[GCN] Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - "Waluigi Stadium & Wario Colosseum" (Replacement) by Nine Lives

Started by Zeta, January 15, 2024, 07:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Mario Kart
Game: Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Console: Nintendo GameCube
Title: Waluigi Stadium & Wario Colosseum
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

NineLives

NineLives

Forgot to mention the title should be changed to "Waluigi Stadium & Wario Colosseum," since it's for both courses.

Latios212

You did mention it in your original post, haha :P it's updated now!

Just skimming, but unless there's a difference I think m. 23-28 could be axed in favor of using a repeat system with three endings (ending the second ending at the end of m. 22, and beginning the third ending at the current m. 29).

I'd also suggest using 4 measures per system in most places as 3 feels pretty stretched out due to low note density and high tempo. If you implement the above suggestion as well, you can fit this arrangement snugly on two pages.

(Nice tempo marking, by the way xP)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NineLives

Quote from: Latios212 on January 29, 2024, 08:49:17 PMYou did mention it in your original post, haha :P it's updated now!
Oops! Silly me! ;D
All the files are updated with the above suggestions.

XiaoMigros

• m6 & 10: The RH note sound sustained to me, no rests. m11 beat 1 does sound like a rest though, for the record
  • m15 and similar: All the E#s should be Fns
  • m26 and similar: I'm not hearing the D be restruck on beat 1, sounds like a rest.
  • The D.C. text should be moved slightly upwards

nice sheet

NineLives

Quote from: XiaoMigros on February 03, 2024, 11:24:14 AM
  • m6 & 10: The RH note sound sustained to me, no rests. m11 beat 1 does sound like a rest though, for the record
The notes sound closer to portato to me. I think the organ holds longer than the brass, which may have confused me initially. I put a few tenuto markings on them to try and illustrate how they're played. Everything else has been changed accordingly.

Latios212

Hm, I think the key signature should probably reflect that the tonal center is D with the Cn's borrowed, how would you feel about making this two sharps instead?

About endings, hearing different things for the LH in each one. Also the C should be sharp in the RH of the first ending as well.
You cannot view this attachment.

- Measures 12 and 32 play an A augmented chord, so those Cn's should be sharp. The left hand of m. 32 is also incorrect on beats 2.5-3 (A and C#).
- Last LH note of m. 36 should be sharp
- Beat 3 of the last measure should be C# instead of D
- I think the chord in the last measure should actually be D major (e.g. containing F#) despite the bass playing Fn.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NineLives

I believe everything above has been addressed. I changed the key signature last, so let me know if that screwed up any of the previously established accidentals and I'll fix those real quick.

Latios212

Cool, almost there! A few things I may have missed before:
- Last Cn in m. 8 should be C#
- In m. 6 the Cn's in the LH on beats 3 and 4 are actually B
- In the RH chord in m. 6 the C should be sharp
- I missed this before, but the Fn in the left hand should actually be sharp as well

Lastly, this is kind of annoying, but it sounds like in m. 8, the second repetition only, the bass plays G# on beat 2.5 instead of G (similar to m. 4). I'd maybe suggest verifying another source as this is a bit strange, but if it is the case it might be best to just write the whole thing out with no repeats. :/

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NineLives

I believe I got everything up top.
Quote from: Latios212 on February 05, 2024, 05:53:56 PM- I missed this before, but the Fn in the left hand should actually be sharp as well
I assume you meant measure 11 for this, but let me know if I got it wrong.
Quote from: Latios212 on February 05, 2024, 05:53:56 PMLastly, this is kind of annoying, but it sounds like in m. 8, the second repetition only, the bass plays G# on beat 2.5 instead of G (similar to m. 4). I'd maybe suggest verifying another source as this is a bit strange, but if it is the case it might be best to just write the whole thing out with no repeats. :/
That is annoying, but easily fixable.

Latios212

Quote from: NineLives on February 06, 2024, 10:48:44 AMI assume you meant measure 11 for this, but let me know if I got it wrong.
Oops, sorry, I meant the last measure should have F#. The LH of m. 11 beat 2 should actually be natural.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NineLives

Latios212

Great! I shall approve then ^^

(oh, you can move the top staff on page 3 down a bit though)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

XiaoMigros

All that remains on my end is the system distribution- could you perhaps do 4-5-4 systems per page instead of 5-5-3?