News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[N64] Castlevania

Started by npercmusic, August 22, 2023, 09:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

npercmusic

Hello users and members if NSM,

I am a huge fan of the soundtrack from the N64 Castlevania game. It was a surprise to me, when browsing through this site's section dedicated to all games Castlevania, that this particular game has no transcriptions. I would love for this game's soundtrack to make an appearance on NSM. The music is amazing!

Atcero

Hello! Usually for requests you post specific songs you'd like to see. I know CV64 (and Lod by extension) does have a few remixed tracks that aren't super dissimilar from the original, but hopefully by the end of this year I can get the intro theme at least onsite
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

npercmusic

This would be wonderful. The track I am most interested in is called "Opposing Bloodlines". This is the opening intro piece to CV64.

Atcero

I think that's the track most people know and like, cause I know it's my fav of it. By the end of the year is my goal for an arrangment on it for sure!
Quote from: Dudeman"When Atcero and Dudeman are busy whooping Maelstrom's ass, Alfonzo mans the Spirit Train."

Spoiler
[close]

Fernman

Hi npercmusic,

These songs are way too spooky for me, but to give my two cents here. Midi scores exist for this game online in places such as https://castlevaniadungeon.net/Media/midi2.html 
and
https://musescore.com/user/298841/scores/793681
as well as
vgmusic.com

Assuming the scores sound exactly as you expect them to, If you want to take a crack at arranging some music I'd recommend downloading Musescore 3 or 4 (depending who you ask) and opening the midi scores in Musescore and then making an arrangement for Piano. Maybe you can be the first to submit some sheets for this game.
If you don't see a midi score online an alternative is to use a Midi Rip of the game which will help you get started but may take some effort to work with. I can discuss more on the midi rip if you are interested.
If you like the Musescore link, but don't way to pay or use the free trial you can take a screenshot of it, place it in a word doc, and save it as a PDF, use musescores convert to pdf, and it will give you a musescore file likely with some errors, but enough to work with without recreating the wheel.

Just a thought in the event you wanted to become an arranger as well.

Atcero

Hello Fernman,

We actually do not allow those transcriptions or arrangements as our rules state:

Plagiarism here includes written content as well as copying parts of other MIDI files or arrangements as your own without permission.

This rule also applies to midi rips of the original games as it's not your original work. We instead encourage people to try transcribing/arranging the songs on their own by developing and honing their musical skills. Please do not suggest midi rips to users or arrangers as this is not considered arranging here, it is plagarism as said above.

Spoiler
[close]

npercmusic

Hello,

Just checking in to see if there has been any progress in arranging "opposing bloodlines" from CV64/LoD