News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - "Before the Final Battle" by Cashwarrior1

Started by Zeta, September 28, 2023, 10:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Before the Final Battle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Cashwarrior1

cashwarrior1

Kricketune54

Sorry for a bit of wait on this!

• I think you could add a con pedale for the intro section if you wanted, and a senza pedale at m9
• m5 the grace note sounds like it's two grace notes, a Dn and En.
• m5 RH 3.5 and 4.0 are one quarter note
• m7 RH hearing 3.5 and 4.0 for the F's as quarter length, but the Bb above are individual 8th notes.
• m19 and m23 RH hearing Dn underneath melody note's not Fn's
• m21 LH not hearing 4.5 An, but did you add this for consistency of the rhythms?
   - Same goes for m28 1.0 Dn, m30 1.0 Db, and m32 1.0 Cn.

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Kricketune54 on November 17, 2023, 07:12:44 PM• m5 RH 3.5 and 4.0 are one quarter note
• m7 RH hearing 3.5 and 4.0 for the F's as quarter length, but the Bb above are individual 8th notes.
So I'm hearing it as the top melody note is re-articulated for both measures (the flute for m5) while the bottom note is being held. I put them as separate layers to reflect that.

Quote from: Kricketune54 on November 17, 2023, 07:12:44 PM• m21 LH not hearing 4.5 An, but did you add this for consistency of the rhythms?
   - Same goes for m28 1.0 Dn, m30 1.0 Db, and m32 1.0 Cn.
I had thought I fixed m21 before uploading, but I guess not whoops. Also for 28, 30, and 32, I had the downbeat to reflect the bottom note of the guitar, but I think it wasn't very clear. I removed the staccatos and included them in the rolled chord.

Kricketune54

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on November 18, 2023, 09:13:39 AMSo I'm hearing it as the top melody note is re-articulated for both measures (the flute for m5) while the bottom note is being held. I put them as separate layers to reflect that.
Ah, okay I hear this as well.

QuoteI had thought I fixed m21 before uploading, but I guess not whoops. Also for 28, 30, and 32, I had the downbeat to reflect the bottom note of the guitar, but I think it wasn't very clear. I removed the staccatos and included them in the rolled chord.
Rolled chord looks like a good addition. Seems like you could do the same for m33 as well? Just based off what I hear

• m6 do you hear the flute part plays the melody in triplets, and the string is as you have written? Obviously both can't be written in a good way, but I feel like the triplets are ever so slightly more prominent. Thoughts on replacing the two 16th's and 8th note pattern with three 8th note triplets?
• The slur in m9 is a little flat in shape, maybe you could pull the middle up a little bit? Arrows in my pic are direction I moved
Spoiler
[close]
• m11, m15, m19, m23 RH 2.0 hearing a Bn grace note on the C. I think it's just prominent enough to where it would be a worthy inclusion.

cashwarrior1

Kricketune54

One last small grace note I hear is at RH m24 there's a Bn on beat 1.0, but will approve this one  :)

XiaoMigros

• Generally we advise not to use staccato in combination with dotted notes, would you be okay with changing those appearances to regular 8ths instead?
  • The grace notes in m5 sound like a regular mordent to me
  • The BPM note is in the wrong font, could you set it to MaestroTimes size 16? Here's the symbol you can copy: Œ
  • Artistically, would it make more sense to release the pedal at m10? That way there would be a stronger contrast in tone between the intro and main section.
  • m30: beat 3 isn't yet exposed in the RH

cashwarrior1

Quote from: XiaoMigros on December 14, 2023, 05:10:00 PM
  • The BPM note is in the wrong font, could you set it to MaestroTimes size 16? Here's the symbol you can copy: Œ
I'm not able to insert notes using MaestroTimes. Copying that symbol worked, but the only way I can put a note in is using Maestro.

Updated.

XiaoMigros

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on December 15, 2023, 09:01:01 AMI'm not able to insert notes using MaestroTimes. Copying that symbol worked, but the only way I can put a note in is using Maestro.
I left an explanation in the submissions channel, but unfortunately due to the nature of the font the inserting notes buttons don't work.

For m30, you can write beat 3 RH as a dotted eighth. Changing that should also automatically fix the collision of beat 4.5's accidental with the stem. The rest of the changes look good!

cashwarrior1

Quote from: XiaoMigros on December 15, 2023, 09:15:42 AMFor m30, you can write beat 3 RH as a dotted eighth. Changing that should also automatically fix the collision of beat 4.5's accidental with the stem. The rest of the changes look good!
I like how when I changed the dotted quarter to a tie, i thought it looked wrong, then immediately forgot about it 🙃🙃🙃

Updated.

XiaoMigros

Zeta