9. The Phantom Number Swapper: Olimar12345

Head Honcho is the sole winner.

Actions List:
Spoiler
Night 1:
1. A# Minor: 35
2. TheZeldaPianist275: 55
3. Olimar12345: 1
4. E. Gadd Industries: 22 (PNS swapped to 1)
5. ThatHiddenCharacter: 74
6. SpecsFlyer17: 77
7. XiaoMigros: 6
8. magnet: 0
9. Toby: 88, 35

THC was wolfed.

Day 1:
Gadd was lynched.

Night 2:
1. A# Minor: 72, 35
2. TheZeldaPianist275: 27 (PNS attempted to swap to 5 but lol)
3. Olimar12345: 99
6. SpecsFlyer17: 52
7. XiaoMigros: 51
8. Magnet: 67 (randomized)
9. Toby: 90

A# Minor was wolfed.

Day 2:
Olimar was lynched.

Night 3:
2. TheZeldaPianist275: 53
6. SpecsFlyer17: 80
7. XiaoMigros: 45 (randomized)
8. Magnet: 54 (randomized)
9. Toby: 99

Magnet was wolfed.

Day 3:
Nobody was lynched.

Night 4:
2. TheZeldaPianist275: 13
6. SpecsFlyer17: 17, 18
7. XiaoMigros: 31 (randomized)
9. Toby: 50, 91, 51

Specs was wolfed.

Day 4:
Xiao was lynched.
[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

HALL OF QUOTES

Spoiler
Quote from: Toby on August 18, 2023, 12:53:05 PMTZP seems good at math so I personally nominate him to solve the game

Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 18, 2023, 01:33:49 PM"misquote the art of war so people think you know what youre talking about"
- sun tzu, the art of war

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on August 19, 2023, 12:50:00 PMThis is my last post. May the almighty BDS have mercy on our souls.

Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 19, 2023, 02:49:41 PMhi wolf, im the PNS!! please tell me who you are in DMs so we can win together, thanks

Quote from: magnet on August 19, 2023, 07:04:21 PMGuys, I don't think THC was the wolf

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 19, 2023, 09:03:00 PMHm. Well, if the wolf does claim to you, do me a solid and send them my way before you off them, pls! I would like to win too ;  ;
Context: Olimar asking A# to send the wolf his way before revealing the wolf publicly, if the wolf claimed to A# first. A# agreed.

Quote from: A# Minor on August 20, 2023, 08:59:19 AMI'll explain after I get breakfast
Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 20, 2023, 12:24:44 PMthis is quite some breakfast... reveal when
Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on August 20, 2023, 12:39:34 PMThis is truly a breakfast of champions

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 21, 2023, 03:36:01 AMGonna assume you're just another human then. Have fun pretending to be me and getting no wolf claims out of it lol.
Context: Toby did not believe Olimar's PNS claim. Olimar did not take that sitting down.

Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 21, 2023, 11:37:39 AME. Gadd sus
hot damn E. Gadd sus
Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 21, 2023, 11:38:23 AMwhy did it put it twice :sob:
Quote from: A# Minor on August 21, 2023, 11:43:48 AMYou are very suspicious of him, which is reasonable. No need to sob XD

Quote from: XiaoMigros on August 21, 2023, 12:36:07 PMme too, im actually still eating yesterdays breakfast

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 21, 2023, 06:45:03 PMAight, now that it's night time foos I may comence my plan to aid my beloved wolf-senpai.

Quote from: A# Minor on August 22, 2023, 10:14:55 AMdoes anybody know where magnet is?
Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 22, 2023, 10:40:34 AMCan probably track him down with a magnet of opposite polarity

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 22, 2023, 06:02:14 AMIt's a game of risks, and I've given the wolf-senpai the choice! [...] No matter what they choose, someone WILL die tonight.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 23, 2023, 03:37:22 PMLet the chaos ensue! It is all for my beloved wolf-senpai!!

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 31, 2023, 03:02:15 PMgood lord five more pages what the hell is happening

Quote from: Toby on August 31, 2023, 03:12:38 PMTZP stop reading and just vote Xiao

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 31, 2023, 03:14:20 PM-Also I have NOT been a nothingburger
[close]

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

So, I'm with TZP irl right now.

If anyone wants me to say anything mean or commit any acts of violence, I'm taking requests.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

BlackDragonSlayer

From a host's perspective, there were SO MANY tense moments throughout the game, especially toward the end. IMO, the no lynch strategy was hella risky and I'm not sure I would've supported it as a human player. It was less than an hour before the end of the night phase, and neither Specs nor Xiao had submitted a number. It was a genuine possibility that the game could've ended with a double kill if one or both of their numbers randomized the wrong way (though Specs did end up submitting a number in time, Xiao did not—was that intentional?).

