News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

TWG CXXI: True Love Game Thread

Started by Oricorio, March 07, 2024, 06:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

Quote from: Nakah on March 09, 2024, 11:01:10 AMSince I'm being voted by Raeko, and she states that she's kind of unsure about whether to vote me(and is going to wait until close to end of day phase to decide about her vote), them I'm going to put a likewise unsure kind of vote on her as a reaction test as well to see what happens...

I feel like saying you're doing a reaction test defeats part of the purpose of a reaction test

Feels more like over explaining the reason for a vote

Nakah

Quote from: Toby on March 09, 2024, 12:16:32 PMI feel like saying you're doing a reaction test defeats part of the purpose of a reaction test

Feels more like over explaining the reason for a vote

You know, that's true. I felt that as soon as I posted it, that due the fact that I called out Raeko that now no one would say anything...So I'll change my vote now since I've made up my mind a bit more. Placing my vote onto BlackDragonSlayer for reasons in my post above, and for a sense of intuition.

SpecsFlyer17

Alright, so the game is solved, save for a convoluted plot behind the scenes where people agreed to lie.

Regarding Toby's reaction test, I was a bit surprised by the lack of negative reaction towards his vote on me. However, knowing him to be my lover, I figured it was a reaction test and it likely wouldn't stick.

Looks like I missed on my Nakah/raeko pairing prediction. The accused fluff/parroting can cannot be chalked up on being lovers, but rather some oversights or possibly wolfplay.

Nakah's suspicion list (which wins the world record for worst formatted post ever lol  :)  ) seems pretty high on me, almost too high to be motivated by wolfy intentions. I find it hard to believe a wolf would come out swinging so hard to defend someone who they were trying to protect. That being said, it could be a reverse-phycology attempt, and maybe I am a wolf's lover, which would align with wolf!Toby and wolf!Nakah.

I still stand by my thoughts about raeko liking Toby's reasoning for the vote on me. Toby even admitted he was grasping for any flimsy logic to vote me. That may feel like it could be wolfplay; a small attempt to bandwagon on a player who's lynch would be beneficial to the wolves.

unvote
Current Breathing Mode: MANUAL

ThatHiddenCharacter

I would also like to point out that if Nakah were a wolf, there would likely be two people trying to defend him. And from what I can tell, no one has come to his defense. I will say, I was fully prepared to be on the chopping block in the case that Nakah is a wolf, but the posts he made after I fell asleep all feel genuine to me. I'm getting a bit more of a town read now. I also didn't have two people defending me when I was the subject of votes, which would also likely be the case if Nakah were a wolf.

The issue now is that I don't agree with wolf read on BDS, and therefore don't want to vote him, but I also no longer feel voting my own pair out is a good idea.

I'm going to change my vote to raeko because it's clear that voting Toby will get me nowhere right now.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

mastersuperfan

I was already planning to do this earlier (and have PMs with raeko to back it up) but was going to wait until BDS showed up. but since Nakah has already gone ahead with it, I'm going to do it too.

BDS

I don't have a super strong wolfread on BDS or TZP (whereas Nakah might seem to), but I still feel good about Toby, and a bit moreso about THC and Nakah since this morning. right now I think BDS and TZP are flying under the radar without much scrutiny (well, before Nakah showed up, anyway), and that scares me, because I'm not sure I'd be able to tell d1 if one of BDS or TZP is doing a wolf plot behind the scenes. given that I feel good about Toby and better about THC/Nakah than before, from my pov going for TZP/BDS probabilistically has the best chance of getting a wolf.

I'm also still suspect about the idea of a wolf among BDS/Specs/raeko pushing for lynch a h/h THC/Nakah. in the future I could be convinced to vote raeko out and sacrifice myself, but not today.

