August 28, 2022, 11:18:19 AM-I think something like this might work better / be more consistent with how you have written the LH elsewhere for bar 25:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
At the moment the bass falls rather than rises to beat 4, and we're missing any movement on beat 3.5.
Makes sense and updated - although the reason I put the F# lower originally was to have a smoother transition to the low C in the next measure. I wasn't super thrilled about how the accompaniment suddenly drops almost an octave there (B in m. 25 to C in m. 26)... but I didn't come up with anything else to do about it. Playing through it again, it's probably not a big deal and is okay as is.

Quote from: Libera on August 28, 2022, 11:18:19 AM-I think the bass restrikes on beat 2 of bar 37, although it is softer than the other notes.  It definitely hits another low D on beat 4.5 though.
Listening again I actually feel like there's a gap here, like a notable lift between phrases between beat 1 and beat 2. I've put a rest on beat 2, hope that makes sense?

I think I got everything else, and I've left the title as is. Files updated, thanks for checking! :)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Bloop

-m3-5: I'm not sure yet if I'd prefer seeing these three measures as one measure of 6/4 or three of 2/4 like you have :p Personally I would've probably went with 6/4.
-m16: The piano plays a chord on beat 1 here too, maybe you could add a C (or maybe even another A) below the E?
-m22: Is there a particular reason the A of the cello in beat 1 is in a separate layer? In the rest of this measure and in the measure before it's in the same layer as the guitar voice.

That's pretty much all I have to say though, very nice sheet!

Latios212

For m. 3-5 I prefer it as-s because the bars neatly line up with the chord changes ^^ I've updated the other two things though, thanks for checking!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Bloop

Zeta