E. Gadd's "Too Hot to Handle" Project Sheet(s?)

Started by E. Gadd Industries, August 11, 2023, 09:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

:D

Super Mario Sunshine - "Corona Mountain"

This one had its round already in submissions but then things got too busy. I sat down just now and applied a majority of the feedback given in that run, and am now waiting to get Dropbox access (have PM'd Latios with email) to add the files to the project folder. Note that I am not on Discord, so I will only receive notifications here about feedback.

I'm also contemplating submitting "Sirena Beach" (*if that would fit the theme?*) since I have it mostly finished, will need to check it over to see if it needs a bunch of work before adding it here.

EDIT: The file has been submitted to the folder!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Bloop

-m1-4: I hear the L.H. A-G#-A-G# voice play the same rhythm as the drums: maybe you can just write it out like this?
You cannot view this attachment.
Possible even an octave lower than I did here.
-m5 and on: In the R.H. you kinda switch between which voice you see as the melody (the notes that are doubled in the octave). I think the weird synth-y organ (the one more panned to the right) takes a little bit more of the focus, so that'd mean the R.H. in m5-9 should be one inversion higher
-m16: I think it'd make a little bit more sense to write the Fx's here as Gn's, so you have the Gn-Dn-Gn power chord, which looks a bit more like the others before. Also, in beat 4, I can also hear a D#.
-m22: Maybe you can try shifting around some octaves here as well, as this part sounds a lot darker and ominous: you can try reaching more into the middle/lower register of the piano (still above the bassline of course).
-m30-31: You don't necessarily need the 8va here, the D# is still very readable.
-m35: D.C. al Fine means "play from the start of the song up until Fine": however, it repeats back to m5 and there's no Fine in the song. Since you have a repeat bar, you can just add a repeat bar at the final barline, but I personally prefer using a D.S. (without "al Fine") and put a segno at m5.

Kricketune54

Just quick pop in with link to non-extended version of this
Spoiler
[close]

As for Sirena Beach, I looked at some footage, and it's like a beach at sunset? I'm... not opposed to letting it in, cuz beach implies hot and all lol but it seems a little loose of a connection to the project

Kricketune54

Hey just bumping this thread, are you going to be able to make changes on this project sub?

Latios212

I'm going to archive this due to inactivity. Feel free to resubmit through regular submissions~
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle