News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[GB] Super Mario Land - "Ground Theme" (Replacement) by Nine Lives

Started by Zeta, March 05, 2024, 02:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Land
Console: Game Boy
Title: Ground Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

NineLives

The title I have changed to "Ground Theme" because it's similar to the one found in this CD and is more accurate, since the theme is played in not only the Birabuto Kingdom, but the Easton Kingdom as well. Technically, the "Easton Kingdom" sheet should be changed to "Underground Theme" as well for similar reasons, but I digress.
I have also taken a liberty with the LH dyads in the latter half of the song so it stays consistent with the former half.

Latios212

Quote from: NineLives on March 05, 2024, 02:47:39 PMfound in this CD
Did you mean to link something or are you referring to the playlist that the linked YouTube video is in? Not that I disagree, but just to make sure we keep our titles consistent across sheets for this game.

Quote from: NineLives on March 05, 2024, 02:47:39 PMI have also taken a liberty with the LH dyads in the latter half of the song so it stays consistent with the former half.
This makes sense to me. Overall, it's a lot friendlier to play/read than the existing sheet. I'm a bit hesitant to break the 3-voice polyphony limit of the NES, but it makes sense as a piano arrangement here so I can't really complain. Only thing I'll suggest is the C forming a major second in m. 25 beat 2 RH doesn't really seem necessary - there's already a C right before it and one in the left hand as well.

Those two things notwithstanding, I'll approve!

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NineLives

I have updated the sheet with one less C.
Quote from: Latios212 on March 05, 2024, 08:34:52 PMDid you mean to link something or are you referring to the playlist that the linked YouTube video is in? Not that I disagree, but just to make sure we keep our titles consistent across sheets for this game.
Ah yeah. I should've linked something. The playlist on YouTube itself is an upload of THE 30TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER MARIO BROS. MUSIC compilation CD, which is as official as it gets. I replaced "BGM" with "Theme" though, since that's more in tune with similar sheets on the site as well. And because I usually just switch those two phrases by instinct or remove the "BGM" altogether depending on the song.

XiaoMigros

Arrangement wise this looks great! Oddly enough the Swing markings look they use MaestroTimes, but the BPM notehead looks like it's using a different font. If that's the case, you can use this Ó symbol :)

Latios212

Quote from: NineLives on March 05, 2024, 09:56:58 PMAh yeah. I should've linked something. The playlist on YouTube itself is an upload of THE 30TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER MARIO BROS. MUSIC compilation CD, which is as official as it gets. I replaced "BGM" with "Theme" though, since that's more in tune with similar sheets on the site as well. And because I usually just switch those two phrases by instinct or remove the "BGM" altogether depending on the song.
I'd just like to caution that compilation soundtrack titles aren't always consistent with titles from the soundtracks of individual games, if I recall correctly. Anyway this change seems fine to me and I've updated it in the system!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

NineLives

Quote from: XiaoMigros on March 06, 2024, 02:14:35 PMOddly enough the Swing markings look they use MaestroTimes, but the BPM notehead looks like it's using a different font. If that's the case, you can use this Ó symbol :)
Done!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by XiaoMigros.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot