News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Libera's Halloween Sheet (2022)

Started by Libera, October 08, 2022, 08:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libera

Bloop

very epic stuff

-m1-8: This is purely based on the playback/midi, but is there a reason you decided to add hidden pedal markings in this section? It doesn't sound that great with the fast low bass.
-m2, 18, 26, 34: I hear An's instead of Ab's in the R.H. here.
-m10 and throughout the song: There's a percussion hit on beat 2 as well, maybe you could add that in as a low C too?
-m42: Maybe you could change the G's in the lower layer in beat 4-6 in the L.H. to Ab's? Since a string bass line seems to be holding an Ab in this bar too.
-m55: The L.H. quarter on beat 5 is missing a staccato marking.
-m86: The third 8th in the R.H. is missing the marcato marking.

Libera

Quote from: Bloop on October 12, 2022, 03:20:34 AM-m42: Maybe you could change the G's in the lower layer in beat 4-6 in the L.H. to Ab's? Since a string bass line seems to be holding an Ab in this bar too.

I'm not sure it's the bass playing the Ab there, and I think for consistency it'd be better to stick with the G like elsewhere, so I left this as it is.

Otherwise, everything should be fixed!  Thanks for the feedback.

Bloop

Alrighty, then I'll approve!
You cannot view this attachment.

XiaoMigros

Sounds like G to me as well, though the percussion seems to obscure that a little bit.

Static

Don't have too much to add here, looks great. I'm also hearing G in the bass in m42/44.
  • m1/17/etc. RH beat 3: The choir melody sounds like it goes up to G (or Bb later) here.
  • m26/66 RH beats 4-6: The high woodwinds/strings play a different figure here from the one you have written. Might be cool to include, though probably harder to play and I can see why you'd leave it out.
  • m55: Why not just write this with three (unarticulated) 8th notes like in m41 RH? The three notes are all played with the same length and articulation, but a performance might not come across that way with the staccato articulations.
  • m86 LH: Might be interesting to change up the rhythm here to match the different bass drum rhythm compared to m84:

Libera

Quote from: Static on October 16, 2022, 12:38:07 PM
  • m1/17/etc. RH beat 3: The choir melody sounds like it goes up to G (or Bb later) here. Hmm I don't hear this.  I think maybe something underneath is moving, but the top voice is definitely staying put on that second note.  I listened to all the other versions of this piece as well (where the quality is a bit better) but I still don't hear that movement.
  • m26/66 RH beats 4-6: The high woodwinds/strings play a different figure here from the one you have written. Might be cool to include, though probably harder to play and I can see why you'd leave it out. Yeah I think this is a bit idiomatic for the flutes and would be a bit overly difficult and not that rewarding to play on piano.  The line I wrote in is still there, underneath in the strings.
  • m55: Why not just write this with three (unarticulated) 8th notes like in m41 RH? The three notes are all played with the same length and articulation, but a performance might not come across that way with the staccato articulations. I think because I have rather ineffectively (and perhaps subconsciously) tried to differentiate the two.  I've changed it to three full quarters with staccato-tenutos to try and get across the increased level of weight that I'm looking for.
  • m86 LH: Might be interesting to change up the rhythm here to match the different bass drum rhythm compared to m84: I was pretty open to this idea on reading it, but trying it out I think it makes the phrase lose some of the power that comes from this constant repeated rhythm.  In the original it doesn't because the bass is still staying with the same rhythm, but here I couldn't really come up with a way of doing both rhythms at the same time which didn't lose some power.  I think I'll leave it as-is, but thanks for the suggestion; I didn't notice that change in the percussion myself.

File updated!  Thanks again.

Static

All those points make sense to me. I took a listen to another version as well and I hear m1/17/etc. more as you have it. Accepted.