TWG CXIX: Luigi Wins by Doing Absolutely Everything

Started by davy, November 30, 2023, 09:22:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nana1Popo2

Alright friends i have a minute to type here.

There are reasons i havent been sus on BDS; they have offered valuable insight. We have discussed and tbh if they are the wolf they deserve this one because im getting no readings off of it hahaha.
Aside from that, i did a huge deep dive and with the knowledge i have in pms and such, it would take just so much for them to be wolf. Imo at least, this is my first TWG in a year or so here in NSM Land.

Ori is still top sus, and the enormous amount of posting might be trying to all of a sudden cover tracks? Its a lot lol.

Toby is still close. But it seems most others are also getting sus vibes.

TZP is after; some days are heavy sus, others are heavy town vibes... lol. Of all games for town to have a lot of trust in me. Im doin ma best x)

Math is uhhhh here. Still quiet.

THC is back, busy still... and quiet.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

therealmathguy

I'll be around till the end of phase, though I don't have much more to say regarding my vote.

I won't insta Oricorio either, though I'd be ok with it.

I'll throw you a bone though

BDS

Probably a throwaway vote but I want to see what happens toward the end

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Toby on December 06, 2023, 07:52:18 AMI just remembered Oricorio literally has a green steering !

I mean could still be master wolf or even redirection so it's possible that Oricorio isn't even green and or the seer got redirected to a green player

It's annoying there aren't any cardflips so we knew if Specs was red or green at least to try match up the pair
Quote from: threalmathguy on December 06, 2023, 09:26:08 AMI'll be around till the end of phase, though I don't have much more to say regarding my vote.

I won't insta Oricorio either, though I'd be ok with it.

I'll throw you a bone though

BDS

Probably a throwaway vote but I want to see what happens toward the end
These are two bizarro posts back-to-back. Toby remembers that Oricorio has a green seering on him but intentionally interprets it in the least charitable way possible. Math drops in and votes for the player most trusted by the alliance leader despite not clearly preferring him over THC and Oricorio, the other players he's claimed to suspect. That feels like an artificial push toward Oricorio, and an artificial push away from Oricorio. Why? 15 mins left in phase, if you guys are here I'd like to hear something about this.

Safety on THC

Oricorio

Well, I'm screwed. It seems everyone has confbiased me as scum, which means there's little I could do anyway. It doesn't seem like town has a clear plan after my death, which isn't good. Also not happy about being a standard earlygame mislynch here, it seems like people need to be more charitable to my playstyle. Tried to put in the effort I should have been putting in all game, didn't work. Now I just woke up and there's little I can do

Also I prefer the old layout

Oricorio

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on December 06, 2023, 08:27:05 AMHello Deku! Good to see you.
:C>:C

Oricorio, it's all good and fine to say that if you were intentionally trying to KO Waluigi's credibility you would have done it yourself, but that doesn't seem to me to be materially better (from wolf!Oricorio's perspective) than allowing another player to attract attention by noticing it and then melting into the crowdshaming, and it also totally could have been a simple mistake. I think that's more likely and is a potential explanation for your stridency in speaking out against it.

As far as who's on deck next if you are lynched, I'd say Toby, then Math. But I don't think you can get away with accusing me of having buyer's remorse against Specs. That is an extremely selective reading of my posts--I still think there's a good chance he's a wolf, your avoidance of him on D1 is one of the things that made me consider you as an option in the first place, and while I flirted with the idea of a Toby/Math pairing, the results of N2 make me think that's not a live possibility any more (though I think either one could possibly be a wolf). If I vote you now there's only one more to insta I believe, so I'll hold off, but I fail to see a better option right now.

Also Oricorio can you remind me what ISO and PoE and lamist refer to?

Also also damn. This forum layout is going to take a long time to get used to. I got the "new replies, review your post" notification but couldn't see the replies without opening a new tab.

ISO: A list of all a player's posts in isloation
PoE: Process of elimination, preferably you want this down to "number of wolves + number of available mislynches" (3 in this game, but will become 2 after my death)
LAMIST: "Look At Me I'm So Town"

Oricorio

Well, at least the idea of Specs/me being a wolfteam is about to be debunked.

therealmathguy

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on December 06, 2023, 09:47:01 AMThese are two bizarro posts back-to-back. Toby remembers that Oricorio has a green seering on him but intentionally interprets it in the least charitable way possible. Math drops in and votes for the player most trusted by the alliance leader despite not clearly preferring him over THC and Oricorio, the other players he's claimed to suspect. That feels like an artificial push toward Oricorio, and an artificial push away from Oricorio. Why? 15 mins left in phase, if you guys are here I'd like to hear something about this.
Of the three I named, THC is the least likely vote for me because my uncertainty there lies in wilder theories like self wolf. So it's between Oricorio and BDS. Oricorio at least has a green seering. Of course, we can't keep ignoring green readings but it's at least some info to go off of

Oricorio

Would be better to lynch someone who wasn't seered, that way we would have a larger percentage of living players seered which is helpful for considering what pairings are possible, but what do I know

Oricorio

There is likely at least one wolf on my wagon, but that should go without saying

Oricorio

And I'm dead. Sorry town for not being able to pull through

davy

TWG CXIX: Luigi Wins by Doing Absolutely Everything
Spoiler
Mortals

Wolves

1. Master Wolf
2. Redirection Wolf - During the night, can target a player, either living or dead, and another living player. If the first player is the Chosen One, the Aloof Seer will receive the color of the second player rather than the player targeted by the Aloof Seer. Loses this power once it has been used successfully.

Both wolves have access to the annonymous TWG account that obtained the Aloof Wolf Shaman role.

Humans

3. Chosen One - Has access to the annonymous TWG account that obtained the Aloof Seer role. Cannot be revived.
4. Sacrifical Lamb - Can revive a dead player other then themselves during the night phase. Single use. Can be used even if the Sacrifical Lamb is dead.
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Herring
9. Miller - Identity will be revealed privately to the wolves at the start of the game.

Divine Beings

1. Aloof Wolf Shaman
2. Aloof Seer - Seers blue players green.

- These two roles will be distributed randomly between the annonymous TWG accounts TWG Luigi and TWG Waluigi.
- Both wolves have access to the account that obtained the Aloof Wolf Shaman role, while the Chosen One as access to the account that obtained the Aloof Seer role.
- Dead players with access to an annonymous account can still partake in the game through the annonymous account that they have access to (they cannot partake with their own account anymore, though).
- Both Divine Beings cannot vote, cannot be lynched, cannot be wolf'd, cannot be targeted by any power, and do not count towards either team (Hence why they are called Aloof). They can use their seering power during the night, post in the topic and send or receive PMs.

Win Conditions

Wolves win at parity.
Humans win when both wolves are dead.

Other rules

N1 start.
No cardflips.
Instakills are enabled, phantoms are in play.
PMs are permitted.
Only living players can be seered.
If the Sacrifical Lamb targets the Chosen One, the power does not go through, but the single use will be retained for a later night phase.

[close]

Players:
1. BlackDragonSlayer
2. TheZeldaPianist275
3. ThatHiddenCharacter
4. Toby
5. Oricorio
6. SpecsFlyer17
7. XiaoMigros
8. threalmathguy
9. Nana1Popo2

Substitutes:
1. The Musical Poet

Day 2 is over. Oricorio was lynched.

It's now night 3. Night 3 ends december 7th 10:00AM PST/11:00AM MST/12:00PM CST/1:00PM EST/6:00PM GMT/7:00PM CET. Update will be a couple hours late, as I will be at an event at that time.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

Well, now we have to figure out if one of Oricorio/Specs were a wolf, or neither of them were.

I hope tonight's seering will be... informative. Just gotta avoid the redirection for one more night (if it hasn't happened already).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Judging from Oricorio's last posts I'm wondering if he was human after all, it seemed very genuine

TWG Luigi

Quote from: Oricorio on December 06, 2023, 10:00:13 AMAnd I'm dead. Sorry town for not being able to pull through
This doesn't sound genuine to me, Luigi.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on December 06, 2023, 08:28:22 AMTHC is back, busy still... and quiet.
I won't deny that, but you have to admit I've been more active than the past two games. Plus, I'm on vacation now, so plenty more time for this stuff.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on December 06, 2023, 10:19:38 AMWell, now we have to figure out if one of Oricorio/Specs were a wolf, or neither of them were.
I feel that Specs was likely a wolf. As much as I understand the argument that the wolves could be using how the messages are typed to try and frame people, I just find it very unlikely. The only person I could see doing that is you, and only because you're the one who brought attention to it by asking me who I thought it was based off of text. Also, I can't speak for anyone else, but I couldn't consciously put a space before a question mark. It would drive me to insanity.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter