whats some games you'd like to see on the virtual console

Started by PseudoMario16, September 04, 2008, 07:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PseudoMario16

just wanted to know...

anyway, id be pretty cool for dk64 on virtual console
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

kotorfanboy

It probably wont happen, as that is a rare game. I don't think they will put it on XBLA though, as I think Nintendo has rights to the donkey kong name. So I think it'll be a stalemate and no one will get it. I think all of the square games for the snes (chrono, ff 4 and 6) would be good additions.

Super Zombie

I don't want to throw the word "emulators" around, but...

sonic130

I totally agree with you. dk64 was probably the best n64 game. In my opinion.

blah54

virtual console and wii-ware... i suppose they're both good add-ons... but i think nintendo should put a little more emphasis on newer stuff...

cause frankly, even though nintendo likely has more classic games than any other company, they need to put more focus on keeping up with the rest of the companies...

nintendo in stats isn't falling behind, if anything it's surging ahead, but i think that they need to pay respect to the roots that got them so far and make what people would call "true"  games... and one new mario or zelda game doesn't seem to cut it, because the market is now overflowed with the fps genre and that's what all the new gamers are growing up loving and of course being blissfully ignorant of anything nintendo by following the common "childish" and "sucky graphics" stereotypes...

right now i predict that nintendo will remain on top for a long time... but as more generations of gamers start to "game", nintendo is going to lose unless they step up and either create more "true" games... not necessarily go fps crazy to be like the majority of the market, but to at least educate 3rd parties on how to make good wii games...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

kotorfanboy

Nintendo is losing value in their wiiware and virtual console because of the abilty for emulators on the wii. And I believe you can't even get Rare games from an emulator. My friend tried, and apparently there is an extra level of security. I haven't tried though, as I alreayd have dk, bk and bk2 (though Conker looks tempting  ::))

SuperFireKirby

If intendo wants to make money off hard core games like myself who were dumb enough to buy a Wii they need some amazing fps games on the Wii. We'll have to see how CoD: World at War turns out.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

kotorfanboy

Or just an amazing game period. But for the motion sensing there is a surprisingly small amount of fps games, which I would think would thrive in such a system

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

musicguy360

It's on the gamecube!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SuperFireKirby

Legend of Zelda Collector's edition. It has the original LoZ, Zelda 2, OoT, and Majora's mask.

PseudoMario16

well, i really didnt like majoras mask...
anyway, i just thought of another game they should put on the virtual console-rayman 64. i loved that game!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

SuperFireKirby

Olimar12345

yeah! i remember in the 4th grade spending hours on that game trying to beat it and get all those fairy things! :D
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!