TWG CXVII: The Lantern Keeper Redux Postgame

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, October 26, 2023, 04:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpecsFlyer17

Quote from: A# Minor on October 26, 2023, 05:14:57 PMwhoa specs how'd you do that

Double post? Not sure, the website glitched.

gth wolf
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

A# Minor

Quote from: SpecsFlyer17 on October 26, 2023, 05:15:59 PMDouble post? Not sure, the website glitched.

gth wolf
yeah, that's probably it. this is one of the times when you'd love to be able to delete posts

oh no, not again
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

A# Minor

Quote from: XiaoMigros on October 26, 2023, 05:13:08 PMwdym what, could have been anyone
yeah, I just thought it was funny that he'd pick me of all people

"the semi-inactive, kinda unhelpful kid DEFINITELY has the lantern"
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

I unintentionally set an avatar that matches my custom title (Termina Tango) and now I don't want to post

SpecsFlyer17

I'm surprised my 7:59 central time vote for Oricorio didn't spark more suspicion. I certainly thought I was dead in the water after that.

Yeah, I "did it to avoid a KitB"... but idk

Oricorio

A few thoughts before I move on to the next game:

Number one, I'm not exactly impressed for being suspected simply because I made pushes and tried to gather information, I.e. exactly how I play the game. There were some things I wouldn't have done as town, like promoting a lot of pro-Strange Man propaganda when I would have been more skeptical as a villager, but simply making pushes is NAI for me and I'd think you'd all realize it if you played in more highposting communities.

I suppose a bigger part of the problem, though, is that I've been playing NOC games for so long that I kind of forgot how to play OC. OC games are a completely different beast; while in NOC gambits like fakeclaiming Seer are incredibly frowned upon they can work in OC if you're collaborating with other townies behind the scenes. Of course, this falls apart when multiple town gambits collide with each other, and especially when wolves get involved in both of them.

The one thing I'm dumbfounded by is that you didn't look more into the BDS nightkill. Wolves didn't kill one of the previous lantern holders, which should have told you that at least one of two things was true: Wolves believed my Strange Man claim, meaning I wasn't a wolf, and/or there was at least one wolf in the second set of lantern holders. If you looked into the latter, it would have casted serious doubt on THC being a wolf, though I probably still would have voted them for the self-voting alone.

Oh well, it goes to show that y'all should have lynched Specs over me. The only ones around to switch were wolves, but oh well. threalmathguy MVP.

Toby

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on October 26, 2023, 05:12:38 PMThat's a little harsh... I wasn't trying to lose the game. I sincerely thought it was the best play at the time. Once I had done it, I couldn't exactly go back.

Yeah but like I'm sorry everyone thinks their own suspicions are the best, anyone could just fake claim seer and a red seering on their top suspicion but that just throws the game when false and means players can't follow the result of the actual seer, or fallback on social deductions. I'm sorry to be harsh but it was a selfish play to put your suspicion of Davy above everyone else's and fake claim seer just to try get your point across. I enjoy playing with you but that wasn't fair - fortunately TZP still seems to think it was a fun game regardless.

Toby

Quote from: Oricorio on October 26, 2023, 05:19:57 PMA few thoughts before I move on to the next game:

Number one, I'm not exactly impressed for being suspected simply because I made pushes and tried to gather information, I.e. exactly how I play the game. There were some things I wouldn't have done as town, like promoting a lot of pro-Strange Man propaganda when I would have been more skeptical as a villager, but simply making pushes is NAI for me and I'd think you'd all realize it if you played in more highposting communities.

I suppose a bigger part of the problem, though, is that I've been playing NOC games for so long that I kind of forgot how to play OC. OC games are a completely different beast; while in NOC gambits like fakeclaiming Seer are incredibly frowned upon they can work in OC if you're collaborating with other townies behind the scenes. Of course, this falls apart when multiple town gambits collide with each other, and especially when wolves get involved in both of them.

The one thing I'm dumbfounded by is that you didn't look more into the BDS nightkill. Wolves didn't kill one of the previous lantern holders, which should have told you that at least one of two things was true: Wolves believed my Strange Man claim, meaning I wasn't a wolf, and/or there was at least one wolf in the second set of lantern holders. If you looked into the latter, it would have casted serious doubt on THC being a wolf, though I probably still would have voted them for the self-voting alone.

Oh well, it goes to show that y'all should have lynched Specs over me. The only ones around to switch were wolves, but oh well. threalmathguy MVP.

I didn't get the lynch of you at all but I think it was the wolves that swayed it not the humans

Also none of the night 2 lantern holders were wolves so that doesn't make sense

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Toby on October 26, 2023, 05:20:00 PMYeah but like I'm sorry everyone thinks their own suspicions are the best, anyone could just fake claim seer and a red seering on their top suspicion but that just throws the game when false and means players can't follow the result of the actual seer, or fallback on social deductions. I'm sorry to be harsh but it was a selfish play to put your suspicion of Davy above everyone else's and fake claim seer just to try get your point across. I enjoy playing with you but that wasn't fair - fortunately TZP still seems to think it was a fun game regardless.
I just randomly chose davy. Anyone I chose had a 50% chance of being a wolf. I wasn't suspicious of davy until after.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

A# Minor

guys I need to know why you lynched oricorio

ninja'd
hey! listen!! ⬆️

haha get drowned
[close]

Toby

There's also no way I'm not going to vote THC there because I'm simply not going to lose against someone who gets caught fake claiming seer

I'd rather lose and blame the human throwing than lose to a proven fake claim lol

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Toby on October 26, 2023, 05:20:00 PMfake claim seer just to try get your point across.
That was not what I was doing at all. From my view, we had no information and almost no way of getting any. I figured a 50% chance of hitting a wolf was better than nothing.

SpecsFlyer17

Oricorio-

I was giggling when you posted "hi open wolf" after I changed my vote.
That was funny.

Also, what's NOC vs OC?

Toby

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on October 26, 2023, 05:25:33 PMI just randomly chose davy. Anyone I chose had a 50% chance of being a wolf. I wasn't suspicious of davy until after.

That's worse

You should have just claimed 2 green results  if you genuinely thought you were being helpful but also there was no need to protect Specs claim. I think Specs claim was obviously false given how early in the night phase he did it. He would have posted it last minute if he was the real seer

Toby

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on October 26, 2023, 05:27:31 PMThat was not what I was doing at all. From my view, we had no information and almost no way of getting any. I figured a 50% chance of hitting a wolf was better than nothing.

But you went from it being a group decision of who to choose with 50% chance to trying to make it your own choice which is kinda selfish

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Toby on October 26, 2023, 05:27:59 PMHe would have posted it last minute if he was the real seer
It was last minute. There was only like 15-20 minutes left.