---

ninja'd. THC the fact that you changed your mind on your vote after you said you were pretty sure it wouldn't change doesn't sit amazingly with me. my wolfread on you isn't as strong as it was previously but I would still be willing to vote you/Nakah out if TZP/BDS doesn't go through or if me/raeko is going to get voted out instead.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mastersuperfan

might not have a ton of time before phase end. will pop in and out but I might not have the ability to do any long detailed analyses
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 09, 2024, 01:35:51 PMafter you said you were pretty sure it wouldn't change
I specifically said unless something big happens. And Nakah came in full force and changed my neutral lean on him, which is big since it means I now have a reason to defend him.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 09, 2024, 01:38:09 PMI specifically said unless something big happens. And Nakah came in full force and changed my neutral lean on him, which is big since it means I now have a reason to defend him.

when you said you weren't going to change your mind "unless something big happens," you were talking about voting Toby, not about voting your own lover out. what happened to that?

Oricorio

SpecsFlyer17: 1 (Toby)
Nakah: 2 (BlackDragonSlayer, Raeko)
Raeko: 2 (TheZeldaPianist275, ThatHiddenCharacter)
BlackDragonSlayer: 2 (Nakah, mastersuperfan)

You have a little over four hours left!

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: mastersuperfan on March 09, 2024, 01:39:43 PMyou were talking about voting Toby, not about voting your own lover out.
Yes. But since I was the only one voting Toby, and Nakah was the only one with more than 1 vote at the time, I would have to change my vote to protect Nakah. I don't wolf read BDS enough to have changed my vote to him, so it made more sense for me to change my vote to raeko, who I do have a slight wolf read on.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 09, 2024, 01:51:04 PMYes. But since I was the only one voting Toby, and Nakah was the only one with more than 1 vote at the time, I would have to change my vote to protect Nakah. I don't wolf read BDS enough to have changed my vote to him, so it made more sense for me to change my vote to raeko, who I do have a slight wolf read on.

okay, makes sense.

mastersuperfan

THC, what are your current reads on me and TZP? remember that when you're choosing to vote raeko vs. BDS, you're not just assessing the probability that raeko or BDS is a wolf, but the probability that raeko or I are a wolf vs. the probability that BDS or TZP is a wolf. if you think me + raeko is more likely, fine, but right now I'm not sure you're factoring it in.

mastersuperfan

I acknowledge that I don't have great reasoning for BDS/TZP at the moment other than "others seem good." I'll try to come back before phase end to remedy that

TheZeldaPianist275

Wanted to pop in and say that I've been doing a bit of reaction testing of BDS in PMs. I wanted his opinion on the Specs vote, and his take on it seemed normal and thoughtful to me.

However, I also suggested an off-the-wall partner claiming plan—to claim partners,unexpectedly, before the group had reached a consensus that everybody claiming would be the best thing to do, and even ask that everyone else keep quiet about their partnerships. Partially I was interested in this plan because I wanted to see if it prompted any unusual reactions from anyone. (this didn't pan out because, as MSF pointed out, neither BDS nor I have attracted that much interest this game so far) However, I also wanted to see what BDS' private reaction would be to an unusual plan that was halfway between everyone keeping quiet and everybody sharing.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 08, 2024, 05:58:18 PMOut of curiosity, what would that accomplish? Feels like a strange thing to suggest. If we're revealing lover information (which I'm still on the fence about—I feel like the discussion thus far has been very enlightening since most people have been operation on the assumption that we're not going to be revealing that information early), it should probably be all-or-nothing.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 08, 2024, 09:40:58 PMI'm open to doing a universal lover reveal, say, 12 hours before phase end, though it needs to be someone everyone agrees upon, of course. I think at this point it could reveal critical information about how people have been acting up until now. Based upon my own game thoughts (which I touched on in the thread) it could definitely be revealing.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 09, 2024, 06:54:19 AMI'll give better thoughts later (will 100% be awake at least a few hours before phase end), but just know that I'm ok with keeping my vote for the time being, and if you feel the need to reveal our lover pair publicly you can go ahead with that.

If BDS is a wolf, I don't think that he's playing any specific angle with this. He plays cleaner than that when he's guilty—I'm just noting an ambivalence or maybe even an apathy toward this hybrid claim strategy. I think a human would be more likely to directly engage with the plan on its merits.

I'm going to keep my vote on Raeko for now, in part because I want to keep playing, but I don't think I'd object to BDS going down either. I may switch to Nakah later (I think I'd rather lose THC/Nakah than Raeko/MSF) but don't want to risk an insta.

Nakah

If I'm correct, this phase ends in T-9 minutes at 6:00pm EST?