Also, humans were ridiculously close to a double or even triple kill Night 1. THC caught a bullet for y'all; if he had picked one number higher, it would've been a triple kill, and if he had picked two numbers higher it would've been a double kill.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Xiao you lied about what number you picked night 1 and 2 and didn't follow the plan 3, or 4 lol

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on August 31, 2023, 04:00:52 PMXiao you lied about what number you picked night 1 and 2 and didn't follow the plan 3, or 4 lol
I was also very confused about this. I had to re-check my PMs several times to make sure I didn't make a mistake.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

someone please explain the PM from Olimar

QuoteI can switch it to specs, easy.

TheZeldaPianist275

Xiao had it OUT for Olimar lol. Part of the reason I didn't cooperate with Olimar's plan N2 was because I thought he had already hit his win condition. If Xiao was truthful about his number, THC wouldn't have been the one who died, so I assumed Olimar had gotten lucky N1 and switched Xiao away from the number I picked. But apparently not.

And THEN Xiao convinced Olimar to switch MY number for a PNS wolfing but it failed because I was the wolf. Sorry bro--would have been happy to share the win!

Toby

I went into the last day really thinking TZP was going to get my vote, but I felt there being too many errors from Xiao that I just couldn't let myself lose to that

ThatHiddenCharacter

It's so difficult knowing things after death and then not being able to talk to anyone about it.

I kept seeing ways humans could still theoretically win, but if we're being honest, this game was lost before it even begun. TZP rolling wolf again was just bleh. He's too good at deception and no one suspected him until the end. It looked like a very fun game, though. Shame luck is not my strong suit. Next game I'm in better not be related to luck-based kills.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on August 31, 2023, 04:07:26 PMbut if we're being honest, this game was lost before it even begun.
No way dog, I was on the ropes for the last 72 hours. Toby had my number for sure
Also I'm really sorry I hit you THC

Toby

I so wanted to lynch you TZP but Xiao, I feel like you didn't do yourself any favours last day and there were clear mistakes if I lost to I would feel so silly

Toby

but TZP you played really well, you kept on bottom of everyone's suspicions. I only started considering you the last day

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on August 31, 2023, 04:05:32 PMXiao had it OUT for Olimar lol. Part of the reason I didn't cooperate with Olimar's plan N2 was because I thought he had already hit his win condition. If Xiao was truthful about his number, THC wouldn't have been the one who died, so I assumed Olimar had gotten lucky N1 and switched Xiao away from the number I picked. But apparently not.

And THEN Xiao convinced Olimar to switch MY number for a PNS wolfing but it failed because I was the wolf. Sorry bro--would have been happy to share the win!
Interesting! I assumed you were hoping to keep Olimar alive so he could back you up in a final lynch, thus achieving his alternate win condition by being the last human alive.

Also, thank you to everyone who helped make this game as active as it was!!! I had NO idea that the game would ever end up being this active. Apparently it's the third most active TWG, behind TWG XC (hosted by Davy) and TWG LXXII (hosted by Jub3r7).

Another note is that I deliberately tried to write the story so that whoever would be the last human alive would end up being revealed as the protagonist, a responsibility which ended up falling to Toby :P If the game somehow ended with all humans dead, then it would be revealed that the protagonist was the Head Honcho who had given themselves amnesia. If the game ended with a human win, the Head Honcho would've gotten away but everyone left alive would've been safe. If the PNS had won, there would've been a little "epilogue" wondering why they had been picked as the wildcard player and why they had been spared.

Every story was written at least a few hours ahead of time except the final story (I didn't want to have to write two or three completely different potential versions :P), with some sections left blank for modification until the phase actually updated.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SpecsFlyer17

Yeah not much suspect of TZP. Looking back, I REALLY shouldn't have been as gung-ho on the "Toby was the only one to benefit for not choosing 50!" logic. I started to pick up on the fact that literally anyone could've seen that. And sure enough, TZP (who's idea it was to begin with) did exactly that. Nice frame. I started to pick up on that, but I got wolfed soon after.

Bad beat on Night One for Olimar. TZP thought he won because Xiao's fake pick claim made him think the PNS had to have met the condition.

Also if THC had picked 75 instead of 74, that would've been a triple kill. He fell on the grenade to 'save' the team.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL