News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[GBC] Wario Land 3 - "Colossal Hole, Cave of Flames" (Replacement) by Nine Lives

Started by Zeta, September 01, 2022, 06:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Wario Land 3
Console: Game Boy Color
Title: Colossal Hole, Cave of Flames
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

Pretty great, can't seem to find any wrong notes.
I do, however, have 2 suggestions.
-Giving both hands the same dynamic leads to the RH being much stronger than it is in the original. I'd suggest making it piano vs mf LH and/or adding different expressive text to the bar
-Have you considered writing in the percussion as some sort of stomp/piano tap? You'd get the full intro and keep m17-18 from being the ghost town it is now. I'd leave it out in the rest of the piece though, like m4 and such.

NineLives

Okay! I've added the percussion and changed the dynamics! I also changed the amount of measures in the first two systems.

Maelstrom

While I'm sure the next person might have better advice on this, I would suggest moving the mf slightly closer to the bass cleff and the stomp/tap marking slightly further away. Just a smidge in all cases.

Gonna give this an approval in any case.

NineLives

Bloop

Looking great! Just a few tiny suggestions:
-m4, 8, 16, 22, 26, 34: Maybe you could add a courtesy accidental in the L.H. on beat 1?
-m11-13 and 29-31: Maybe you could add legato slurs to the L.H. where it plays legato, to further emphasize the legato-ness of the original.
-m20: You could keep the stomp on beat 3 (and maybe even a tap on beat 4), since the stomping foot (and the R.H.) still have enough time to play its part.

EDIT: I also changed the on-site name to the name you have right now. I don't think there's an official soundtrack for this game somewhere, so I went with zophar's track listing, which looks most official. For next time, please make sure to mention song title changes in your post, because we could've easily overlooked it :p

NineLives

Everything's updated!
Quote from: Bloop on September 04, 2022, 11:23:42 AMFor next time, please make sure to mention song title changes in your post, because we could've easily overlooked it :p
Sorry about that. I'll remember for next time! :)

Bloop

Maelstrom

Bloop

Zeta