I think Deltarune is multiplatform, no?
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]

Notes:
  • m21 b2.5-3 should be F-G instead of D-E
  • m40&56 b2-3 should be C-G not B-C
Arrangement Choices/Formatting:
  • For the first measure, on b3 the snare is hit in rapid succession, maybe a tremolo or something of the sort would do a better job of replicating that than a sustained dyad?
  • m2-8: Beats 1-2.5 sound emptier than the original, it gives a slightly different rhythmic feel than the original. What do you think of including some of the other harpsichord notes (particularly the E on b1.5)? Also, the upper layer's rests can be moved down a little here.
  • m39: The slur here needs adjusting.
  • m43-end: the rests in the LH would also be better suited a bit within the staff imo
  • I seem to remember the site using <Toby "Radiation" Fox> to list the composer, but maybe that can go either way.
Nice sheet, not much I'd have done differently

Bloop

Quote from: XiaoMigros on September 30, 2022, 01:38:39 PMI think Deltarune is multiplatform, no?
We use the platforms of the initial release date for the console abbreviation, and Deltarune was released on PC a couple of months before PS4 and Switch.

Quote from: XiaoMigros on September 30, 2022, 01:38:39 PM
  • m21 b2.5-3 should be F-G instead of D-E
  • m40&56 b2-3 should be C-G not B-C
Both fixed! I assume you meant C-D for m40&56

• For the first measure, on b3 the snare is hit in rapid succession, maybe a tremolo or something of the sort would do a better job of replicating that than a sustained dyad?
Good point! I just did two 16ths instead of a tremolo tho, since there are only two snare hits too.

• m2-8: Beats 1-2.5 sound emptier than the original, it gives a slightly different rhythmic feel than the original. What do you think of including some of the other harpsichord notes (particularly the E on b1.5)? Also, the upper layer's rests can be moved down a little here.
I actually decided to include an E on beat 2 instead, to imitate the snare hit. The extra harpsichord notes are on beat 1.5 and 3, but if I were to include those, it gets more of an alla breve 2/2 feel instead of the driving 4/4 of the drums.

• m43-end: the rests in the LH would also be better suited a bit within the staff imo
I lowered a few ones, but not all of them: in measures with a D or D# in the L.H., the rest on beat 1 will get pretty close to the note already (the one on beat 3 could technically be lowered, but I figured it'd be easier on the eyes to have them on the same height within a measure)

• I seem to remember the site using <Toby "Radiation" Fox> to list the composer, but maybe that can go either way.
I actually just didn't notice haha, apparently all my sheets and only my sheets on the site don't include "Radiation" in the composer title. I edited it here, and I'll get to changing the on-site ones another time!

Updated the files!

Maelstrom

re: toby fox's name: he's changed his professional title from Toby "Radiation" Fox to just Toby Fox and apparently doesn't exactly like to be associated with his former handle.

I think a few rests throughout the piece might still be a bit high, but that's more personal preference than anything

I think that aside from that, the sheet is great

Bloop

Ah, good to know haha, in that case I'll change it back and don't change the ones on site (since I already forgot I'd do that lol). I think I'd prefer not lowering any rests, since they'll either get close to other notes or aren't really consistent within sections or half measures.

Libera

Some things I noticed:

-Lots of missing notes in the opening few bars for the harpsichord.  Intentional?
-Why drop the snare hits on beat 2 in bars 27+, like you had in the opening.  It makes that section suddenly lose a lot of energy.
-Is this loop correct?  I can't tell from the youtube link.

Bloop

Quote from: Libera on December 07, 2022, 02:43:15 PM-Lots of missing notes in the opening few bars for the harpsichord.  Intentional?
It took me some time to hear the D in the screenshot you mentioned on discord, but after playing it I think I'll keep all the extra notes out: they're a bit weird to play together with the held notes, and take away from the accents on the notes I do have.

Quote from: Libera on December 07, 2022, 02:43:15 PM-Why drop the snare hits on beat 2 in bars 27+, like you had in the opening.  It makes that section suddenly lose a lot of energy.
I think I just forgot that part tbh, added those!

Quote from: Libera on December 07, 2022, 02:43:15 PM-Is this loop correct?  I can't tell from the youtube link.
It is yeah, I remember checking a youtube video as well to hear the repeat.

Updated the files!

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot