TWG CXIX: Expecting Luigi to Win? Too bad, Waluigi Time! (Post Game)

Started by davy, December 09, 2023, 02:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you planning to play the next TWG?

Yes
8 (80%)
No
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Nana1Popo2

I gotta say, getting thrusted into such a position of importance after not playing for a while threw me off haha.

It was lots of fun, but also for the record... everyone acted suspicious.
Definitely the first TWG where it was such a stalemate from my perspective. I should have led the fight against Toby like originally planned, but then he posted stuff that was rather credible.

Same with TZP. Alas...
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

davy

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Toby

Very nice post game and analysis Davy. Thanks for all the work put in.

Great game!

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: Toby on December 10, 2023, 06:11:58 AMVery nice post game and analysis Davy. Thanks for all the work put in.

Great game!

Agreed. Thanks davy!

This was a great setup for a game, albeit odd how inactive it was in comparison to games I've played in the past.
Perhaps i got used to more consistent posting in Discord rather than forum-style ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Either way, i look forward to playing more!
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

XiaoMigros

Quote from: davy on December 09, 2023, 02:56:35 PMespecially the d3 one, though I doubt it would have changed the outcome if it arrived earlier.
Well, I kept it to myself for a reason, and as you said it wouldn't have helped.

Quote from: davy on December 09, 2023, 02:56:35 PMThe only other thing I can say is that you should look at your posting style a bit more when playing an annonymous account, as THC managed to figure out that you were Luigi because of not capitalizing any sentence.
You might recall N1P2 shared that PM without my knowledge, and that I protested as soon as I found out. All other sentences were capitalised

SpecsFlyer17

Also who was responsible for the massive WAAAAAAAAAAAAA? That was good.
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

davy

Made a small poll to figure out how many players we're going to have before the host sign-ups start.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

TheZeldaPianist275

First of all, Davy, I'm really sorry about the Waluigi slip! That had to have been frustrating as a host, we kind of robbed the game of its hook early on and turned the alt accounts into simple team-aligned seers. I'd honestly be up for playing a game like this again so we can know what it's like when it's a pissing match between Luigi and Waluigi without it being obvious who's legit. Glad you seem to still think it was a fun game.

When you talk about my big wolf slip: were you referring to this post? If so, that actually wasn't a slip at all: I was interpreting N1P2's pre-death legacy post about "cool stuff happening" as THC's revival. I was correct about that, and human!TZP had all the info he needed to guess that Luigi was the human seer: N1P2's post said "if cool stuff happens, Luigi is on the level." Waluigi claiming to be THC didn't factor into it at all!

Speaking of N1P2: great job! You had a lot set on your shoulders this game and I think you handled it well. Sure, if BDS had been a wolf, you would have shot your team in the foot...but BDS wasn't a wolf, your read was good, and you did quite a lot to make things difficult for Toby and me.

Oricorio: I'm sorry about your lynch, you seemed genuinely angry! I hope you can forgive NSM for it—I'm not entirely sure why N1P2 and BDS suspected you so much, but Toby and I were pushing for it just as much as they were and it was definitely not a great lynch which had a lot of wolf influence to it.

I think an underrated town mistake this game was failing to accurately model just how quickly the wolves would receive information. By N2 we were positive that the Chosen One was either Xiao or THC, and it seemed clearly to be Xiao between those two. The seering power stopped being relevant almost immediately; we really only ever relied on our N1 seering on Oricorio, which was ironically information that was published D1 anyway. Process of elimination happens quickly.

THC, by the way, you retracted your vote on D3 with about 90 seconds to spare! We were real close to pouncing on that.

Toby was an awesome partner. For real, I felt like I had already won once I saw he rolled onto my team. At the very least we had to work for it though haha. Sorry you felt like I was trying to cut you loose for half the game! For everyone else's benefit, I was hoping that having been vocally on every single lynch in a guaranteed LyLo situation would have been big human points, since it would have seemed to disqualify me from partnership with every possible wolf option. Looking back though I don't know that this would have been enough, especially if I was seered a second time, and I'm happy that it worked out the way it did in the end. Thanks for hosting Davy—it was a well-designed game, I really enjoyed reading how you went about building it!

BlackDragonSlayer

In hindsight I should have pushed harder for a Math lynch D1 (but I still would've felt bad about lynching Math D1 twice in a row). Aside from TZP's push against Specs which would have made him less likely to side with TZP in LYLO, I think Specs has already learned to be a bit hesitant about fully trusting TZP after what happened in the Numbers game :P

Re: setup, I think the only change I'd make would be to change the redirection wolf to a one-time roleblocker (basically works the same way except being able to block the seering instead of redirect it). In a flipless game, having a redirection wolf basically means the humans can't reliably trust any of their info since they don't know when or even if the redirection has been used.

EDIT: Additionally, both publicly and in PMs with N1P2, I had been pushing for a Specs seering (and I was told that Xiao had also wanted to seer Specs), so Specs being the N2 seering instead of Toby would've led to some interesting results too.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

With 9 people voting in the poll, I think we have enough votes to gauge interest. Host sign-ups will be up later today!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber