News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

[SW] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - "One Last You" by JZ

Started by Zeta, December 19, 2023, 07:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Xeno
Game: Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: One Last You
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JZ

MomoQca

I struggled a bit on the placement of the lyrics as they tended to clash with many things. It is not perfect.

As always, feedback is appreciated. Have a great day!

Latios212

I appreciate the effort to get a sheet for this song on site ;D (Side note, your lead sheets for the Xeno songs have been fun for me to play around with, so thanks!)

Just skimming for now, but one thing I would like to suggest. Notating pitch bends makes sense for writing vocal lines, but not as much for piano. You can't smoothly pitch bend on piano, so I feel like the extra note strikes feel intrusive rather than helpful, as if you're adding more syllables artificially. The melody line on piano feels more faithful to me without the pitch bends in it, more similar to how the other piano arrangement does it. What do you think?

also I'm confused why Jen Bird has a (s) at the end
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Kricketune54

Bump for arranger, it seems Latios has left you some comments here and was looking for your thoughts

MomoQca

Hi! Sorry for the wait. I just wanted to prioritize my other sheet for the update. Now that it is on-site, I can shift my focus back to this one.

That being said, I'm currently out of town. I intend to get back to this as soon as I can. :)

MomoQca

Sorry, this took so long!

Files have been updated per Latios' comments. (Btw, I'm glad you like the lead sheets! Still have a few more songs to add to the catalogue haha)

General changes to the sheet:
-Measure system-wise, the previous file felt cluttered. Decreased to 2 measures per system (not all of them)
-Revamped most of the LH part
-Added guitar voice (m2-4), piano chords (m7, 9, 10, 13, etc.), strings (m27-29, 68, 69, etc.)
-Guitar solo (m60-67) has been tweaked a bit to be more pianistic