Game: Fire Emblem Heroes
Console: Mobile
Title: Breeze of Askr
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

Bloop

-Maybe you could add a staccato marking at the L.H. in m1 and m58? For the middle section you could add 'con pedale' or 'legato' at m25, but the change in accompaniment is probably enough to notice that the staccato marking wouldn't apply here anymore.
-m25-26 and 29-30: I think the G in m25 and Bb in m29 on beat 3 should be tied over in the next bar, considering the softer piano part as the melody rhythm
-m43: This R.H. chords is pretty stretchy between the C and F (3rd and 4th finger) while holding the top A, maybe you could delete the C since it's in the L.H. as well?
-m58: I don't think it's possible to hold the low G in this bar: the chord itself is doable with the thumb on both the F and G, but you either have to hold both of them or make both of them staccato.
-m59-65: I hear these chords differently with a G as the top note: not sure exactly what they are, but they kinda sound like D-F-G and D-Eb-G?
-m65: I hear a Bb on beat 1 in the L.H. instead of G (but the G is still there on beat 3)

Libera

Quote from: Bloop on November 20, 2022, 03:13:34 AM-Maybe you could add a staccato marking at the L.H. in m1 and m58? For the middle section you could add 'con pedale' or 'legato' at m25, but the change in accompaniment is probably enough to notice that the staccato marking wouldn't apply here anymore.
-m43: This R.H. chords is pretty stretchy between the C and F (3rd and 4th finger) while holding the top A, maybe you could delete the C since it's in the L.H. as well?
-m58: I don't think it's possible to hold the low G in this bar: the chord itself is doable with the thumb on both the F and G, but you either have to hold both of them or make both of them staccato.
-m65: I hear a Bb on beat 1 in the L.H. instead of G (but the G is still there on beat 3)

^Should all be fixed!

Quote from: Bloop on November 20, 2022, 03:13:34 AM-m25-26 and 29-30: I think the G in m25 and Bb in m29 on beat 3 should be tied over in the next bar, considering the softer piano part as the melody rhythm

Hmm I was really going off of the strings playing these notes and I think it makes more sense to restrike here based on how those parts sound to me.

Quote from: Bloop on November 20, 2022, 03:13:34 AM-m59-65: I hear these chords differently with a G as the top note: not sure exactly what they are, but they kinda sound like D-F-G and D-Eb-G?

I don't really want to put the G at the top because of the melody in bar 58, but I can just add in the G everywhere in these chords?  Does that work for you?

Thanks again for checking!

Bloop

Quote from: Libera on November 20, 2022, 09:57:20 AMHmm I was really going off of the strings playing these notes and I think it makes more sense to restrike here based on how those parts sound to me.
Yeah it's kinda hard to hear if the strings really restrike or not, but I can hear what you mean.

Quote from: Libera on November 20, 2022, 09:57:20 AMI don't really want to put the G at the top because of the melody in bar 58, but I can just add in the G everywhere in these chords?  Does that work for you?
You could also change the chords from m59 on instead, kinda like how you moved some notes up an octave in the part at m9 for the melody, but this works too I think ^^

You're also only missing this one:
Quote from: Bloop on November 20, 2022, 03:13:34 AM-m43: This R.H. chords is pretty stretchy between the C and F (3rd and 4th finger) while holding the top A, maybe you could delete the C since it's in the L.H. as well?

Libera

Quote from: Bloop on November 26, 2022, 05:38:25 AMYou could also change the chords from m59 on instead, kinda like how you moved some notes up an octave in the part at m9 for the melody, but this works too I think ^^

I'm kind of forced to do this in the beginning but since I can get away with making it consistent at the end I would prefer to, I think.

Quote from: Bloop on November 26, 2022, 05:38:25 AMYou're also only missing this one:

Oh sorry I read that and thought about it but forgot to post about it.  My intention there was for the player to not hold onto the top A and move down to the chord.  I think with some pedalling you can get that A to sustain without needing to hold it.

Bloop

Quote from: Libera on November 27, 2022, 05:04:28 AMMy intention there was for the player to not hold onto the top A and move down to the chord.  I think with some pedalling you can get that A to sustain without needing to hold it.
Wouldn't that also hold the Bb in the L.H. or cause a break there?

Also, just noticed the last two quarter rests in the L.H. of m41 should be a half rest, but aside from that it looks good!

Maelstrom

RH:
-m3 and similar - I hear all these chords as D+G+A. This also applies everywhere this chord pattern is used (sorry)
-m10-m22 - I don't hear the half notes held to the b3.5 of all those measures. If you want that there for clarity, it's fine. Can't decide if it looks cleaner with or without.
-m32 - I kinda liked the resolution here where the G in m31goes up to an A. I don't think much would be lost if you add that and remove the low D#, personally.

LH:
-m28 b4.5 - I hear an E3 here following the C#
-m29 b3.5 - I hear a Eb here following the B. Granted, its kinda faint, but so is everything else here.

And that's it!

Libera

Quote from: Bloop on November 27, 2022, 07:14:19 AMWouldn't that also hold the Bb in the L.H. or cause a break there?

Yeah you might have to come off early on the LH.  Not a big deal, personally.  I think I trust the pianist to work out how they'd like to do it!

Quote from: Bloop on November 27, 2022, 07:14:19 AMAlso, just noticed the last two quarter rests in the L.H. of m41 should be a half rest, but aside from that it looks good!

Oh no.  Fixed.

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 27, 2022, 12:08:07 PMRH:
-m3 and similar - I hear all these chords as D+G+A. This also applies everywhere this chord pattern is used (sorry) I don't agree with this.  The Bs at the top are pretty clear to me, and nearly all of these chords have Ds anyway from the LH.  I think the voicing of the chord does change but from this arrangements perspective it doesn't see it.  The left hand changing covers pretty much everything I think.
-m10-m22 - I don't hear the half notes held to the b3.5 of all those measures. If you want that there for clarity, it's fine. Can't decide if it looks cleaner with or without. Yeah it's just for ease and clarity.  I think it looks a lot better this way with the RH connected up, otherwise the rests become messy.
-m32 - I kinda liked the resolution here where the G in m31goes up to an A. I don't think much would be lost if you add that and remove the low D#, personally. Hmm, I really feel like the D# -> E is important because that's what then leads into the next phrase.  I think that takes priority over the resolution you're talking about, which kind of just fades into the background for me.

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 27, 2022, 12:08:07 PMLH:
-m28 b4.5 - I hear an E3 here following the C#
-m29 b3.5 - I hear a Eb here following the B. Granted, its kinda faint, but so is everything else here.

Added both of these, and also a similar left hand note in bar 30 and an additional one I spotted in bar 28.  In my first draft of this arrangement I actually just had held notes in the left hand because I missed these piano runs completely, that's how faint they are haha.

Thanks for the checks both of you.  Files updated!

Maelstrom

Those chord changes are rather ambiguous; something changes but I'm not 100% what so if you want to keep it that's fine.
As for the rest, it sounds good. Gets my approval.

Bloop

Quote from: Libera on December 04, 2022, 04:38:15 PMYeah you might have to come off early on the LH.  Not a big deal, personally.  I think I trust the pianist to work out how they'd like to do it!
Alrighty, that works for me! I'll accept!

You cannot view this attachment.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bloop.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot